Quantcast
Anyone know where I can find a '51 Uberti Navy w/ square triggerguard? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Blackpowder Shooting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 21, 2014, 02:07 AM   #1
goon

Anyone know where I can find a '51 Uberti Navy w/ square triggerguard?

So at one point in the not so distant past, I really liked the look of the '51 Navy with a square triggerguard. Uberti was making them at the time. Usually, I'm a .44 kind of guy, but the square triggerguard and serpentine curves on that Navy just looked awesome. I immediately wanted one.

I wasn't employed, so I couldn't buy one. Time passed. I was employed, then I wasn't again, then I was, then I wasn't again. Now I will be in a couple weeks, and a couple weeks after that I'll feel safe enough to maybe buy a percussion revolver to celebrate.

But the Navy with a square triggerguard is no longer produced. Anyone know of a black powder / reenactor / CAS retailer that might have one of these apparently poor sellers on a shelf collecting dust, forgotten, lonely, and in desperate need of being sold?

I could shop used and maybe I'll have to, but it hasn't been out of production that long...
"Ask yourself: If that was Denver, Col., if that was Texas, would those guys have been able to spend hours, days, shooting people randomly? What I'm saying is it makes police around the world question their views on gun control. It makes citizens question their views on gun control. You have to ask yourself, 'Is an armed citizenry more necessary now than it was in the past with an evolving threat of terrorism?' This is something that has to be discussed."

~ Interpol Secretary General Ronald Noble (commenting on the terrorist attack at Kenya's Westgate Mall)
Old November 21, 2014, 11:47 AM   #2
DoubleDeuce 1

Dixie Gun Works? That is something I have never even thought about, but it's a good question. Good luck.
Old November 21, 2014, 01:27 PM   #3
Tommygunn

Pietta makes them now too. You might try Cabela's. As said above Dixie Gun Works ought to carry the Uberti version.
Old November 21, 2014, 03:28 PM   #4
goon

I might have to check the Pietta version. Word is that the quality on them is a lot higher than it used to be. The Uberti version is still available everywhere with a round triggerguard, but the square one is discontinued.
"Ask yourself: If that was Denver, Col., if that was Texas, would those guys have been able to spend hours, days, shooting people randomly? What I'm saying is it makes police around the world question their views on gun control. It makes citizens question their views on gun control. You have to ask yourself, 'Is an armed citizenry more necessary now than it was in the past with an evolving threat of terrorism?' This is something that has to be discussed."

~ Interpol Secretary General Ronald Noble (commenting on the terrorist attack at Kenya's Westgate Mall)
Old November 21, 2014, 05:14 PM   #5
Fingers McGee

Last time I checked, only Buffalo Arms had 1851s with square back trigger guard listed - but none available.

Best bet would be Gun Broker. Good Luck. Seems only 2nd Gen & Sig Series Colt's have square back trigger guards now days.

FM

Last edited by Fingers McGee; November 21, 2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old November 21, 2014, 08:31 PM   #6
Tommygunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by goon View Post
I might have to check the Pietta version. Word is that the quality on them is a lot higher than it used to be. The Uberti version is still available everywhere with a round triggerguard, but the square one is discontinued.
I have the Pietta version and the quality on it is very good. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I'm surprised the Uberti sq.bk 1851 is no longer available. Darn!
Oh well .... such is life.
Old November 22, 2014, 06:59 PM   #7
Noz

I detest the square back trigger guard! Every one I have owned has caused blood to flow at each firing.
Old November 22, 2014, 07:53 PM   #8
Tommygunn

When you figure out which end of the tube the round comes out you will stop bleeding!

Just kidding.
Squarebacks may not be for everybody. I find them interesting.
Obviously though any gun that doesn't have room for your fingers to the point it bloodies them is not going to be loved -- in fact it could be dangerous.
Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM   #9
D. Buck Stopshere

Goon,

I have a LNIB Uberti 1851 Navy .36 squareback revolver that I was getting ready to photograph to put on Gunbroker in December. It was sold by Dixie Gun Works. The Uberti catalog number is RHO340. It will come with box & papers.

I'll try and post some photos here in next couple of days.
Old Yesterday, 03:14 AM   #10
goon

Mr. Stopshere - Please check your PM's. I'll be straight with you... I was looking for more of a "these guys have half a dozen on the shelf. They never sell anything!"

Because I'm not quite in a secure enough situation to buy yet. So if you're looking to sell tomorrow, I might not be your guy. I might have to wait for the next one to come along.

One thing I've learned with guns... there's almost always another one that will come along if I don't have the money to buy right then.