Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 24 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old May 9, 2010, 03:30 AM   #576
Kentucky_Rifleman

It isn't that there are guns I won't buy as much as there are guns I generally pass by because I know I can get something I'll like better for comparable money. So, yes, there are brands I pass over in favor of others, but I'd buy damn near anything I got a good deal on, even if it was just to flip the gun and make a profit.

KR
Old May 9, 2010, 03:49 AM   #577
KodiakBeer

Quote:
But for me specifically, I don't see the need or interest for a single action revolver.
Somewhere in heaven, John Wayne is crying...
Old May 9, 2010, 04:30 AM   #578
kopcicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRifleman View Post
Smith and Wesson semi auto handguns.

Never again.

Dunno about the M&Ps honestly but my past experience with their autos was horrible.
Specifically the 39-2 . I had a personal and a service weapon fail . The personal failure happened to a pistol that had been sent back to S&W three times and returned in working order . The fourth time I cut it up with a carbon arc torch and sent it back with the following note (as best as I remember)

Dear sirs ,
Enclosed are copies of all correspondence pertaining to 39-2 ser# xx-xxxxx .
I have owned and will continue to acquire any number of your fine revolvers . I will never again own , operate , fire or even touch another of your semi automatic pistols.
Also contained are the remains of the above identified pistol . I concluded that after original manufacture and three subsequent trips failed to produce a working weapon there was no point in continuing . I did however leave the portions of breech , slide and frame that failed intact for your inspection . ...

The "hush puppy" I was issued was lost over the side after repeated failures and the insistence of my command that it was an integral part of my TO&E and I would comply.

Some few may be aware of the ambidextrous un-safety, locked slide, threaded for wet pack suppressor ,with reduced load modifications . This proved a more than adequate replacement although even with reduced loads it was to that point as much recoil as I had felt from the .45 due to the locked breech . I digress ...

S&W to their credit acknowledged the faults of the 39-2 and offered a considerable discount on one of their fine revolvers .

~kop
Old May 9, 2010, 04:47 AM   #579
Nushif

Call me odd, but I'd say it's an SP101.

The last one I had, had such a ****ty trigger it almost didn't get me into shooting.
Old May 9, 2010, 10:45 AM   #580
pikid89

Quote:
Dunno about the M&Ps honestly but my past experience with their autos was horrible.
I wont ever buy a sigma, but the M&Ps are awesome...way more ergo than a glock...much better trigger, cant wait to sell my glock for an M&P9c

appleseedinfo.org
Old May 9, 2010, 10:48 AM   #581
HGUNHNTR

Springfield XD's
Commemorative anything
Browning Rifles
Ravens, Lorcins, Hi-points, etc

Then/Than--What/Which
These are not interchangeable.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:21 AM   #582
natman

Mossberg Silver Reserve, Stoeger doubles, Baikal doubles. Double guns are expensive to make and if you try to make them too inexpensive you sacrifice quality as these have proven.

Any more Rossis. I might get another Taurus one day, but you've got to draw the line somewhere.

ANY gun that has a stupid and/or non-functional appendage so it looks tactikewl:

And ESPECIALLY this 22:
Old May 9, 2010, 11:35 AM   #583
CraigC

Everybody has their preferences and prejudices. I despise the .30-06. Everybody has one and that's enough for me. It's too in-between, it's 'okay' at many things but doesn't excel at anything. I'd rather have several rifles that are well-suited to particular purposes than one rifle that's 'okay' for anything. Boooooooring. The only thing I'd own in .30-06 would be an old sporterized `03 Springfield. Same for the .357, though I do own a few that are destined to become something more useful. Way too much bark for its bite, I'll take a moderately loaded big bore that will give me more gusto on target without making my ears bleed. An older S&W 27 is about the only .357 that would interest me.

Others because they are cheap like Heritage, High Point and Henry (all H's???).

More because they are silly marketing gimmicks like S&W X-frames, the long cylindered BFR's that chamber rifle cartridges, etc. Make my .500 a custom Ruger Bisley please.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:59 AM   #584
Warhawk83

After shooting several hundred rounds and only being able to get basketball sized groups at 7 yards.............S&W Sigma .40.

