Quantcast
VZ.58 Club: - Page 20 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Rifle Country

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 16, 2012, 09:41 PM   #476
Maverick223

Czechpoint is the only retailer that I know of.

Old March 16, 2012, 10:10 PM   #477
armoredman

Contact Czechpoint for both sales and installation of the side rails - they work like a charm.
For those that asked, Bonesteele is a good solid person/outfit, deal with confidence.
Bohemus, I wouldn't have believed it, that 9mm SA vz-58 is...well...gah. The word that follows is why? Oh well.
Oh, my bad, did I forget to post this new SA vz-58 picture here? oopsie...

http://czfirearms.us/ The original CZ Forum, new address.
Old March 16, 2012, 10:12 PM   #478
Maverick223

Nice addition, armoredman. How are you liking the new 5.56 variant?

Old March 17, 2012, 06:01 PM   #479
armoredman

..is fun...is LOTS of fun...

Old March 17, 2012, 06:18 PM   #480
Maverick223

I figured as much, good rifle (at least judging from my experience with the 7.62x39mm variant)...good chambering (and in your case: it just so happens that it accepts good quality/affordable/readily available magazines)...what's not to like?

Ready for the stupid question of the day...how is reliability and such?

Old March 17, 2012, 09:34 PM   #481
armoredman

I posted a detailed review with pictures in the rifle section. I had one failure to go in to battery with Brown Bear, a tap to the op handle fixed that, and a friend shooting it managed to stove pipe it. Yes, never seen an SA vz-58 every stovepipe - he did it. He claims it was because he was holding it very loosely and not correctly. It has about 200+ rounds through it at this time, factory and reload, and will have more as soon as I can.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=649053

Old March 17, 2012, 10:02 PM   #482
Maverick223

Hmm, very surprising. Hopefully it will handle brass cased ammo (handloads or otherwise) better.

P.S.: Thank you for the link to your review.

Old March 20, 2012, 11:29 AM   #483
navajo

First range trip with the Czech military muzzle break installed. Zero barrel flip.
What recoil ther was seems to be reduced.
Old March 21, 2012, 10:33 AM   #484
Maverick223

navajo, what about perceived noise and blast, as a result of adding the brake?

Old April 27, 2012, 05:58 AM   #485
Bohemus

New rail/spring cover has arrived:-)
Quallity is top notch, no machining marks, fist perfectly. It ads litle bit weight and looks less compact but its much better than forearm mounts or side rails. there is no need to "gunsmith" you rifle, but remove the original cover and put on the new one, tighten three screws and one nut. On the bad side i have to admit it costs more that the actual rifle:-D
Approved to use by ACR.

More news:
After .22lr adapter, there is selfloading small bore rifle
And less usefull variant: .50AE , this is just custom, not serial product.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020197W.jpg (164.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg P1020205W.jpg (95.0 KB, 53 views)
Old April 27, 2012, 01:58 PM   #486
barnbwt

That cover looks great, Bohemus. I have wondered why no one seems to mount scopes there. Is there any reason it costs so much? That is, does it look particularly difficult to make? I've also thought a rail could be welded or riveted to the flat sides of the cover, for a slick offset mount.

TCB

Do anti's dream of defenseless sheep?
Old April 27, 2012, 02:45 PM   #487
Maverick223

Bohemus, wish we were able to acquire some of the neat goodies that you have available...especially that .22LR conversion kit.

Old April 27, 2012, 05:14 PM   #488
navajo

noise/blast

Bystander said it was pretty loud. Been told the blast during darkness is spectacular. Haven't fired it after dark yet.
Old April 28, 2012, 10:41 AM   #489
Maverick223

navajo, thanks for the info, that is mostly as I figured. FWIW I am talking about the pressure wave (which can unsettle your sinuses) when I talk about the blast.

