Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 30 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old May 24, 2010, 02:31 PM   #726
Broken Anvil

Anything Ruger sells. I own five and four came out of the box and had to go back to the factory. Security Six wouldn't fire double action, Blackhawk wouldn't even turn the extra 45acp cylinder. M77V had a recall......after it shot a hole in my truck and the 22 auto went back too. And that Bill Ruger sellout still rubs my fur the wrong way. At least now that he's dead I can get 30 round factory mags for my mini 14, it's the only one of the bunch that runs right.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:26 AM   #727
LoneCoon

I'm done buying Taurus. I've owned three and none of them have ever worked properly. I've tried everything to keep them in top shape, and they still fail.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:45 AM   #728
kayak-man

Location: PAC-NW but I'm playing on the beach in Florida for a while
any 50 BMG that doesn't have "Have a nice day" engraved on the face of the muzzle brake because if I'm going to pay that much for a rifle, I want every extra I can get.

Taurus Raging Bull. I don't have anything against Taurus, but I think for a big revolver like that, I'd just rather have a Ruger Super Redhawk or a Swith and Wesson.

I probably wouldn't ever pick up a snubby chambered in anything that starts with a number larger than .45 and ends in magnum (sorry S&W 500 Magnum.)

No Desert Eagles, I don't think they are very practical. .45 is just fine for me, and don't need a really big gun, thats what my Hi-point is for. (Thats right, I have a Hi-Point, and I like. I'd even go so far as to say its one my very favorite guns.)

A shotgun with a whole heap of gold inlay and engravings. I have a shotgun. It's a plain Remington 870 pump gun. I like it. If I want a double barrel, I can pick up a sxs or over/under from Big5 for about $400. I don't like the idea of paying 2 grand for a shotgun.

Walther .380. I think they are very atractive guns, but I can pick up a Bursa Thunder .380 for less, or get a P64 or a Makarov and get that little bit extra power, or a Kel Tec 9mm....

For those of you that like those guns, hey, more power to ya.

And a quick thanks to all those who have a $2,000 dollar over/under and have let some kid on the skeet range put a few rounds through it.

Blessed be the lord, my strength, who trains my hands for war and my fingers to fight.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:51 AM   #729
gyvel

Hi-Point, Stallard, Jennings, Raven, Lorcin, Bryco, Jimenez, Phoenix Arms, RG, Spesco, Arminius, and anything else made out of Zamak.

Also, Charter, Taurus, Savage, Henry, Rossi, anything made in Turkey, and Llamas.

Old May 25, 2010, 11:11 PM   #730
mregunz

BAR NONE A REMINGTON MODEL710,715,770,if I was remington I'd commit suicide before I'd put my name on that piece of junk.Like one person said it's the best door stop rem. ever made I'am not even sure it's qualified for that job...
Old May 26, 2010, 12:34 AM   #731
Armedleprechaun

Any Hi point pistol or S&W Sigma.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:39 AM   #732
oasis618

I like em all...if the price is right, I'd give anything a try.
Old May 26, 2010, 05:03 PM   #733
winchester '97

Chiappa, complete POS. I wouldnt buy a high point but i would take one as a gift.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:08 PM   #734
ctbullseye

Currently it's a PUMA PPS 50 22Rifle, bought it 2 months ago NEW and the drum magazine immediately had to be returned for the new version, got it and it wouldn't shoot more than 5 rounds before it would FTF or FTE. It is currently at the service and repair in Nevada. When I get it back will determine if it stays on this list and if it does it goes on every other forum I can write about it on. So far I'm in for 40 bucks for shipping my new rifle and its drum magazine back for service on top of the 500 something I paid for it. Oh yes, I tried 4 types of ammo.
Old July 14, 2010, 10:26 PM   #735
bluemailman53

Anything by Taurus. Had 3 and one left to get rid of. If I buy a S&W, it's gotta be a revolver. If it's a Ruger, It has to be a SA revolver.
Old July 14, 2010, 10:59 PM   #736
rondog

