Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 51 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 29, 2011, 12:51 AM   #1251
Valkman

Ruger autos, S&W with the lock, anything Glock, anything "pimped" or gold-colored, Jennings, Lorcin, Raven, Taurus. Pretty much any cheap, badly made auto or revolver.
Old October 29, 2011, 01:54 PM   #1252
mack

Beretta 21A - owned one and will never own another.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. - KJV 2 Cor 3:17
Old October 29, 2011, 02:03 PM   #1253
theotherwaldo

I refuse to say that I will never acquire any particular item.

Every time I've done that, events have conspired to force that item upon me.
Old October 29, 2011, 02:04 PM   #1254
Dunkelheit

Everything build in PRC
Old October 29, 2011, 05:22 PM   #1255
rondog

ANY gun from Gunsmoke.....
Old October 29, 2011, 08:32 PM   #1256
Mike1234567

^^^ Okay... NOW you've done it. Draw you, (deleted)!!!!!
Old October 29, 2011, 09:25 PM   #1257
Oxide

So, I guess the above "wisdom" has collectively eliminated every gun, ever.
Old October 30, 2011, 02:39 PM   #1258
CutMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutMan View Post
I've read on the internet that all of the brands of firearms listed are awful and have tons of malfunctions and quality problems.

Accuracy International
Accu-Tek Firearms
American Derringer
American Western Arms
AMT
Anschütz
AR-7 Industries
Arcus
ArmaLite
Auto-Ordnance
Barrett Rifles
Benelli USA
Beretta
Bersa
Bond Arms
Browning
BUL Transmark
Bushmaster Firearms
Century International Arms
Cimarron Firearms Company
Colt
Crossman
CZ USA
Dakota Arms
Dan Wesson Firearms
Davide-Pedersoli
Domino FAS
Downsizer
DSA Inc.
Fabarm
Fabrique Nationale
Falco
Feinwerkbau GmbH
Ferlib
Franchi USA
Freedom Arms
Glock
Hammerli
Heritage Manufacturing
Herstal Group
High Standard Manufacturing Company
Hi-Point Firearms
Ithaca
Izhevsky Mehanichesky Zavod
Izhmash
Kahr Arms
Kalashnikov USA
Kel-Tec
Kimber
Kolar Arms
Kriegoff
Lazzeroni Arms
Laurona
Luciano Bosis
Magnum Research
Marlin Firearms
Mauser
McMillan Bros
Merkel
Military System Group
Moritz Zapf
Mr.40mm
North American Arms
Olympic Arms
Para-Ordnance
Perazzi
Peters-Stahl
Piotti F. Fratelli
Remington Arms
Robinson Armament Co.
Rossi USA
Ruger
Sako
Savage Arms
Searcy Rifles
Sharps Arms
Springfield Armory
Steyr Mannlicher
STI International
Stoeger Industries
Tanfoglio
Taurus USA
Thompson Center Arms
Thunder 5
Traditions Firearms
Uberti USA
Valkyrie Arms, Ltd.
Valtro USA
Vector Arms
Verney-Carron
Walther-USA
Weatherby
Wichita Arms
William Evans Gun and Rifle Makers
Wilson Combat
Winchester
Z-M Weapons
My list is now completely accurate.
H&K SR9T (1993), Rock River Custom .223 Mid-Length(2010), Sig P226 9mm (1991), Sig p226 9mm (1993), S&W M&P 340 .357 (2010), Colt Bisley .38/40 SAA (1897), GM M1 Carbine (1944), Mossberg 590 (with A1 trigger and M4 stock/grip, 1990)
Old October 30, 2011, 05:45 PM   #1259
jeepnik

Any AK design. They work fine, but just look clunky to me.
Old October 30, 2011, 06:23 PM   #1260
PlateStacker

Ruger P series Pistols
Taurus Auto Pistols
anything HiPoint
anything KelTec
Smith and Weson Sigma
Jenins/Raven/Lorcin/Cobra or equivalent garbage
Any type of tiny pocket/belly gun

- Pretty much anything I wouldn't trust my life with. Which is the only reason I carry firearms.

