Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 19 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 12, 2009, 02:08 PM   #451
AirplaneDoc

British - they never buiilt anything that works well for long
French - droped once never fired
China/Mexico/South America enough said

I pretty much stick to German and American Made.
Old April 12, 2009, 02:21 PM   #452
Koos Custodiet

Quote:
I am surprised to see Glock mentioned
I don't think I will ever buy a Glock. They're great guns, they work well, people swear by them, and I just don't like them.

OTOH I have more than just a thousand through my Taurus 66 and the only "malfunction" is light strikes on heavy (locally produced, cheap but notsogood) primers. And that has something to do with the Wolff spring kit, so it's my fault :-)

(I shoot IDPA with 38 special reloads, lead bullets, cheapest primers...)
Old April 12, 2009, 02:38 PM   #453
weisse52

Quote:
Smith&Wessons with locks and Taurus because of their customer service. Never ever.
Yeah, what he said....and then of course Glock..

US Navy
Kentucky National Guard 223 MP Co.
Old April 12, 2009, 02:43 PM   #454
trickyrick

all right!!! i let go all the negative things about jennings, kel tec, s&w. ruger, rem 700, iver johnson, rg, .25s, .32s, 9mm etc. but to say the british never built anything that lasts is pure crap. i have a bsa sht le III built in 1917 that will hold 1.5" groups at 100 yrd all day long (and has). i have an enfield no2 mk1 made in 1934 and with 38/200 (as close as i can get to that reloading) will still hit consistent 10s at 25 yrds. not to mention my1943 no 4, again 2" groups at 100 all day w/ iron sights.

side note. i had a bryco 9mm that was one of the most accurate, (in my hands), that iv'e owned, shot 1st mag every time w/ out problems as long as it was freshly cleaned. till it disintegrated!
Old April 12, 2009, 03:14 PM   #455
ChefJeff1

Mosin nagant. I just don't get it. Adios and goodbye.
Old April 12, 2009, 04:23 PM   #456
Mags

Anything in 40S&W I have had accuracy problems with my Glock 23 and don't even ask what was wrong with my traded in Taurus 24/7. If a 9mm can't penetrate it and a 45ACP can't knock it down I don't want to have to shoot at it. Also any Taurus gun that Taurus has designed themselves. The PT 1911 and PT 92 are actually good guns but I would't buy their revolvers and polymer guns. Also I would never buy a Sig just because they are the ugliest guns i have ver seen except for their 1911 series.
Old April 12, 2009, 05:08 PM   #457
DAVIDSDIVAD

ITT: anti-logic and fear mongering.

Hey guys, what's the difference between someone who won't buy a gun they don't actually know anything about and someone who thinks all guns should be banned?
Old April 12, 2009, 08:54 PM   #458
DagoRed

Plastic guns
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old April 12, 2009, 10:19 PM   #459
PAPACHUCK

I have but one name to offer, Standard Arms of Nevada.

I had a SA-9 that completely fell to pieces in less than 200 rds.

Other than that, for the right price, and if it goes bang, I just might buy one.
Old April 12, 2009, 10:21 PM   #460
AKElroy

Jennings, raven,hi point, and worst of all.....sigma.
Old April 13, 2009, 04:07 PM   #461
Kayback

I'm suprised to see Glock on the list. And so much hate for them as well. I think some people might have misunderstood what they were buying when they bought one. They were buying cheap, mass produced, lowest common denominator guns. I picked up my 26 because it was cheaper than the competition and money was an issue, it was light for daily CCW, it could take big mags if needed just incase the 13 on board didn't do the job and it is more accurate than I am, as is just about every gun on the planet.

Same with the Norinco. My first weapon was a Nork 1911. 10 years later this weapon has 30 000 rounds down it, and all it's suffered is 2 snapped slide stops and a broken barrel link. The first slide stop was an original Norinco, the second was a no named slide stop. It has had an STI 2011 slide stop in it for the last 4 years, IIRC.