Gee, there's just too many for me to list. Definitely have Rohn (Rohm?) at the top of the list though.
Old July 14, 2010, 11:29 PM   #737
Kman

just the overpriced ones,,,I'm not brand specific,,
Old July 15, 2010, 01:02 AM   #738
speaksoftly

Glocks until their designers get their heads out of their "you know whats" and fix the ridiculous ergonomics on the things. There's no reason to have such a solid, reliable pistil wasted on such bad design.
My favs: Sig P226r 40, Smith and Wesson M&P 40 5" Professional Series with TLR-2s, Smith and Wesson M&Pc .40 w/ Crimson Trace Grips, Mossberg 590A1 w/ Surefire Forend, Smith and Wesson MP15T w/ Eotech 557.AR223. I'd rather fight next to a man who uses his skill to compensate for his caliber instead of the other way around.
Old July 15, 2010, 01:12 AM   #739
dougw47

never again

Ruger Mini 14....or...Ruger #1 25-06
Old July 15, 2010, 01:02 PM   #740
skoro

What's your "never buy" gun?

Taurus/Rossi

I've never owned one, but family and friends have. Out of all of them, only a PT1911 has been trouble free. I think Taurus makes a lot of good guns. But they ship FAR too many defectives. And from what I've seen, the defectives continue to have problems plaguing them even after multiple returns.

No thank you.
Old July 15, 2010, 01:12 PM   #741
TxStorm

What's my "never buy" gun?

Anything I or others consider "collectibles" :

Rem-Rand, Singer etc. 1911's
Limited Editions
Commemoratives
Semi-rare to Rare models

If I can't use it when I want, how I want without fear of ruining something worth bunches, I just don't want it in my house. I don't do Safe Queens, if it looks like a weapon is headed in THAT direction it gets swapped out.

Other than that, Jennings or Raven types.. Hi-point isn't too terrible if it's all a fellow can afford.
Old July 15, 2010, 01:45 PM   #742
Renegadewolf

Hi points and Taurus
They gave a scrap of metal and fed it to a bull who then craped it out hence Taurus was born.
Old July 15, 2010, 01:49 PM   #743
HGUNHNTR

Springfield XD
Anything nickle or stainless
The usual suspects as well, Raven, Jennings, etc.

Then/Than--What/Which
These are not interchangeable.
Old July 15, 2010, 02:00 PM   #744
MinnMooney

"Kit" guns or any gun that I have to build before I can shoot it.
Old war guns - 'cause I'm not a collector
Old July 15, 2010, 02:06 PM   #745
stchman

Any gun that someone has "improved" over the stock gun.

My though is that if you don't like a particular gun, don't buy it!!!!

It amazes me that people will actually buy a new gun for what they think they can do to improve it!!!!!

There is a myriad of choices out there to try, so don't settle.
Old July 15, 2010, 02:20 PM   #746
Kingofthehill

Walther P22
Kimber of any kind
Old July 15, 2010, 05:46 PM   #747
alienbogey

Any Glock.
Old July 15, 2010, 05:51 PM   #748
Rawb77

I'll never buy a Glock.

Sorry Glock lovers. To me they're butt ugly. Nothing against their quality of shooting/reliability.
Old July 15, 2010, 06:44 PM   #749
jimmyraythomason

Quote:
It amazes me that people will actually buy a new gun for what they think they can do to improve it!!!!!
You've never adjusted a trigger or replaced factory sights or grips or added a sling?
Pet peeves;"If you don't carry your gun like I do you're irresponsible","if you don't use the lube,cleaner and preservative that I do...you don't know guns","if you don't agree with my favorite gun scribe/guru,you are obviously uninformed".....just to name a few.
Old July 15, 2010, 09:16 PM   #750
Bullnettles

Anyone ever dealt with a Lorcin? I'm not sure they were EVER worth a *****.