Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 6 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 7, 2008, 07:39 AM   #126
SabbathWolf

Talking

Old October 7, 2008, 02:17 PM   #127
jhansman

Oh, that's easy: Glock.

Glock owners are the Mac users of the gun world. Head-over-heels in love with an overrated product.
Old October 7, 2008, 03:08 PM   #128
barry960

I wouldn't buy another Ramline 22 pistol, or the same pistol marked with 'Desert Eagle' on it. I liked the idea of a full 15 rnd capacity in a 22 target pistol, because hey, that was the standard capacity for most service auto pistols at the time of its conception, and such a small round...why not fit more into the grip? The thing was just too weakly made with too much plastic. I sent it back after it stopped working after maybe 100 rounds, and am sticking with my Browning Buckmark, although I could see adding additional 22 pistols to my collection some day.
Old October 7, 2008, 03:12 PM   #129
Bubbles

Anything AAC.

Anything KAC.

Anything S&W.

Anything Robar.

Anything Ruger.

Tank Vest - Molle Vest for Your Motorcycle Gas Tank
Old October 7, 2008, 03:16 PM   #130
OOOXOOO

I will never buy a gun without serial numbers. Other than that it's all fair game.

Oh yeah, I wont buy a gun that requires a truck to move and a crew to operate (only because I don't have enough friends to help me hook it up and play with it).

BTW I have owned a couple Tec-9's they aint that bad, as long as you don't require accuracy or dependability out of your weapon.
Old October 7, 2008, 08:41 PM   #131
SabbathWolf

Yep. If you tie a TEC-9 to a piece of rope and swing them like a morning star, you can really hurt people if ya have to.
Old October 7, 2008, 08:58 PM   #132
Radio

Anything made by Taurus.

Anything not in .45
Old October 7, 2008, 08:59 PM   #133
Defensory

The first three brands that come to mind:

Glock
Kel-Tec
Hi-Point
"When the Illinois State Police adopted the Smith & Wesson Model 39 semi-automatic in 1967, they were ahead of their time. They and other cops with revolvers of the period were hitting bad guys with about 25 percent of the bullets they fired in action. With the adoption of the 9mm auto, hit ratio skyrocketed to somewhere around 65 percent."

Massad Ayoob
The Gun Digest Book of Combat Handgunnery, 6th Edition
Old October 7, 2008, 10:17 PM   #134
JaxNovice

Quote:
I've found that a lot of my "never guns" lose that distinction the instant I find one for sale at a discount.
Man is that ever true. That is why I am the proud new owner of a PT1911.

I was never a big Glock fan and vowed never to get one. I have a bunch of high end pistols (Sigs, Hi Power maybe toss in a Kimber) but if push came to shove and I had to pull one gun from my safe to save my life it most likely would be my Glock. As ugly as it is and regardless of the fact it is polymer, the damn thing has never misfired on me and has gone bang every time I have pulled the trigger.
Old October 7, 2008, 10:53 PM   #135
moojpg2

I would buy any brand of gun for the right price.
Old October 7, 2008, 10:55 PM   #136
doc2rn

One word, Taurus.

C.S.S.= Can't Stand Stupid
Old October 8, 2008, 09:05 AM   #137
moooose102

boy, you guys are pretty scornful. i would take many, many of the guns you guys are slamming! not all, but lots of them! there are very few guns i would hate so much.
Old October 8, 2008, 09:59 AM   #138
GRB

Quote:
I'm curious about just the opposite. What would you never actually purchase, except maybe to turn around and sell to some dumb sucker for a nice profit?
I will never again by a RG.

As for buying something only to sell it to a sucker, I would never do that at all. That would be rather unethical.
Old October 8, 2008, 10:18 AM   #139
jackstinson

Quote:
I will never buy a gun without serial numbers.
Bummer.....that excludes some very fine old Mossberg rifles like my 42M(b) and 46M(b).

Me? I doubt I'd ever buy a Kimber....mostly because I am sick of reading about them on gunboards. Do you ever get so weary of reading the same drivel over and over that it completely turns you off a certain brand name? Not just guns, but most anything.
Old October 8, 2008, 12:32 PM   #140
Vaarok

I have to agree on "I'd buy anything for the right price"- I've repeatedly bought things I loathe because they were cheap enough I bounced them for a couple hundred bucks profit.

Now, paying retail? I will never buy to own a modern AR, a CETME, an M1A, a remchester hunting rifle with a synthetic stock and no iron sights, a modern muzzleloader, Mini-14 or -30, or a new production .45-70 levergun.
Old October 8, 2008, 01:39 PM   #141
subierex

Expensive firearms. Unfortunately, many/most are nowadays. Nothing against top quality firearms, but I think you can get good quality for lower prices.

Guns are tools. If my $350 handgun sends lead downrange the same as a $700 one, and does so reliably, why the more expensive one? Lots of other stuff to spend my cash on.
Old October 8, 2008, 05:10 PM   #142
98 Joes

Anything by Hi-Point.
Old October 8, 2008, 05:52 PM   #143
ronto

A semi-auto for self-defense.
Old October 8, 2008, 06:01 PM   #144
KI.W.

Gun made for belted or rimmed case. Lever action- or black powder gun.
Old October 8, 2008, 10:09 PM   #145
76shuvlinoff

never buy

For me it's bolt action rifles and 50 cal sidearms, not knocking any manufacturer I just don't like em.

I like to try everything else, not that I'd buy everything else.
The very same allegedly sensible people that try to get everyone to focus on mental health side of gun control are the very same people that freely use: "gun nuts", "gun crazies" and "gun fanatics" when cornered in a debate.
Old October 8, 2008, 10:55 PM   #146
frankcostanza

I've never been a fan of Glocks. I have nothing against them other than I dont like the look of them. Probably wouldnt buy a single shot break action rifle either. Again, nothing against them other than they just dont do much for me.

www.usgunowners.com
Old October 8, 2008, 10:57 PM   #147
the foot

That would be an overpriced gun. I refuse to pay more than a gun is worth.
Old October 9, 2008, 12:51 AM   #148
Crazy Fingers

1911s. Especially ridiculously expensive ones.
Old October 9, 2008, 01:55 AM   #149
Empress Penguin

*Sigh*

I have a SW Sigma. It was my first gun, I bought it because it was affordable and I was only looking for something that would sit in my nightstand and be good for one shot if I needed it. I never intended to be a gun chick, at all.

Since then, after practicing, I've grown to love firing for fun and I now refer to my Sigma as my toy gun. As my first, it still has a special spot in my heart and I'll probably always keep it for that reason. It fires well, so long as I keep it fed with the one specific brand of ammo that it likes and clean it frequently.

I would never again purchase a plastic gun after playing around with my boyfriend's more substantial carry arm, and I would never tell anyone to purchase a Sigma. I had to learn my lesson the hard way, and would like any friends of mine who are looking to purchase to learn from my mistake.
Old October 9, 2008, 03:53 PM   #150
Enginetech88

I guess Im just an over all gun nut and dont fit in here. I buy guns quite often. Some of very high quality and high dollar amounts. And others of no quality for a few bucks. Theres not a caliber, or brand that I would not buy. I wouldn't sell a single gun that I own unless it was worth a dollar and someone offered me a hundred for it. But thats not going to happen. lol I guess im an outsider.