Quantcast
Do You Hunt on a NWR? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Shooting Activities and Venues > Hunting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 15, 2015, 11:50 AM   #1
Patocazador

Do You Hunt on a NWR?

The USFWS is proposing expanding hunting opportunities on a bunch of NW refuges throughout the country IF they get enough positive comments.

http://goodhunt.blogs.theledger.com/...st-marks-nwrs/

The anti's will be generating objections as they always do. Help yourself out and fill out a comment in favor of hunting and fishing expansions at:

http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketD...NWRS-2015-0029

When I commented yesterday, there were only 2 favorable comments (mine included). This is part of the first comment made by an anti: "THIS AGENCY CONTINUES ON EXPANDING HUNTING AND TRAPPING AND KILLING TO ALL NWR WHICH ARE MISNAMED REFUGES. THEY ARE ANYTHING BUT REFUGES WHEN SO MANY ANIMAL SPECIES ARE BRUTALLY TORTURED, WOUNDED AND KILLED IN THESE NATIONAL SITES. THIS AGENCY NEGLECTS THE PUBLIC TRUST WILDLIFE PROTECTION ACT ENTIRELY AND IGNORES THAT LAW, JUST LIKE OBAMA IGNORING IMMIGRATION LAWS. THIS AGENCY IGNORES LAWS TOO.L THIS AGENCY BLACBALLS ALL ANIMAL PROTECTION GROUPS. IT NEVER OUTREACHES TO ANY OF THEM."

The deadline for comments is July 13, 2015.

Bob
Old June 17, 2015, 11:10 PM   #2
d2wing

Thanks, commented.
Old June 18, 2015, 03:43 PM   #3
MCgunner

Location: The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
Nothing in Texas, but there are refuges here open to waterfowl and I've taken advantage of 'em in the past.
Old June 22, 2015, 02:31 AM   #4
caribou

Noorvik AK , where I live, is surrounded by the Selawik National Wildlife Refuge, and Ive no complaints about it a bit
Old June 26, 2015, 02:30 AM   #5
midland man

yes I hunt fort Wachita area over on 199 just outside of little city Oklahoma! been hunting it for years.
Old June 26, 2015, 08:23 PM   #6
gbran

I live near NWR areas. I'd love to hunt them.
Old June 28, 2015, 11:12 PM   #7
MCgunner

Location: The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
I bow hunted Aransas refuge in 1974 before the thermocell was invented. I think I lost 2 quarts of blood in 2 days. You have to wear a mask to keep from breathing the little toots. Hard to bow hunt when you're constantly slapping yourself.
Old June 29, 2015, 09:17 AM   #8
Patocazador

Quote:
Originally Posted by midland man View Post
yes I hunt fort Wachita area over on 199 just outside of little city Oklahoma! been hunting it for years.
"I live near NWR areas. I'd love to hunt them."

"I bow hunted Aransas refuge in 1974 before the thermocell was invented. I think I lost 2 quarts of blood in 2 days."

Then hit the link and tell them so. It may lead to more and better hunts for you in the future.

Bob
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #9
Joemyxplyx

OK I commented, mentioning Merritt Island specifically.
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #10
jamesinalaska

Thanks for the link. I will send a positive note in favor of expanded hunting regulations into these areas.