Quantcast
"Assault Knives" - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Non-Firearm Weapons

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old May 20, 2015, 06:00 PM   #1
Sol

"Assault Knives"

So I was watching the news and they did a small blurb about that Waco biker shooting hootnaney.

It piqued my interests so I turned the sound up.

After it showed a gentleman vigorously hosing away what I would imagine was some sort of bodily fluid it cut to the police chief of Waco.

(I'm paraphrasing here) He said they found "Assault knives" and guns all sorts of guns, handguns blah blah "the largest caliber gun we found was an AK-47".

Anyways, I always used the term "assault knife" in jest. According to this guy it must be a real thing.

So the question is: is Assault knife a valid term or definable object or is this a politically pandering idiot who is just flappin' gums?
Old May 20, 2015, 06:12 PM   #2
M-Cameron

well if it was a knife that was used in an assault....then yes, i suppose you could call it an assault knife....

but no, there are no features that make a knife an assault knife, like you have with rifles.....adding "assault XXXX" makes the weapon sound evil and villianous, and is good for media ratings.
Old May 20, 2015, 06:26 PM   #3
Gordon

In the pile of "100 weapons seized" about a 1/4 appear to be wallet chains and chain vest extenders. Some knucks a pipe or two and sawed off pool ques. Some ot the pistols seized were from licensed carriers that happened to be there (lots of Christian club and veterans clubs) as was the couple rifle from trucks and cars in the parking lot. Assault knives indeed, from the same source who are not telling most deaths and wounds were caused by police automatic weapons that opened on those folks in the brawl area "to save lives from violence spilling over to civilians". We shall see if the forensic pathology is ever really factual and truly reported. There are recordings from insidecameras and outside in the parking lot and the numerous police cars that ringed the brawl, they had SWAT guys in place on the roof and 4 people were shot by those, we shall see how open the BATFE is and while they are at it explain why THEY are in charge ?
Though we never leave dry land,
All the goblins, I've forgot 'em,
I buried them in the sand
So give me two 1911s,
one for each hand.

Last edited by Gordon; May 20, 2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old May 20, 2015, 06:50 PM   #4
Sol

"4 people were shot by those, we shall see how open the BATFE is and while they are at it explain why THEY are in charge ?"

off topic, but if I had to guess, a few of those bikers probably have the prefix "special agent" attached to their dayjob.
Old May 21, 2015, 09:24 AM   #5
hso

That's the first time I've heard an official use the term. I hope it get's laughed at enough not to become an Anti meme.
Please Read The Forum Rules

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old May 21, 2015, 09:36 AM   #6
X-Rap

Recently I read an article on knives and their 2a implications and I recall seeing some Chiefs of Police being interviewed and them commenting on "Combat Knives" and how the public didn't need them but they were in favor of the public having knives in general.
Sounded so familiar.
I'm sure assault knives will make it into the lexicon, just wonder how they will be defined?
Old May 21, 2015, 04:21 PM   #7
kBob

Y'all need to do some historical work looking at the terms "Dirk", "Dagger", and "Bowie Knife"

If not the term, the concept has been around a LONG time.

I believe that Roman Cicero fella had a case about such nigh on 2000 years ago.......

-kBob
Old May 21, 2015, 05:13 PM   #8
bikerdoc

I am tired of public officials and their tiresome sound bites and the media that plays it.

I only have so many heartbeats left. I am not wasting them on things that are not fun.
VCDL, member, Curmudgeon
Old May 22, 2015, 04:58 PM   #9
lemaymiami

Chiefs (and other politicians...) long ago learned how to manipulate public opinion.... Just take a look at our chaotic knife and other similar laws.... When I was a young cop I bought into that sort of BS - age and distance have given me a better perspective on those kind of games.
Old May 22, 2015, 11:29 PM   #10
MICHAEL T

Assault knives They counted several Swiss Army knives as weapons
I don't know if cork screw or the tooth pick that makes them assault knives Appears their now trying to cover their rear . So my chain wallet is now a deadly weapon .

They really be up set over my old slap jack (CCW permit covers it)
http://bersachat.com #1 board on net for Bersa pistols and now American Classic 1911's have their own place

http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com
Old May 24, 2015, 04:11 PM   #11
Gordon

" age and distance have given me a better perspective on those kind of games."
Thank you!
of the 1000 weapons found, 400+ were the steak knives in the restaurant, 180 or more were wallet chains and vest extenders, a couple hundred legal pocket knives, a couple dozen fixed blades, a few handguns most of which were permitted, some hunting rifles and other pistols in vehicles in the parking lot and one AK47 (semi) in a car trunk.
Assault knives and three pistol against each other not against 5.56 armed cops on the mexican restaraunt roof top pouring fire into the melee and the folks on the twin peaks patio behind the fighting parties = 9 dead bikers and 150+ seriously wounded who were at a scheduled political meeting.. No riots afterward tho and the explosives and greenlighting cops is more of the spin as with a million dollars bail each on the 170 charged with "criminal conspiricy" who half of which are veteran and Christian club members but were unfortunate enough to be eyewitnesses to the massacre
Though we never leave dry land,
All the goblins, I've forgot 'em,
I buried them in the sand
So give me two 1911s,
one for each hand.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:11 PM   #12
zorro45

They are scary and black and make a lousy clicky sound when you whip them open!
Old May 25, 2015, 12:09 AM   #13
rcmodel
Contributing Member

These are 'Assault Knives'.

That's what they were designed for, and what they were used for.

image.jpg

rc