Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 25 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old May 9, 2010, 09:45 PM   #601
L.E.O

wow i really didnt know Kel-tecs wereso disdaned i have shot one for years best little 9 for concealed carry IMO but to each his own
Old May 9, 2010, 10:00 PM   #602
Enachos

S&W semi-auto
Hi-Point
Single action revolvers
... and any .22, .25, .32 caliber mouse guns.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:01 PM   #603
Hatterasguy

There really isn't anything I would never buy, but their are a few guns I don't care for and don't see myself buying. Although things change maybe in the future my tastes will change.

I hate the FN 2000 looks like a blob of plastic goo. I don't care for wheel guns, especialy in big hard to control calibers. I have no interest or desire to purchase an AR.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:23 PM   #604
ScotZ

I love my Kel-Tec P-11. I also love my SIG 229 .40 and my Remington 700 30-06. My safe is full of SXS shotguns. I never realized how out of step I was with the "new breed" gun crowd.

The only guns I really have no use for are Jennings and Hi Points and such. Otherwise I love em all
Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil, that true love never dies. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in
Old May 9, 2010, 11:31 PM   #605
Flintknapper

You couldn't give me another Kel-Tec.

I'm serious.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:41 PM   #606
Buck Snort

B Yond wrote: "I read a report and several articles about a police officer who shot and killed a suspect after his hands were severely cut (we're talking to the bone), and he was barely able to pull the trigger. The perp was trying to get the rifle out of the officers cruiser at the time. That officer would be dead right now if he'd had to work a grip safety to make his weapon go boom."

For my money this is pure silly nonsense.

Last edited by Buck Snort; May 9, 2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Elucidation
Old May 9, 2010, 11:46 PM   #607
Buck Snort

Cliffy wrote: "Surely a .454 Casull rules the roost powerwise."

When I got to that point, Cliffy, I stopped reading your post. I own a couple of 454 Casulls but anybody who knows anything about big bore revolvers knows the S&W 460 and the S&W 500 have an edge over the 454 Casull in power, especially the latter.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:13 AM   #608
Buck Snort

Jax Novice wrote: "....if push came to shove and I had to pull one gun from my safe to save my life it most likely would be my Glock."

If push has already come to shove and your gun is locked up in your safe then just kiss yer backside goodbye!!
Old May 10, 2010, 12:17 AM   #609
kcmarine

Single shot break action shotguns... Chinese made copies, hm... what else...

Maybe Ruger rimfire pistols. Those things are overly complex and too hard to clean.

I'm sure I could think of more if pressed.

A well- regulated airsoft team, being necessary to the entertainment of the teenage state, the right of the pranksters to Keep and Bear paintball guns, shall not be infringed.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:27 AM   #610
dc.fireman

Glocks.
Smith & Wesson.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:27 AM   #611
Buck Snort

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT in VA View Post
Taurus Judge.

Just too ugly. Looks like a flare gun.
Well, I had to get all the way to post #169 to see somebody specify the Taurus Judge. Yeah, count me out on that ugly thing too, BUT, the biggest thing about it is that a 6" barrelled shotgun makes absolutely NO SENSE to me whatsoever. Even if I didn't live in the PRC and somebody wanted to GIVE me one, I'd politely decline and opt for a case of high quality scotch instead!!
Old May 10, 2010, 12:43 AM   #612
shockwave

A few weeks ago I was at a gun show, and you know how it is - you finally kind of glaze over and are just walking from table to table, hoping that something interesting will catch your eye: maybe a nice gun, a good knife, cheap ammo, etc.

So I'm going along like that and I come to this table, and there on the upper left is what has got to be the most gawd-awful, ugliest piece of hardware I've ever seen. It was an automatic, but brutally ugly, worse than a Glock - this thing actually hurt to look at it.

Hi Point.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:45 AM   #613
Rancho Relaxo

1911, all that fanfare and they are neither reasonably priced or reasonably reliable.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:57 AM   #614
Buck Snort

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude902 View Post
anything gold plated
Well, you just go right ahead and pass on them PBD, there are lots of New Orleans pimps that'll be glad to buy the ones you don't want!!
Old May 10, 2010, 01:10 AM   #615
Buck Snort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho Relaxo View Post
1911, they're fine and all but way too overpriced.
Para Ordinance makes an entry level 1911 that's $599 and I'd bet my next paycheck it'd serve me just as well in a gunfight as my $2600 Wilson Combat CQB (which I'll never use in a gunfight because the cops will confiscate it and I'll most likely never see it again!)
Old May 10, 2010, 01:54 AM   #616
jthevwman

Sig pro ,I love sig just not this gun
Old May 10, 2010, 02:42 AM   #617
Buck Snort

Craig C. wrote: "Everybody has their preferences and prejudices. I despise the .30-06. Everybody has one and that's enough for me. It's too in-between, it's 'okay' at many things but doesn't excel at anything."

EVERY dangerous game animal on the planet up to and including elephant and Cape Buffalo has been taken with the 30-06 at one time or another. That's not what I'd call an "in-between" kind of a gun.

Last edited by Buck Snort; May 10, 2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Elucidation
Old May 10, 2010, 02:58 AM   #618
Buck Snort

WELLLLLLLLLLLL!!! I've waded through 62 pages of this thread and NOBODY mentioned Freedom Arms single ACTION revolvers (although somebody did mention single shot revolvers in general). I own a couple of them in 454 Casull and while one has become a safe queen the other gets some action at the range from time to time (with a 45 LC cylinder mostly) and it is a jewel.

As for a gun I'd never buy, probably any handgun with less OOMPH than a 38 spec. I'll never buy another Wilson Combat 'cuz the one I have is a safe queen and on top of that $2600 for a 1911 really is a bit silly (yeah, I'm guilty!). BUT, I'd buy another Freedom Arms revolver if one really struck my fancy. Hey, this has been a really fun thread.

Thanks for head's up there Craig C., you ARE such a fine fellow!

Last edited by Buck Snort; May 12, 2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Elucidation
Old May 10, 2010, 03:19 AM   #619
akadave

Wow...some weird answers... Me...Taurus, just never thought they make a quality piece.
Old May 10, 2010, 03:33 AM   #620
thorazine

Anything that I cannot suppress (excluding rifles and shotguns).

-and-

Anything that has wood on it. =/
Old May 10, 2010, 05:28 AM   #621
Powerglide

no pink guns or colored guns.
Old May 10, 2010, 08:39 AM   #622
aka108

No Ruger, No Taurus, No Zinc and No Plastic.
Old May 10, 2010, 08:59 AM   #623
Carl N. Brown

I would object to "except maybe to turn around and sell to some dumb sucker" on a used gun; I have disassembled and deep-sixed two guns that I felt were so bad that I would not bet my life on them or keep to shoot for recreation or to hang on the wall, because if they are that bad, nobody should be stuck with them (plus I don't want the reputation of sticking suckers) ... and the biggest loser was: a Clerke First in .32 S&W that had been extensively shot with .32 ACP by a previous possessor.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:53 AM   #624
Haifisch

NO CZ's, NO HIGH POINT's, NO KEL TEC's.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:58 AM   #625
Quoheleth

FIE.
Been there, done that, won't do it again.

Jennings/Bryco
Friend had one. Shot it, thinking it can't be THAT bad. I was wrong. It IS that bad.

The T-Rex as seen in YouTube vids.
Don't have a chiropractor on retainer.

Q