Quantcast
THR Lemat club - Page 5 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Blackpowder Shooting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 17, 2013, 02:56 AM   #101
Dan D

The first time they listed it, I believe they said it was Uberti made. However, Uberti never made Lemat's did they? It should be pretty easy to tell if it's italian made or original as the threads would be metric on a repro.
Old July 18, 2013, 05:10 PM   #102
elhombreconnonombre

Location: South of Austin in Hays Co., a day's ride from Bexar, Enchanted Rock, and Plum Creek
I suggested to the seller that since they
were in Lost Wages to take it over to the
Pawn Stars gun guy. Dont know if they did. If
it was a genuine sn 333 cyl, it might have been
a cyl from one of the first shipment of Le Mats that
made it through the Union blockade.

God Bless John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Errol Flynn, Randolph Scott, and Val Forgett Jr.
Old July 18, 2013, 07:35 PM   #103
col.lemat

Would the Italian made repro have metric threads? what about the original Lemats that were made in England France and Belgium. I some how guess that they just might be metric also.
Old July 19, 2013, 02:07 AM   #104
elhombreconnonombre

Location: South of Austin in Hays Co., a day's ride from Bexar, Enchanted Rock, and Plum Creek
I believe all modern Italian repros have metric threads including the nipples. I have no
idea what mechanical std was used in the 1860s in Europe.
Maybe mssr. Lionrobe will chime in from France.
I caught the Pawn Stars show where Rick offered a guy
$ 12k for an original Le Mat. I think the seller wisely declined.

God Bless John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Errol Flynn, Randolph Scott, and Val Forgett Jr.
Old September 20, 2013, 01:08 PM   #105
elhombreconnonombre

Bonjour and a bighowdy from deep in the heart of
Texas.
A couple of Le Mats came up on gb lately. An early model with a plain non engraved
cylinder sold for $925 with 20+ bidders. There is another fancy gilded
"limited edition collectable" Le Mat with no bids at $1300.

Old September 20, 2013, 03:00 PM   #106
flibuste

here is some shooting at 25 meters with my pistol (has been polished) :

But here is an engraved model :

Old September 22, 2013, 09:55 AM   #107
snidervolley

went on a vacation to Thailand (wifes choice) and went here there and every where not expecting to find a thing truely interesting to me .
on the final days of the trip she wanted to see a palace ,so away we went in 95 degree heat which is ok but it was 95 percent humidty as well (PLeH!)
and as i was getting done for the day went into a building and low and behold it was an armoury and in the back of the armoury and in glass cases where three lemat percussion carbines WOW
Old September 22, 2013, 10:47 AM   #108
kBob

AND YOU DID NOT TAKE A PICTURE?!?!?!?!

Sorry for the shouting.....

-kBob
Old September 23, 2013, 10:43 AM   #109
snidervolley

lemats

i did but being behind glass and not being alowed to take pics they didnt turn out so good
Old October 30, 2013, 01:21 PM   #110
elhombreconnonombre

May I join?

My Le Mat with horizontal cross draw Walker holster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131030_101202.jpg (117.9 KB, 44 views)

Old October 31, 2013, 08:34 AM   #111
snidervolley

nice rig and picture thereof
Old January 24, 2014, 05:38 PM   #112
lionrobe77

Sad news

Unfortunately, Flibuste, the skillfull shooter and reloader, passed last month.

RIP, good friend.
Old January 24, 2014, 05:58 PM   #113
elhombreconnonombre

Vaya con dios mi compadre flibuste. We will all Miss you. Thanks for informing us mssr. Lionrobe.

Old February 12, 2014, 06:35 PM   #114
jolasa

LeMat Tune Up - Col. Lemat

Col. Lemat,

You tuned up my LeMat back in 2011.

Are you still doing tune ups on the Pietta LeMat pistol, for general fit and reliable shotgun firing?

Jolasa
Old February 13, 2014, 09:33 AM   #115
snidervolley

lemat

col lemat i would like mine tuned too if your available
Old July 17, 2014, 02:55 PM   #116
elhombreconnonombre

I came across some posts somewhere related to the Le Mat shown in the gun case aboard the "Wanderer" Pullman car in the "Wild Wild West" movie. It appears to be a steam punkish Le Mat prop gun with an interesting double ball-jointed shoulder stock. It got me thinking.....maybe?????

Old September 3, 2014, 01:58 AM   #117
elhombreconnonombre

Is There an updated "club" membership roster?

Old September 4, 2014, 09:47 AM   #118
snidervolley

elhombre
nails it
Old November 19, 2014, 11:34 AM   #119
snidervolley

i'm in market to buy a navy lemat revolver any body sellin
Old November 20, 2014, 09:58 AM   #120
snidervolley

going to try this weekend to get video of the lemat carbine shooting ,[IMG][/IMG]
its finally done . after the internal pawl broke from the new straight and stronger spring made for it i tried every gunsmith and lemat guy i could find and all refused . so last night i made the tools to disect it and took it apart and made a titanium pawl and succes !
Old November 20, 2014, 09:59 AM   #121
snidervolley

[IMG][/IMG]
Old November 20, 2014, 11:58 AM   #122
elhombreconnonombre

SV
Very nice. You da Man! Cant wait to see the video shooting the shotgun and the revolving rifle and how you hold it with your off hand using that big trigger guard.

I love your work creating your LM Long gun. I have gotten into Bulldog style revolvers of late. Do you think a firing short barrel Bulldog Le Mat is doable? I made a photoshop drawing of a prototype. It looks pretty interesting...safe and accurate? Maybe not so much.

Last edited by elhombreconnonombre; November 20, 2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old November 22, 2014, 11:40 AM   #123
snidervolley

the lee 44 mold mics bullets out at 451 this seems awful big to shove in the chamber holes???
Old December 2, 2014, 08:52 PM   #124
snidervolley

lemat club

im so lemated
Old December 5, 2014, 08:26 PM   #125
snidervolley

got a cylinder loading press (way exciting) im getting along