Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 64 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 12, 2013, 07:41 PM   #1576
BigG

Ruger.
Old June 12, 2013, 08:11 PM   #1577
Grassman

I will never buy a gun I can't afford.
Old June 12, 2013, 08:15 PM   #1578
TennJed

What's your "never buy" gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
hi point,jennings, tiny pocket pistols,derringers & similar tiny guns,& any similar low quality & useless firearms.Ban them, i wouldnt miss a beat....
I personally love collecting small guns. When they decide to ban the ones you like, please don't ask to borrow one of mine. Hate for you to have to resort to a useless gun just because they banned yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassman View Post
I will never buy a gun I can't afford.
:lol: great answer
Old June 12, 2013, 08:28 PM   #1579
OleReb

Glock 21,i'm a huge Glock fan and own several but the 21 is not comfortable to me at all. I bought one a few years ago and sold it after a couple months,i tried to get used to it but its just not a good gun for me.
Old June 12, 2013, 08:38 PM   #1580
silicosys4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleReb View Post
Glock 21,i'm a huge Glock fan and own several but the 21 is not comfortable to me at all. I bought one a few years ago and sold it after a couple months,i tried to get used to it but its just not a good gun for me.
Oh yea....thanks for reminding me...I need to amend my earlier post, lol...

Bought a glock 21 off of the internet, when I picked it up from my FFL I knew as soon as I picked it up that It was not staying. I gave it away to my brother in law before I even shot it. Too big for my small hands, but dang it was accurate once we took it out.... Won't own another, just doesn't work for me.

Picked up a G19 a few weeks later, I like it more than I thought I was going to.
Old June 12, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1581
RetiredUSNChief

Glocks.

Because I think they're uglier than sin.

I grant that they're otherwise a top-notch pistol, with no real faults I can see in terms of operability, reliability, and accuracy.

I just won't buy one because I think they're coyote-ugly.

I'm the guy with a cannon, too: http://youtu.be/X6xhYELYVDw
Old June 12, 2013, 09:48 PM   #1582
MinnesotaFats

Taurus, Rossi, or any other gun that is "hit or miss" in quality.
Old June 12, 2013, 11:51 PM   #1583
JockeyShifter

I say no to Philippine and Brazilian guns. Just don't like the standards used there
Old June 12, 2013, 11:57 PM   #1584
zxcvbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by elChupacabra!
Another Taurus. Once is more than enough.
Yeah, me too.
Old June 13, 2013, 12:14 AM   #1585
Chuck53

Old school wood stock single shot 12 and 20 gauge shotguns. Waaay more pain than they're worth.
Taurus ANYTHING.
S&W semi auto handguns, NOT because if their performance, just hate the triggers.
Hi-point and Jimenez goes IMO almost without mentioning.
And honestly probably a few more I can't thing of right now, will add later if I think of them!
Old June 13, 2013, 12:26 AM   #1586
Barry the Bear

Every model of glocks,high points, and dare I say 1911s that are not colts
Old June 13, 2013, 12:31 AM   #1587
Agsalaska

First I must say I own both of the guns I am about to mention. I own both a Bushmaster AR-15 and a Norinco AK-47.

Modern Sporting rifles. What the libs like to call 'assault rifles' I just have absolutely no interest in them whatsoever. They do absolutely nothing for me. In fact my AR-15 is not even put together. Give me a Weatherby or a Winchester any day. Or, better yet, give me a 10/22 or 121 The Fieldmaster. I just don't get the thrill of them. I would much rather go to the field with a lever action Marlin or an older Weatherby.
Old June 13, 2013, 01:00 AM   #1588
stompah

Any recent manufacture blinged out gun in a 'presentation box', plus they are almost always in .22lr.
Old June 13, 2013, 01:04 AM   #1589
Agsalaska

The fact that it is in 22lr is its only redeeming quality.
Old June 13, 2013, 01:12 AM   #1590
vamo

I don't have a "never buy" as long as the price as right anyway. 50 bucks for a high point would be worth it, the 200 they usually ask not so much; especially with the value to be had in the 300 neighborhood.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

-C.S. Lewis
Old June 13, 2013, 01:32 AM   #1591
Murphy4570

Flimsy and crappy quality guns come to mind. I like simple and reliably. Might be why I own a couple of Mosin Nagant rifles!

One gun I know I will NEVER want to purchase is actually American made: The MAC-10 and MAC-11.
Old June 13, 2013, 03:17 AM   #1592
Newcatwalt

Any Glock....
Old June 13, 2013, 08:20 AM   #1593
Capt Quahog

~ SIG Sour pistols

~ Anything made by "Armi San Marco"

~ Universal M1 Carbine

~ Franchi LAW-12 / SPA-12 shotgun

~ Any firearm made by the French

~ All Commemorative COLT revolvers and automatics

~ Recently produced Marlin 336, M1894, etc.

~ Any firearm labeled Harrington & Richardson from the 1970s onward.

There's more . . . but I need to go get some fresh coffee.
Old June 13, 2013, 02:15 PM   #1594
HKGuns

Why gLoCk of course.
Old June 13, 2013, 02:22 PM   #1595
charlie fox

Any revolver that shoots .410...the answer to a question that was never, NEVER asked.
Old June 13, 2013, 02:44 PM   #1596
skydive25

Glocks. Why pay the extra $$ for the name ? My SR9 chews up Federal 9BPLE with no problems.......
Old June 13, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1597
Armymutt

Ruger - I hold grudges.
Old June 13, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1598
TennJed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armymutt View Post
Ruger - I hold grudges.
More for me
Old June 13, 2013, 10:41 PM   #1599
Cee Zee

Why people start these grudge match threads is beyond me. Maybe the best pistol I own is a Taurus for example. It's never failed to do anything it's supposed to do through many thousands of rounds. It's super accurate and it holds way more rounds than would seem possible for it's size. And it has a lifetime warranty. What more could anyone possibly want in a pistol? Remember I have a Sig P220, a XDm, and a S&W 629 not to mention a Taurus LCP. I like the Taurus better than any of them.

I would never buy a 10/22. There are just too many people hurling heaps of hype on it. It's not the "best firearm ever made" as some would have us think.

That should stoke the flames real well around here. Oh goody. What fun.

UPDATE:
OK you'll notice I was brain dead in my post and called an LCP a Taurus. It's a Ruger and a fine one at that. Ruger actually makes fine weapons. I just don't think a 10/22 is the best weapon ever made and too many people do. Anyway - ooops! That's a Ruger LCP I have.

Last edited by Cee Zee; June 14, 2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old June 13, 2013, 10:47 PM   #1600
fanchisimo

Quote:
Any Glock. Never cared for them. I have shot many, but cannot grow to like them.
My feelings exactly. They make a fine pistol, just not for me.

“There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet an enemy.” -George Washington