Quantcast
The first American-made Kalashnikovs are now for sale - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Rifle Country

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 1, 2015, 02:10 AM   #1
Midwest

The first American-made Kalashnikovs are now for sale

The first American-made Kalashnikovs are now for sale

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet. If it has...., then delete, move or lock accordingly. The U.S. made Kalashnikov AK-47 is now for sale. No price has been mentioned. They will be available at a number of retail outlets.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/30/news...lashnikov-usa/

" Kalashnikov USA announced on Tuesday that it is now selling AK-47 assault rifles and shotguns that have been manufactured at a U.S. factory.

The Kalashnikov USA web site provides a menu of two rifles and two shotguns, all semiautomatics. One of the rifles features a curved, banana-style high-capacity magazine with 30 rounds. "

Looking for "ghost guns" which shoot "heat seeking bullets that cook animals" with "more thrusts per squeeze" using "magazines that can only be used once" featuring "the shoulder thing that goes up" and "assault weapons that can be bought at a store without a NICS check".
Old July 1, 2015, 03:00 AM   #2
VoodooMountain

That excerpt was clearly not written by somebody who is familiar with these guys.aside from that, I'm happy to see it happen hopefully they are well made.
Old July 1, 2015, 06:55 AM   #3
Midwest

I wonder what the price will be.
Looking for "ghost guns" which shoot "heat seeking bullets that cook animals" with "more thrusts per squeeze" using "magazines that can only be used once" featuring "the shoulder thing that goes up" and "assault weapons that can be bought at a store without a NICS check".
Old July 1, 2015, 08:00 AM   #4
DeepSouth
Contributing Member

I hope the quality is good, I've been saying I was going to buy another AK for a while. Hopefully they'll be quality guns.
Old July 1, 2015, 08:10 AM   #5
HOOfan_1

They were the importer for Kalashnikov Concern and I suppose by that have the right to use the name, but are they building these to the exact standards of the Izhmash made rifles? Do they have hammer forging machinery?
Old July 1, 2015, 08:15 AM   #6
briansmithwins

'For sale' and 'no price' are kinda mutually exclusive.

BSW
Old July 1, 2015, 01:51 PM   #7
TomJ

It's on Slickguns.com for $750
Old July 1, 2015, 02:20 PM   #8
HOOfan_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
It's on Slickguns.com for $750
what I see on Slickguns points to Classic Firearms. Classic Firearms page uses the model number US132Z and it uses the model number IZ132Z on the same page.

There is no mention of being US made, and it says manufacturer is Izhmash...so I am not even sure we can be certain that is the US made version.
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM   #9
TomJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOfan_1 View Post
what I see on Slickguns points to Classic Firearms. Classic Firearms page uses the model number US132Z and it uses the model number IZ132Z on the same page.

There is no mention of being US made, and it says manufacturer is Izhmash...so I am not even sure we can be certain that is the US made version.
I double checked, and it looks like you're correct. Sorry about the misinformation. I've been looking, and don't see it for sale yet, but will keep looking. It's definitely on my list.
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM   #10
1948CJ2A

A US made AK? Now that's just un-American...

Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM   #11
Captains1911

Poorly written article with links to misleading, poorly written anti-2nd amendment articles.
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #12
Swampman

Hasn't Century been claiming to sell 100% American made AK's for a couple of years now?
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM   #13
HOOfan_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampman View Post
Hasn't Century been claiming to sell 100% American made AK's for a couple of years now?
They have, and Palmetto State Armory has sold a 100% US made AK for a couple of months.

I think the thread title is saying, first American made guns with the name Kalashinkov on them.
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #14
Cal-gun Fan

Several different AK's have been made in the US for a long time. This 'Kalashnikov USA' has no connections with the actual Kalashnikov concern. Their rifles may be OK, but it's not hard to screw up an AK. I thought a lot of their rifles were still Saiga builds too.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #15
Swampman

Quote:
Originally posted by: HOOfan_1
I think the thread title is saying, first American made guns with the name Kalashinkov on them.
Is a "Kalashinkov" better than a "Kalashnikov"?

Honestly, once you've given away, sold or provided the tooling to make @ 100,000,000 of something, it's a little late to go all "copyright infringement" on other companies for using the design and tooling that YOU provided to them.

Tags
ak-47, usa made