Quantcast
Pesky skeeters - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Shooting Activities and Venues > Hunting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 19, 2014, 05:31 PM   #1
351 WINCHESTER

Pesky skeeters

I'm looking for an alternative to DEET containing products to keep these pesky skeeters at bay. I'm open to all comments as this is a really bad year for fl.
Old October 19, 2014, 06:21 PM   #2
scallop

Get a ThermaCell. They work great.
And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, and on every fowl of the air, on all that moves on the earth, and on all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Genesis 9:2
Old October 19, 2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Flintknapper

^^^^^^^^^^+1 Thermacell
Old October 19, 2014, 08:19 PM   #4
cliffjr

Thermacell works great
Old October 20, 2014, 12:55 AM   #5
Field Tester

http://beermumbo.com/a-simple-mosqui...-bakers-yeast/

I've always wanted to give this a try. Every video I've seen with this being used has been shown to be extremely successful.
Old October 20, 2014, 01:12 AM   #6
Lennyjoe

I have one of those old Bugtamer suites that still works good.
Old October 20, 2014, 11:38 AM   #7
MCgunner

Location: The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
Thermacell. Don't hit the woods without it.
Old October 20, 2014, 11:49 AM   #8
Citadel99

After another thread started earlier in the month, I picked up a Thermacell. Worked like a charm. My father in law has a ranch with a TON of mosquitos and I let him borrow it to see how it works out there...

Mark
Old October 20, 2014, 12:32 PM   #9
anothernewb

Thermacell is one of the few "electronic" devices that is not on the "pack nazi" (me) boundary waters trip verboten electronics checklist.

we like to keep it "primitive" up there, as much as we can. it's about getting away from things, not dragging them along with you. But the thermacell works, and to boot it's physically less volume than packing along a bunch of chemical cans.
Old October 20, 2014, 09:44 PM   #10
ApacheCoTodd

Garlic heavy diet.

Works wonders for me. The attendant olive oil that usually gets liberally used with it doesn't seem to hurt either.
Old October 20, 2014, 09:47 PM   #11
hiker53

load up on some raw garlic the nite before...not only will people keep their distance but bugs as well !! plus you get a extra shot of energy..........
Old October 20, 2014, 09:49 PM   #12
hiker53

whats the odds on that happing !! two posts on garlic --dam near the same time...he must have posted his as i was writing mine............