Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 63 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old December 10, 2012, 07:41 PM   #1551
Flogger

ARMALITE AR-10S

Armalites are boat anchors, I bought my first one in the late 1990s and the disconnect broke on the first outing, Armalite fixed it then that same rifle developed blow-by at the gas block within 500rds and I got that fixed and quickly put it on consignment on a gunshop wall.

I recently had a buddy buy one despite my warnings(Internet Commandoes Told him To) and his upper is back at Armalite as we speak because the broken bolt is stuck in the barrel extension and the weapon cannot be repaired locally.

Despite all of the bad press the gun snobs put out I don't hear these same kind of horror stories about Remington/Bushmaster/DPMS 308 ARs.

I pray every Hajji and Violent Wingnut in the world falls in love with Armalite AR-10 Rifles!

Last edited by Flogger; December 10, 2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typos
Old December 10, 2012, 07:45 PM   #1552
Esoxchaser

Quote:
What's your "never buy" gun?
A poly hand gun. Any poly hand gun. They offend my sense of aesthetics. They offend my sense of history. But I have synthetic stocked shotguns and rifles.
No one said emotional decisions were logical ones.
Old December 11, 2012, 02:18 PM   #1553
45lcshooter

Hi point pistol. Had one, made better paper weight, or just throw at intruder.
Old January 1, 2013, 10:08 AM   #1554
RolandTheHeadlessGunner.

My S&W Sigma. All around piece of s*it. Bought it for $50. Almost worth the price.
Old January 1, 2013, 10:05 PM   #1555
Sandshooter

There are no bad guns! There are crazy people that get their hands on them and do horrible things, but it's better than fighting back with a rock or a hammer.
Old January 1, 2013, 10:45 PM   #1556
colorado_handgunner

Any Diamond Back pistol. Had one and it could not even feed a full mag without malfunctioning.

Another Ruger LC anything.
Old January 1, 2013, 11:25 PM   #1557
1-1 Banger

FN SCAR-L or the ACR. Overpriced garbage
Old January 2, 2013, 02:17 AM   #1558
Ignition Override

If it had already been chosen Before the panic, no gun or component which experiences a price bubble.
Old January 4, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1559
the_skunk

I just can't stand plastic guns. Give me a Browning HP, or 1911, with wood grips.

I took my polymer taurus to a ghetto and four brothers beat me up. They don't like honkies, or plastic guns. Then I went to the Mexican barrio, and they threw my taurus in a dumpster.
Old January 4, 2013, 03:19 PM   #1560
Eleanor416Rigby

I will never buy:

a firearm just for its looks over another one that functions as well.

People that hate the glock because it is "ugly" really confuse me. Is a handgun for showing off at the range and taking pictures of, or is it for protecting yourself and family in case of emergency?
Old January 4, 2013, 09:49 PM   #1561
barnbwt

A 1500$ base-model AR

"I just took an action to change the law"
--President Barack Obama on exceeding his authority, 11/25/2014
Now, how about we get the next guy to stop enforcing the NFA in its entirety? Precedent and all that...
Old January 5, 2013, 11:19 AM   #1562
sonick808

no buy ? no such thing in my book
Old January 5, 2013, 01:14 PM   #1563
goldie

hi point,jennings, tiny pocket pistols,derringers & similar tiny guns,& any similar low quality & useless firearms.Ban them, i wouldnt miss a beat....
Old January 5, 2013, 01:23 PM   #1564
Zardaia

Baring a loto jackpot, any .50bmg. No practical use and i wouldn't be able to afford much ammo anyway.
Old January 5, 2013, 05:24 PM   #1565
Kiln

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
hi point,jennings, tiny pocket pistols,derringers & similar tiny guns,& any similar low quality & useless firearms.Ban them, i wouldnt miss a beat....
This is the type of divide and conquer tactic that anti's use every day.

They'll say "Well we're not after your hunting rifle or pistol with legitimate sporting uses."

The problem is that they decide what is legitimate and what isn't. Your idea of a legitimate hunting rifle is probably in line with what anti gun people tried to ban years ago as "high powered sniper rifles".

As long as people exist who say, "go ahead and take theirs but don't touch mine" in the firearms community the restrictions will get worse.
Old January 5, 2013, 05:43 PM   #1566
Crashbox
Contributing Member

I'm not a real 1911 or AR-15 fan, although I can't really say I'd NEVER buy one if either were a last-resort type of purchase.
Old June 12, 2013, 07:42 AM   #1567
Kuyong_Chuin

H&K PSG-1 not because I dislike it but because new it cost more than some new cars and I can't afford ether. $30,000 will buy allot of guns for the price of that one gun.
Old June 12, 2013, 09:20 AM   #1568
CharlieDeltaJuliet

Any Glock. Never cared for them. I have shot many, but cannot grow to like them.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.” -Thomas Jefferson
Old June 12, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1569
Scrumbag

Remington 870s and 700s...
Old June 12, 2013, 10:45 AM   #1570
91/30

Anything with a Nazi proof mark.

A must read.
http://m.iowastatedaily.com/mobile/o...a4bcf887a.html
Old June 12, 2013, 05:05 PM   #1571
hariph creek

No;
Chinese,
Outsourced American owned,
Internal locks,
mag disconnect/safety,
Loaded chamber "flag,"
Uber-magnum (handgun/rifle),
Hi-Point/Jennings/Phoenix/etc...,
Governor/Judge,
scamdium/ouchtanium snub anything,
anything Nazi,
semi auto pistols with any controls on the slide,
nickel plated anything,
anything ZOMBIE,
tacticool in general,
AR platforms (barf),
and anything I can't afford!

Last edited by hariph creek; June 12, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old June 12, 2013, 06:22 PM   #1572
brainwake

biggest hater thread ever....LOL...just had to skip to the end and post something.

I guess If I am going to put something out there......it's a Taurus Millennium Pro Titanium

I had light strikes...sent it back...light strikes....sold at a gun show.....

It was my first gun and probably my last Taurus....although they may make something one day....but I have little confidence....
Old June 12, 2013, 06:36 PM   #1573
Sniper66

The butt-ugliest gun of all time, the Nylon 66, otherwise known as a plastic 22. Can't believe it is actually a collector's item. That's like the skid mark on a gun owners underwear; we all got 'em, but we don't show 'em off.
Old June 12, 2013, 06:43 PM   #1574
silicosys4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91/30 View Post
Anything with a Nazi proof mark.
Interesting.
I have an old PPK I picked up from a pawn shop,
Thought I was ok, no proof marks like that, etc...
Well, wouldn't you know it...
They didn't mark the SS PPK's with any nazi proofs. The telling is in the serial numbers and location of said numbers.
Come to find out I now own a genuine variation 6 WW2 SS ppk.
Don't quiet know how I feel about that, since I'm of Polish descent and have family that were murdered in Europe during that period. Guns are just tools though. Apparently its worth some money, even without the original grips and no magazine.

I don't know that there are any guns that I say I'd never buy, hell...after shooting my brother in laws hipoint, I kind of want one now.
Heck, I would love to shoot that WW2 Japanese pistol that had the exposed sear, I believe...the one that would go off if touched wrong.
I'd own just about any gun as long as it wasn't illegal for me to own, and wasn't dangerous to shoot.

Last edited by silicosys4; June 12, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old June 12, 2013, 07:16 PM   #1575
Bio-Chem

Glocks, just too damn ugly.