Last edited by PlateStacker; October 30, 2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old October 30, 2011, 06:55 PM   #1261
FlyinBryan

a glock or any other firearm without a safety.
(a trigger on the trigger is brilliant)

any smith and wesson semi auto handgun.
(my first one was enough)

another mini14
(if i want that kind of accuracy i'll buy an ak)

an ak
(if i want that kind of accuracy i'll buy a mini)

Winston Churchill: "if i were your husband i'd drink it"
Old October 30, 2011, 07:11 PM   #1262
screamingeagle

Anything remington. Have R1 1911 nothing but problems . Horible QC and CS
Old October 30, 2011, 09:28 PM   #1263
Mr.510

Glock
Old October 30, 2011, 09:58 PM   #1264
22lr

Anything Glock, Hi-point, Taurus or Kel-tec.
Old November 1, 2011, 12:39 AM   #1265
helitack32f1

Anything HK or Sig.
Old November 1, 2011, 01:27 AM   #1266
WinThePennant

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
Anything HK or Sig.
Why? Cost? If it's cost, then you should perhaps consider the SP2022. It's a $400 Sig with a lot of fans.
Old November 1, 2011, 01:35 AM   #1267
HDCamel

Anything boring or anything I deem too ugly to own

So...
90% of polymer handguns
95% of Double-action revolvers
99% of hunting rifles
Pure gimmicks (Judge)
Uni-taskers (single-shot target handguns)

You get the idea...
Old November 1, 2011, 01:39 AM   #1268
Bobson

Not necessarily because I've had bad experiences or heard negative things about them, but I sincerely doubt I'll ever buy anything by Hi-Point, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Walther, Bersa, Kahr, or Century.

I love firearms, but even if I someday end up with disposable income on a level I can't even fathom, I'll probably never own more than 6 or 7 firearms. Those that I do will almost certainly be Colt, S&W, Bushmaster, Ruger, Glock, Arsenal, and/or Remington (assuming they clean up their QC - I can't imagine a company with that much history will just let things go by the wayside forever).

I mean, with Remington... it's to the point that you hear horror stories about some of their newer production 700s. Arguably the most popular line of bolt-action rifles in existence (or one of the most popular lines, at least) just going to crap? They've got to fix things sooner or later, I'd imagine, or the company's gonna tank.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

It is fine to be a man of few words, but considerably less desirable to be a man of few thoughts.

Last edited by Bobson; November 1, 2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old November 1, 2011, 05:22 AM   #1269
iLikeOldgunsIlikeNewGuns

I'll read through the thread, but my quick reply is:

anything made by Jennings, Jiminez, or Bryco!

Old November 1, 2011, 05:59 AM   #1270
AK_Maine_iac

I have only had two i hated. It was a Winchester pump action 12ga. I swear the barrel had to be bent. You could not hit a barn wall from inside of the barn at 10 yards. The other was a Hi-point that was given to me to keep in my tackle box. It was my back-up boat anchor. Never did fire it. Just kept it there as a joke. It was so fugly it would scare anything or person away. (laughing)
One mans junk may be another mans treasure.

I like guns. I have everything from wall hanging mantel pieces to.....well you got the picture.

By the way my brother now has the Hi-point mounted inside a thick block of plexy glass as a paper weight.
Old November 1, 2011, 09:51 AM   #1271
gathert

I know a guy who actually got a bent shotgun barrel from the factory on his trap gun. So it can happen. He was dumfounded as to why he couldn't hit anything until he shot at something solid and the POI was a few feet to the left at trap range.
Warning: Objects in scope may be closer than they appear.
Old November 1, 2011, 01:44 PM   #1272
boatme99

Jennings, Lorcin, Raven, Taurus.
4 that will never enter my home.
Old November 18, 2011, 04:22 PM   #1273
jblackfish

Diamondback 380. Diamondback replaced the 1st piece of junk with a brand new piece of junk. Neither one ever cycled farther that 2 1/2 magazines with a LOT of different (and fairly pricey) ammo. I'm not a small person and limp-wristing wasn't involved. Too bad too because it was an accurate little gun - it just wouldn't run.
Old November 18, 2011, 05:15 PM   #1274
horsemen61

never buy gun

a jimenz gun
Old November 18, 2011, 10:00 PM   #1275
Skunk Pilot

These are just my personal tastes. Now if I got a very, very good price on most of the ones below (except NEOS and Sigma) and had the extra cash I’d buy it to try it out for a while and then sell it (over .45 handguns maybe shoot 1-2 rounds and be done though, have very bad neck and hands). From what I’ve owned, shot myself or read enough on multiple gun forums (I read a lot on handguns and some on AR’s).
My favorite LGS has a yearly representative gun shoot that I’ve been going to for a while. I try to shoot at least 3 guns each time I go, if I could put in 5-8 hours I’d shoot 8-11 new guns or so each time. It’s the reason I sold my XDM for the M&P9L which I love.