Before criticizing my technique, the same day as the basketball sized group at 7 yards,I was shooting 5'' groups at 25 yards with a Glock 27.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:07 PM   #585
fireside44

I will never buy a new S&W. Over priced MIM junk from a company living on a once fantastic reputation for quality. Let's not forget their history of cooperation with anti gunners.

Sorry, but when you want close to a grand for a revolver, you have lost your validity as an option for 95% of the gun buying public.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:15 PM   #586
Ala Dan
Member in memoriam

Location: Home Of The First Capitol Of The Confederate States Of America
Can't comment, for the threat of being "banned" from THR; by a moderator~!

FWIW, I guess "The Freedom Of Speech" doesn't apply here~? Just wonder'in-

And, I sell firearms for a living- so I should be the first too know, RIGHT~?

Last edited by Ala Dan; May 9, 2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:26 PM   #587
skoro

What's your "never buy" gun?

Anything "tactical"

I'm way too old for the ninja stuff.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:54 PM   #588
Officers'Wife

Quote:
After reviewing all these pages there is just about every gun made on someone ****list.
Part of the condition of society, if God and John Browning designed a weapon and Jesus marketed it there would be someone, somewhere that would find fault with it.
they are tired of living!

If you need this message in another language, move to a country that speaks it.
Old May 9, 2010, 01:17 PM   #589
Kentucky_Rifleman

Quote:
if God and John Browning designed a weapon and Jesus marketed it
Wait... They aren't the same entity? I must be misunderstanding the holy trinity...

KR
Old May 9, 2010, 01:28 PM   #590
bulldog10

Angry bulldog10

Couple of months ago, bought a Kimber carry gun, 4" bbl. It was very pretty,
took it to the range and ran about 100 rounds, put it in the sock and went home. A little later got it out to clean and couldn't believe my eyes. The passenger side of the frames dust cover was actually warped, it was aluminum of course, and the slide was stainless steel. I called Kimber and sent it to them. A couple of weeks later, they called me and suggested the damage was a round loaded too husky. asked if the mag blew out. I said, "certainly not and it wasn't caused by a too heavy load. Got a supervisor on the phone, she said the pistol was terribly fouled, which was B S. They would not stand behind it and wanted around $500.00 to repair it. I said send it back to me please!
To add insult to injury, her written comment was, "the gun was abused". So much for Kimber!! The ammo was Lake City.
Old May 9, 2010, 01:29 PM   #591
THe Dove

I will never buy another Red Rider BB Gun.... The one I got on my 7th birthday seems to work just fine! HAHA

The Dove
Old May 9, 2010, 03:22 PM   #592
The Lone Haranguer

Wink

No sub-12-ounce .357 Magnum revolvers.
Old May 9, 2010, 03:28 PM   #593
mcdonl

Any handgun over $500 or rifle over $750
Cry “Havoc,” and let slip the dogs of war.
Old May 9, 2010, 04:09 PM   #594
Lvl21nerd

i wont buy any firearm until i have researched the hell out of it

im a cautious person by nature, and i dont make a lot of money, so i really want to make sure im going to get my money's worth
Old May 9, 2010, 07:33 PM   #595
Steve 48

Jennings and Hi Point.
Old May 9, 2010, 07:40 PM   #596
DeepSouth

Glock
Old May 9, 2010, 07:55 PM   #597
devildog32713

Springfield XD, .500 S&W
“The root of our failure to deal with violence lies in our refusal to face up to it. We deny our fascination with the dark beauty of violence, and we condemn aggression and repress it rather than look at it squarely and try to understand and control it.”
-Bruno Bettelheim, Nazi Death Camp Survivor
Old May 9, 2010, 08:06 PM   #598
Searcher1970

Anything I cant afford
Old May 9, 2010, 08:11 PM   #599
AK kind of guy

I would never buy a Hi-point my brother had one and it jammed at least once per magazine
Old May 9, 2010, 08:15 PM   #600
RS14

Anything too small to handle reasonably. No NAA mini-revolvers or derringers for me.

Pistol-grip-only shotguns, for much the same reason.