Quantcast
Buck 110 50 year anniversary knife - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Non-Firearm Weapons

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 22, 2014, 02:16 PM   #1
Buzznrose

Buck 110 50 year anniversary knife

Bought 5 of these last week and they arrived today. $28 from Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...w_bottom_links

Every bit the quality of my 25+ year old knives. The one I inspected was solid and razor sharp.

These will be going into the safe as gifts for future grandkids.
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." Clint Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josey Wales".
Old April 22, 2014, 02:21 PM   #2
Buzznrose

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398190829.606896.jpg (91.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398190863.505948.jpg (80.3 KB, 94 views)
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." Clint Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josey Wales".
Old April 22, 2014, 03:36 PM   #3
Yo Mama

They are supposed to actually have 4 or more versions this year! I got a "sterile" version, only around 1000 made, has no emblem or Buck name on it.

For 28 dollars, you get a tank of a blade, USA made, 420hc steel treated to it's full potential, and the sheath is pretty nice to.
The different versions should be out through the next few quarters, some will have different emblems, and tang stamps.

The Cabela's version is pretty slick, but was unbelievably expensive.
Old April 22, 2014, 03:50 PM   #4
Buzznrose

I didn't know about the others...I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!
Old April 22, 2014, 05:29 PM   #5
SleazyRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzznrose View Post
Bought 5 of these last week and they arrived today. $28 from Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...w_bottom_links

Every bit the quality of my 25+ year old knives. The one I inspected was solid and razor sharp.

These will be going into the safe as gifts for future grandkids.
The link you provided depicts the 110BRS without a 50th anniversary badge. Is that the one?
Old April 22, 2014, 11:17 PM   #6
Buzznrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazyRider View Post
The link you provided depicts the 110BRS without a 50th anniversary badge. Is that the one?
Those are the ones I ordered.
Old Yesterday, 03:36 AM   #7
SleazyRider

Thank you, I ordered one myself.

Hey, Yo Mama, what is that bodacious looking tool in your photograph with the Stanley label? I probably need one!

Last edited by SleazyRider; Yesterday at 03:43 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:47 AM   #8
Field Tester

Are they all going to be USA made?
Old Yesterday, 05:38 AM   #9
ivankerley

all of the 110 line are made in the USA
Gene
Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM   #10
Yo Mama

Quote:
Hey, Yo Mama, what is that bodacious looking tool in your photograph with the Stanley label? I probably need one!
It's a Stanley Fubar. It is unbelievable. I love it.
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #11
craftsman

I have one of these folders with a holster, from about 30 years ago. The MSRP on them is now $75! And my Case medium 3 blade stockman now has an MSRP of $50 - I guess I better add these in the will to the sons-in-law! LOL
Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM   #12
Buzznrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field Tester View Post
Are they all going to be USA made?
Knives are made in the USA, but the leather belt case, which is nice, was made in Mexico.
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM   #13
SleazyRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Mama View Post
It's a Stanley Fubar. It is unbelievable. I love it.
Did you say FUBAR? Then that's the tool for me! Thank you!