Quantcast
Negative Remarks on Hunting Comments - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Shooting Activities and Venues > Hunting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Closed Thread

Old July 9, 2015, 04:36 PM   #1
sage5907

Negative Remarks on Hunting Comments

I recently read a thread where two TheHighRoad members were involved in an unfriendly exchange that was less than flattering to both members. TheHighRoad is a high quality forum and this doesn't happen very often. The incident shows that some people have little respect for others and have a lack of ability to deal with other people. I have two rules about this: If I form a negative opinion of a member I will not read a thread that they originate. If this member posts to a thread I will not follow them and post to that same thread. Any comments would be appreciated.
Old July 9, 2015, 05:04 PM   #2
buck460XVR

We all have opinions, testosterone and egos. Many times we only believe what we ourselves have experienced. One thing I have found when it comes to hunting, is that strange things happen and everyone get's lucky once in a while. But strange and lucky is not what we should strive for.

Theiyr're...........take that Grammar Nazis!
Old July 9, 2015, 05:21 PM   #3
matrem
Contributing Member

Had that conversation taken place in person, say, at a local gun shop or a common parking area of a hunting spot, I'd bet it would have been a friendly, or at least a civil one.
Internet does seem to do that to some.
Old July 9, 2015, 05:50 PM   #4
ZeroJunk

Misunderstanding about what actually happened mostly. Much ado about nothing.
Old July 9, 2015, 05:55 PM   #5
X-Rap

We all have a base of knowledge that is the culmination of our life experiences, I know I have read some outrageous claims over the years and at the same time refrained from commenting on some of my own that seem almost unbelievable to me and I actually did it.
I guess sometimes it's better to think before one starts to pound away on the keyboard and ask if you'd believe it if it was coming from someone else.
Old July 9, 2015, 06:03 PM   #6
redneck2

Tap the little red triangle on the left side of each post. Let the moderators handle it. They can't watch everything all the time. They're unpaid volunteers.

But suppose somebody gets snippy. You tap the triangle, that all goes away in a hurry.
Old July 9, 2015, 07:10 PM   #7
Arizona_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck460XVR View Post
We all have opinions, testosterone and egos.
Testosterone encourages status seeking behavior which in most controlled human studies of real people (as opposed to lab rats, prison inmates, etc.) makes people more cooperative and generous.

Ego is a different story.

Mike
Recoil is all fun and games until someone detaches a retina.
Old July 9, 2015, 09:22 PM   #8
Art Eatman
Administrator

No disagreement from me, but this likely is not really worth pursuing, okay?