The only non stock parts are mostly cosmetic. Extended Chip McCormak trigger, PT night sights, Ed Brown flat MSH, the STI slide stop and a set of Crimson Trace grips. Everything else is stock.

My "never buy" list is fairly short. Pistol Gripped Shotguns. Unless I can stick a stock on it.

KBK
Old April 13, 2009, 05:51 PM   #462
MovedWest

Nothing polymer. I can't wrap my confidence around a plastic gun.
No .32, .38, or .41 calibers.

Ruger wheel guns are my first pick.

-MW

NRA Life Member
Old April 13, 2009, 06:17 PM   #463
mesinge2

Any Byrco, aka Jennings, aka jimenez, aka Lorcin, aka Raven. Cheap jamm-o-matic's

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=440289

Last edited by mesinge2; April 13, 2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old April 13, 2009, 06:21 PM   #464
shaggy430

AR15 or Mosin Nagant

Don't understand the hype.
Old April 13, 2009, 06:25 PM   #465
mdThanatos

Glock(I dislike them)
Any AR variant(I don't dislike them, but I don't want one)
Barretts(too damn expensive and I don't see the need)
Old April 13, 2009, 07:39 PM   #466
redneck2

Quote:
Don't understand the hype.
Neither did I until I bought one. My son-in-law (Army Ranger) shot these groups at 268 yards (lasered) with my rifle and hand loads. Bushie Varminter, 6.5x20x40 Leupold VX-III
Old April 13, 2009, 07:45 PM   #467
DammitBoy

Glocks - just don't want anything to do with them.
Old April 13, 2009, 08:18 PM   #468
shaggy430

Quote:
Neither did I until I bought one. My son-in-law (Army Ranger) shot these groups at 268 yards (lasered) with my rifle and hand loads. Bushie Varminter, 6.5x20x40 Leupold VX-III
I have a $250 .243 bolt action that will do the same thing. And I am 100% certain it will never jam.
Old April 13, 2009, 08:22 PM   #469
pharmer

I guess a Perazzi or a Krieghoff. There's nothing I can miss better with a $10K shotgun that I can miss just as well with a $500 model. Joe
Old April 13, 2009, 08:31 PM   #470
Isher

Ya know, I just went through this entire thread

And as far as I can tell nobody

Has put a CZ on their never-again list!

Pretty much everyone else is.

Hmmm, wonder why?

isher

~ Thos. Jefferson ~
Old April 13, 2009, 08:48 PM   #471
BamaBob

new guy here, but great question I would have to think on this one because i would enjoy hte chance to shoot anything once but buying is a diffrent thing

P.S. I have a question but not sure if this is the thread to ask it. It seems close enough so here it goes. My brother inlaw wants to buy handgun for home defense. He is not a very experienced handgunner. I suggested a .357. He could load .38 if needed and he wont drop the clip trying to take the safty off. Any suggestions of should I take this to another thread? Sorry But I need my hand held while I get the hang of this posting thing.
Old April 13, 2009, 09:46 PM   #472
Grey_Mana

OK, so I got curious and went looking for the webpage for Raven and lorcin.

I found http://bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/ and a bunch of dead links.

Then I found http://www.homesteadfirearms.com/
Is it 'official'? Who knows? Looking at one product in particular,
http://homesteadfirearms.com/cart2/pid_397.htm , I laughed when I saw the manual costs extra. This would be a fun site to report to ABT - easy bust if you could get them to ship the gun without the manual.
Old April 13, 2009, 10:14 PM   #473
Kayback

The CZ was on one of the first pages.

KBK
Old April 13, 2009, 11:57 PM   #474
Oyeboten

...well, de Taws 'fo-fi' is ( be ) one...( I'd never own...)
Old April 14, 2009, 01:10 AM   #475
Wesson Smith

Hehe. Someone mentioned the AMT Backup. I bought one for what was my GF at the time. Worst gun ever. Jammed every 3rd or 4th round. I decided it wasn't even worth trying to have it fixed, or send it back. Ugh.

- Sir Winston Churchill