Old April 28, 2012, 01:26 PM   #490
Ar180shooter

CSA VZ-58 11.8" SBR.
Old April 28, 2012, 02:06 PM   #491
Maverick223

Looks like a nice little rifle, Ar180shooter. I'd really like to find a front sight gas block and make mine into a shorty too.

Old April 28, 2012, 02:25 PM   #492
Bohemus

Ar180shooter: That Austrian flag woud better fit Steir AUG
barnbwt: Multiple reasons, Firstly, its made in low numbers to dissolve the cost of development and millitary tests. Secondly its produced in great quality by best Czech gunsmith. Moreover I compared the cost to the price of the rifle, in ČR you can buy three vz.58 (CZ858) for one CZ75. If you compare it to other rail systems, its on par with fancy ar/ar rails and cheaper than brugger&thomet anyway.
Old April 28, 2012, 02:38 PM   #493
Ar180shooter

Hehe... I have a bunch of old European flags up, so it wasn't a specific background that I chose.
Old April 28, 2012, 04:22 PM   #494
navajo

No noticeable pressure wave.

Firing an M-14 with a can, now thats a pressure wave.
Old May 10, 2012, 09:52 PM   #495
barnbwt

Ah, Nuts!

It looks like CzechPoint is fending off new orders until June 1st for their rifles (7.62 and 5.56) to catch up on their backlog. (looks like they're raising their rates a bit, too)

Just as I finally saved enough moolah to pony up for a wood-stocker

Oh, well, good things come to those who wait, I suppose...

TCB

Do anti's dream of defenseless sheep?
Old May 11, 2012, 02:06 PM   #496
Maverick223

I know it's little consolation when you're ready to buy, but that really isn't a terrible wait period. I've had to wait over a year (after placing the order) for at least one rifle. At any rate, I think most folks here would agree that it's worth the wait.

Old May 11, 2012, 06:27 PM   #497
Flashcube

I went the Century route for my "Vz.58" and have been very pleased with it's performance. Have run quite a bit of ammo through it so far and it hasn't hiccuped once in roughly ~1500 rounds. Seems accurate enough for busting clays and bowling pins. Hoping to really wring it out this summer with a case or two of cheap steel cased.

That Czech style brake is superb though, can rapid-fire and stay on target nearly as easily as my 5.45 AK....and all in a lighter package.

Neighbouring shooters have commented on it being loud, though.... oh well.

Old May 11, 2012, 07:36 PM   #498
armoredman

I will be doing something interesting soon - dismounting the AR magwell adapter from the 5.56mm vz-58, for two reasons.
1), to see if there is any noticeable wear on the adapter. Brownells magazines that were difficult to insert are now easy and simple to use, as the adapter "wears" in. That helps, considering I bought six of the dadgum things!
2), I want to see how it looks/functions with the stock 30 round .223 mags. Just a hint, these are the mags everyone has been looking for...

Things that make you go..hmmm....

I know I am growing a double chin...gotta work on that...

Old May 11, 2012, 08:19 PM   #499
Maverick223

While I have no current plans to purchase a 5.56 variant, I look forward to your review.

In somewhat related news, I still have plans to make a few 20s for the 7.62x39mm, just haven't found the time to get started (though things are looking up). I'll be sure to provide an update when they're ready.

Old May 11, 2012, 08:55 PM   #500
macadore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashcube View Post
I went the Century route for my "Vz.58" and have been very pleased with it's performance. Have run quite a bit of ammo through it so far and it hasn't hiccuped once in roughly ~1500 rounds. Seems accurate enough for busting clays and bowling pins. Hoping to really wring it out this summer with a case or two of cheap steel cased.

That Czech style brake is superb though, can rapid-fire and stay on target nearly as easily as my 5.45 AK....and all in a lighter package.

Neighbouring shooters have commented on it being loud, though.... oh well.

Did you just screw off the Century brake and screw on the CZ brake? Where did you get the brake?

Tim Tucker
http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/ar...A15_hGuns11047