Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 5 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 5, 2008, 05:03 PM   #101
3rd Generation American

Rossi
Any snuby over a .357cal
Old October 5, 2008, 05:49 PM   #102
B yond

I'm a proud Ruger p345 owner. I love it. Interestingly, the Bersa Thunder 380 has the exact same grip angle as the Ruger p345. They both point shoot the same.

As for Glock...

I like Glock. I have bigger hands so I like the thicker grip. I also like height of the slide being so minimal. They're fun to shoot, and they don't kink my wrist at all. The downside is the lack of a real safety. I know there are several passive safeties, but that's just not enough for me to be comfortable carrying it. A Glock is a service pistol, and I won't buy a service pistol without a manual safety unless it's a single-action only that can be kept hammer-down.
Old October 5, 2008, 05:51 PM   #103
jcwit

Going over this listing its a wonder any of Mfg. stayes in business. Only ones I find missing are the custom guys, course they need the basic frame to start with. Wonder what the new guys start with? High priced custom?
Old October 5, 2008, 05:54 PM   #104
Ala Dan
Member in memoriam

Location: Home Of The First Capitol Of The Confederate States Of America
Simple

any Taurus products~!
Old October 5, 2008, 06:13 PM   #105
N1150X

Almost anything in 5.7x28mm I find it to be a totally worthless cartridge (.223 type wounding except it only penitrates 3-4'') It truly is an answer searching for a problem. I say almost because I would buy a bolt-action varmit/target rifle in that cal.
Old October 5, 2008, 06:21 PM   #106
rugerfreak

Just don't get why all the hate for certain action types.

A PROPERLY made SxS shotgun will be the sweetest handling gun you've ever touched. We ain't talkin Stoegers or Baikals here folks.

A pump shotgun is pretty much considered the ultimate HD weapon--affordable--reliable and effective.

My Marlin 336 and 39A are some of my most prized possesions.

I have most every action type out there except for a revolver--and there's a couple of those I want.

Why all the hate for some action types?
Old October 5, 2008, 08:41 PM   #107
d906670

Any 25cal or any Springfield xd ( they have had mine for over 1 year for warranty work, cracked slide)
Old October 5, 2008, 09:03 PM   #108
underwritingtech

Any Kimber in the Ultra line. My particular cross to bear has been an Ultra Raptor that has never worked right even after two trips back to Yonkers.
Old October 5, 2008, 09:11 PM   #109
Hk91-762mm

WOwww!!
I cant beleave the guns some of you would never own -!!
I love Polytecks-Norincos -Great collectors items -The first to be banned -and all mine shoot well!
Glocks =I love my mdl 22 ,never fails and accurate !
Ruger -My Redhawk staineless is my carry gun when hunting --AND Bill Is dead and the family no longer owns the co-they will soon release HI-CAP mags again.
S+W same thing they forced out the exc. who signed with Billy boy Klinton.
If there was gun Id never buy Id say a Parazzi or Beretta O/U,,, good guns ,, But I dont need a $3-4,000 gun to break 24 in a row -My win -101 works fine ,,
toss in jennings anything-!
Old October 5, 2008, 09:14 PM   #110
Dutchman01

Any ar based rifle. I think stoner and co are responsible for killing almost as many american servicemen as enemy combatants.
Old October 5, 2008, 09:15 PM   #111
ZeSpectre

Quote:
Another Taurus.
I'm in that club.

