Quantcast
Cabela's Sale Alert - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Blackpowder Shooting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 26, 2015, 07:34 PM   #1
Ephraim Kibbey

Cabela's Sale Alert

There are lots of red discount price lines visible on BP guns!
Old March 26, 2015, 08:50 PM   #2
Malachi Leviticus Blue

Yeah, I saw the 20-Gauage Pedersoli Howdah for $499 and had a hard time convincing myself that I didn't need 2.

Unfortunately my conservative ego prevailed and I didn't order a second Howdah.........yet.
Old March 26, 2015, 09:01 PM   #3
Ephraim Kibbey

You get even more off of the cased Howdah.

And you know you need it!

I bought some flasks for accessorizing some cased sets I am working on.

Now I only need the revolvers, the cases, the molds and the wrenches.

If my wife can accessorize I see no reason why I can't!!!
Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM   #4
noelf2

I saw the howdah on sale as well. Keep talking myself out of getting one, although, I know I'd have fun with it. I'm just not keen on the engraving. Wish they didn't do that to it.
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #5
perldog007

I have two from the Big C. 1858's one with case hardened frame and nice grips for 237 and a standard blued with smooth grips for 219. the 1851 Pietta "Navy Yank Civilian" .36 with case hardened frame and brass grip frame is a beauty, I have one from dixie and unlike most, I dig the faint laser etching on the cylinder. Makes it look old and faded to me.... that's just

The non historic 1851 .44 in steel frame and standard and snubnose versions, the 1860, the 1858 in a few guises are all on sale and my personal favorite purist apoplexy creatorizer 9000 the Navy .44 'Sheriff' brass frame 1851 that was never made but made it into the movie "Andersonville" .... for $149. 00

That's hard to ignore...
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM   #6
Malachi Leviticus Blue

at least a couple of you are probably going to want to check out the Pietta steel frame 1858 with starter kit for $199

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Piett...12&WT.tsrc=AFF
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #7
ZZZ

Those sale prices look like the regular prices from just a few years ago. That said, the Howdah is probably one of the most enjoyable guns ever. If'n you can swing one, don't hesitate. If you go to the store, don't forget to check out the BP stuff in the bargain cave. I got some great deals there. The best one was the Remington revolving carbine for $190.
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #8
Malachi Leviticus Blue

It seems like I hear about a lot of bargain cave deals. My local Cablea's is what they call an outpost, (way smaller than a full size store) and it doesn't have a bargain cave.
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #9
raubvogel

So this bargain cave is located in each Cabelas store, right?
Old Today, 11:42 AM   #10
MCgunner

Location: The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
No! I will not succumb! I do not need a howdah!!!!!!!!!!
Old Today, 12:57 PM   #11
kBob

But what about the tigers, man?

-kBob