Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 27 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old May 13, 2010, 09:44 PM   #651
orionengnr

Any Kel-Tec. Ever.
Been there, done that...four times.

That is enough.
Old May 13, 2010, 10:41 PM   #652
Patriotme

An AR pistol or AK pistol. If you want one then that's fine but I just don't see the use for them (at least for me).
Old May 14, 2010, 09:48 PM   #653
FLAvalanche

Because they're garbage...Taurus.
Because they're uncomfortable...Glock.
Because they're overpriced...Sig.
Old May 15, 2010, 01:06 AM   #654
blackwalnut

hey the government is trying to sign an agreement with the United Nations for another arms treaty that would or could effect the private ownership of firearms in the USA. They need total agreement from other countrys but some (I believe Russia ,China and some eastern European have not agreed probably cause they are selling us ammo and rifles). Check this on Rueters new service. Meanwhile in dodo land Cleveland the big news is that LeBron hasnt played well and the fans are upset!!!!
Old May 15, 2010, 03:15 AM   #655
ilikepancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwalnut View Post
hey the government is trying to sign an agreement with the United Nations for another arms treaty that would or could effect the private ownership of firearms in the USA.
Yeah I wouldn't buy that either.

Lots, but one I can't see myself owning is a desert eagle. Would like to shoot one sometime, but not going to pay for one.
Old May 15, 2010, 07:41 AM   #656
markshere2

Jernnings/bryco everything

Overpriced, badly engineered guns fit the category, so Any AR/15.

My hi-points are reliable and accurate and have a lifetime warranty, and cost less than $200 each.

My SKSs are dead nuts reliable and as accurate as I am. and don't have to be scoured after x many shots to be reliable.

My Colts and Rugers and Winchesters and Krags and mauser and mosin nagant and Taurii (Taureses?) all fill a niche.
Old May 15, 2010, 09:12 AM   #657
Marshall

.45ACP Luger #2. I"ll never buy it.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
Dwight Eisenhower

"We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists."
Patrick Henry

The Best Snowblower & Lawnmower Forum
Old May 15, 2010, 11:45 AM   #658
mec

Quote:
except maybe to turn around and sell to some dumb sucker for a nice profit?
My choice would not conform to the latter portion of your statement as nobody will pay over three hundred dollars for one. This being anything, anything at all made or customized by Gary! N! Reeder!!. I recall one that was put up for sale on one of the gunbroker boards, drew now bids, was given away as a door prize to a recipient who didn't want it and gave it to somebody else.
Old May 15, 2010, 03:17 PM   #659
Rambul

Single shot .12 gauge
Anything Chinese
Anything i cant shoot
Old May 15, 2010, 03:25 PM   #660
whalerman

I don't understand all the irrational hatred towards Glocks. Must be many posters haven't owned or shot them. There can be no other explanation. Somebody must have spread some rumors and some folks believe what they hear.
Old May 15, 2010, 03:38 PM   #661
Evergreen

Quote:
Smith and Wesson semi auto handguns.

Never again.

Dunno about the M&Ps honestly but my past experience with their autos was horrible.
Please reconsider, my S&W M&P 45 is a charm to shoot and is very reliable. I took a trianing course and fired over 600 rounds with the gun being bone dry. The gun had only a few FTFs and never a jam, despite being shot rigorously and having no lube. Not to mention, my gun was also a bit filthy. I love the ergonomics and the solid construction of my M&P 45. Smith & Wesson finally got semi autos right, when developing the M&P handgun. I think it is much better performance wise than the H&K, SIgs and Springfields. Accuracy wise, the gun also can hold its own against the HK and Sigs. I think it would outperform the Springfield XD's. I utterly hate Springfield XD. The old Sigmas were a mistake, but anyone who has shot both, will tell you that you cannot compare the two of them.

On that note, one gun I will never buy is the big clunky springfield Xd with its blocky grip, grip safety that I have failed to deactivate a few times due to its awkward shape. I just utterly hate this ugly and clunky gun. No thanks. However, the XDm series looks decent, I suppose.
Old May 15, 2010, 03:57 PM   #662
WardenWolf

Glock: no safety, underbuilt, and prone to catastrophic failure. Far too common, overrated, and over-produced. There's just too many strikes against Glock, and too many better handguns. And for those who would argue, I do not believe the Glock's trigger design should legally qualify as a safety. It is not one, as it will not protect against accidental or inadvertent pulling of the trigger, or a foreign object inside the trigger guard. Therefore it fails at the primary and original purpose of safeties. My dislike of Glocks is thus well-founded.

Autistic Gun Owner
Asperger's does NOT cause violence.
Old May 15, 2010, 03:59 PM   #663
rugerman

anything that cobray makes
Old May 15, 2010, 08:18 PM   #664
mcdonl

Quote:
Any Kel-Tec. Ever. Been there, done that...four times.
Hows that saying go? "Fool me once, shame on you...."

I love my P3AT!
Cry “Havoc,” and let slip the dogs of war.
Old May 15, 2010, 08:19 PM   #665
mcdonl

Quote:
Glock: no safety,
I thought there were three safety's in a glock?
Cry “Havoc,” and let slip the dogs of war.
Old May 15, 2010, 11:14 PM   #666
WardenWolf

The Glock's "safeties" are drop safeties. They're designed to prevent the gun from firing if dropped. There are, however, no safeties that disengage the trigger from the firing mechanism or otherwise prevent the gun from firing if the trigger is inadvertently pulled.

Autistic Gun Owner
Asperger's does NOT cause violence.
Old May 15, 2010, 11:48 PM   #667
martialartsblackbelt

lot of hate for the Glocks...
as far as safety goes depends on how you look at it.
you lose your small motor function under stress, ive seen more then one person fumble with safeties.

Safeties = time

ok, Jennings, bryco, derringer type
Old May 16, 2010, 12:07 AM   #668
danprkr

Bersa. Had one of their 380s once and it was the biggest POS I've ever owned firearms wise, and that's saying a lot.
Sure heaven sounds nice, but it ain't Texas!
Old May 16, 2010, 08:13 AM   #669
Boberama

Albini-Braendlin Fusil d'infanterie Mle1853/77. Don't ask.
Old May 16, 2010, 11:01 AM   #670
kingdomassassin

Ruger
Old May 16, 2010, 11:51 AM   #671
pabst_20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkface11 View Post
Remington 700
are you serious
Old May 16, 2010, 02:22 PM   #672
CraigC

Quote:
It is not one, as it will not protect against accidental or inadvertent pulling of the trigger, or a foreign object inside the trigger guard. Therefore it fails at the primary and original purpose of safeties. My dislike of Glocks is thus well-founded.
Then you must also have a "well founded dislike" of double action revolvers and DAO automatics???
Old May 16, 2010, 04:25 PM   #673
BamAlmighty

Glocks... and it has nothing to do with not having a manual safety.
Old May 16, 2010, 04:34 PM   #674
Toaster

My dad gave me a Bryco way back in the eighties. Jams, jams, and more jams. No way in this lifetime or any other that I'm going to pay money for one. i can't see myslef buying a Kel-tec. They're just ugly and stupid looking, and I've never heard anything positive about the quality of them. So much for the inexpensive ones.
At the other end of the spectrum, I'm not about to pay in excess of one thousand dollars for anything in 9mm or .45ACP. I can't justify spending that kind of dough for a hand gun.
Old May 16, 2010, 06:10 PM   #675
kentucky bucky

I think some people on here that like to trash well known guns just to be different so they can feel good about themselves. These types live for threads like this, and many probably have never even owned the guns they bash.

Last edited by kentucky bucky; May 16, 2010 at 06:15 PM.