Never Ever Buy, No Matter the Price:

Lorcin, Bryco, Raven, Davis, Jennings… I don’t have enough money or time to deal with these kind of guns.

Berreta Neos and the S&W Sigma Series.

S&W Internal Lock Revolvers _ Never take the chance and wouldn’t want to turn a profit on it in case someone at some point would use it for self defense.

No Chinese Or Turkey Made Guns.

Sig Mosquito (Jam-O-Matic) and too damn small even for my small hands, Walther P22 (Jams) and I don’t want to use expensive 22lr ammo, what’s the point.

------------------------------------

Never "plan" on buying, but if I could buy it and 95% sure I could sell it within 1-2 weeks for at least $75 more than I paid then, (if the gun is under $600), over that don’t know really (my price would still be under others for sale and it would sell fast):

Any 22lr revolver, have my dad’s and plan on selling eventually, see no need for it.

I wouldn’t buy another Springfield XDM again, but fit my hand better than my G23. Bore Axis is too high. Just better guns out there, but it still is a good gun, just not for me. It worked good while I had it, except when I bought the very cheap Russian ammo that got stuck (not guns fault, it was warped).

For sure I wouldn’t buy a XD, if I’m going to buy one it would be the XDM and then resell it.

I don’t ever see myself buying a .40 caliber handgun again (snappiness). I really wouldn't want to own anything bigger than a 9mm in a handgun.

Don’t see need for any handgun in .25 or .380, don’t see the need when you have 9mm.
Very rare calibers in rifles because of price.

No .454, .50 cal type handguns, too much kick. I think they have a purpose for places in Alaska and such though.

Single Shots _ makes no sense when you have other options.

Over Under Shotguns _ I’d rather have a semi-auto or a pump shotgun.

Bolt action shot guns _ I’d rather have a semi-auto or a pump shotgun, why are they even made.

Berreta 92FS (friend has one and I liked my Glock with 3.5lb trigger and XDM that I sold way better). It’s just too big of a grip.

Taurus and Kimber from what I’ve read on forums about them, not personal experience. I’m going to have to shoot one of them at the mfgr shooters show next April though because of this thread, just curious now.

Don’t think I’d buy a Glock in .45 after reading it should be beefed up a little bit more for that caliber. Glock’s 9mm guns are very reliable, so was my G23C (.40) too; just don’t like the grip angle. However did the Gander Mtn Pro V Sim 300 and shot very well with the full size G22, I just would of done better if they had the M&P as an option. Before I started I kept repositioning my hand, but once you went fake “hot” in the sims you forgot about it.
Why I got a Glock was because of it’s “worry-free trail/woods/dirt and sweat proof tool seems like a good idea”. Read the torture tests and high round counts, same for the M&P. I will say that Glock fanboys are kind of like Mac ones though, sometimes annoying, but I still like going on GlockTalk though.

All regular Sigs (not Sig Mosquito) I’ve handled through the years just don’t fit, too bulky. Main reason though, even though price higher than I’d like to spend when M&P is out there.

Anything DA/SA _ like consistency.

Nothing NFA.

Even if I had plenty of money; no AR’s over $1500 and no 1911’s over $1400 (thinking $1000 but good 9mm’s are hard to come by for cheap, shot some though, yes I said 9mm).

For a new gun, customer service has to be good, because you just never know if you’ll need to send it in. Maybe a company will turn around, but it’ll take me at least 2-3 years to believe it.

Like someone said around post 5xx, I won’t buy any firearm until I have researched the hell out of it. Took me a year to research the M&P, off and on of course taking notes. Then did the mfgr rep shooters show again this past April ’11 shooting the M&P9 full size and M&P9C again and I immediately put up my XDM9 for sale.

Like others have said, pick what is the most comfortable for you. Go to the range if you have to with a friend to save money on rentals. Or post in gun forums you'd like to shoot xx gun because your thinking of purchasing it. I'd let people shoot my Buckmark URX and M&P9L with Apex FSS.