I'll also never buy a pistol bigger than a .357 Magnum or any high powered rifle with a steel butt plate.
Old October 5, 2008, 09:22 PM   #112
Crystal River Charlie

Any handgun that is not Colt or S&W.
Old October 6, 2008, 01:18 AM   #113
lloydkristmas

All of you who refuse to buy HK products because "they hate you" are really missing out. Every HK I've bought has cost less than a new Glock, and have run flawlessly. If you want to pass on a quality gun because you dont like their import policy then I guess its just more for me!
Old October 6, 2008, 01:25 AM   #114
QUICK_DRAW_McGRAW

funny i love my hi-points they have been more reliable and never a problem even with more then 6Krounds without a cleaning.

compared to my Rossi 461 6shop .357 snubbie that broke the firing pin about about 200 rounds. and that only included 2 full power .357mag defence loads. the rest where factory .38 loads.

reminds me i still need to ship it out to get it fixed, been only about 5 months lol.

or kimber, seen WAY to many at the ranges FTF, FTE, FTL's. they are total garbage. i would rather have a rock island 1911
Old October 6, 2008, 10:24 AM   #115
HGUNHNTR

Springfield XD's-ugly glock/sig/1911 abomination
any 1911-outdated design
Garands- big, heavy, clunky, low capacity, homely
Desert Eagles
Mosin Nagants-I don't need a POS just because its cheap.
Hi points
S&W Sigmas, actually any Smith other than the M&P
Stoeger anything

Then/Than--What/Which
These are not interchangeable.
Old October 6, 2008, 03:17 PM   #116
firemt04

Hi-Point and Bryco/Jennings. Have had both and have had nothing but trouble out of them. If I cant trust my life with a gun I dont need it.
Old October 6, 2008, 03:34 PM   #117
biggiesmalls

i would never buy a taurus. and if somebody gave me one for free i'd recycle it to be environmental friendly. and i don't even care about the environment much.
Old October 6, 2008, 04:07 PM   #118
Deanimator

Any Hi Point handgun.
Any S&W revolver with a lock.
Any firearm marked "RG" or "Rohm Gesellschaft".
Old October 6, 2008, 04:11 PM   #119
Deanimator

Quote:
A pump shotgun is pretty much considered the ultimate HD weapon--affordable--reliable and effective.
Depending upon circumstances. Mine make one about as useful as a longbow or a cavalry lance, pretty much worthless.
Old October 6, 2008, 04:15 PM   #120
ljnowell

Quote:
Look at the difference in rake angle. Granted you can find a Ruger with that same bad angle if you look hard enough, but I don't know if you can find a Glock with the good angle without incurring additional cost.
The point I was making is that these are all objective opinions. Some people like the feel of a glock, some dont.
Old October 6, 2008, 04:25 PM   #121
JImbothefiveth

Any Jennings, Lorcin, Davis
Old October 6, 2008, 04:37 PM   #122
USMC - Retired

Anything with a polymer frame
GeorgiaCarry.org Member
Old October 6, 2008, 05:39 PM   #123
dunnsguns

Glock nothing against the gun itself, but

1. Because of the the crowd that worships them (see punk kid behind every gun counter that has less range or field time than my 2 yr old daughters, but tells everyone that walks in the store that in his experience "the Glock is the best gun ever made."
2. they they are NOT expeptionally accurate or reliable regardless of the testimonies of they're congregation.
3. because they are the most uncomfortable handgun to shoot.

Welcome the onslaught. I do know there are those that use them and like them for good reason , but YOU ARE NOT THE MAJORITY

AK
See glock reason #1 only change the kid behind the counter to the know it all at the range (or roommate, or guy at work, guy at church etc.) with long hair and surplus army fatigues, that insist that he has put 100,000,000 rounds through his AK and "this is the first time it has ever misfired."
Old October 6, 2008, 05:45 PM   #124
jkingrph

Quote:
Anything made in China
Old October 7, 2008, 01:23 AM   #125
John Wayne

A bolt-action shotgun--I just don't see the point.

A "safe queen" -- maybe, right before I resort to burning C-notes to heat the house. I think it's a shame that some fine guns like older Colts and Smiths don't see regular use. (This is not counting antique firearms which are not safe to fire).

A Nambu 14.

Another Taurus revolver--never had an issue with their auto pistols though.

Any gun in a caliber which has been around less than ten years.