Quantcast
LCRx front sight? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Revolvers

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 10, 2015, 02:11 PM   #1
Edarnold

LCRx front sight?

Looked at the LCRx 3" .38 Special at a local gun store. Really an exceptionally nice handling gun for my wife, especially the real sights. The only doubt was the white insert front sight blade, a fiber-optic or other might be easier to see against a dark target. Anyone know if this front blade has a commercial replacement available?
Old June 10, 2015, 04:22 PM   #2
Haywood

shopruger.com I think that's wear I got my XS Standard Dot Nightsight for my LCR357.
Old June 10, 2015, 07:04 PM   #3
B2Tall

I put a XS Big Dot on my LCR 357. Makes target acquisition pretty easy.

(Insert random profound quote here)
Old June 10, 2015, 11:47 PM   #4
Revolver Ocelot

Any standard Lcr front sight will fit on the 3" model as all they did put a raised "pedestal" for the front sight to ensure it is the correct height for the rear.

I would look at the hi viz offering, it's what I have on my Lcr and I highly recommend it.

Looking for Russian type 3 ak47 parts kit with receiver stubs
Old June 13, 2015, 07:56 AM   #5
Edarnold

Thanks all for the responses, this will mostly be her range gun with mousefart loads, but having one piece she is trained with that can be serious SD is important. She has some nerve degeneration from diabetes in her hands so a revolver is first choice. Shoots her current gun, a Colt Agent, with deadly accuracy, but the crude sights don't help.
Old June 14, 2015, 07:21 AM   #6
Phaedrus/69

Good info! I need a tritium front sight for my LCRx 3", too.
Old June 15, 2015, 07:24 PM   #7
edmo01

My LCRx 3" has been a shooter. The 3" barrel and sights make it an easy one to hit with.

Ruger also has a fiber optic option for the LCR. I wanted to have a more visible front sight and was torn on what to do.

While I made up my mind I painted the stock front blade with blaze orange model paint. It turned out so well I think I'll keep it that way.

I used a tooth pick as a paint brush. If you apply a coat of white paint as a base coat, the orange pops even more!

Edmo

Last edited by edmo01; June 15, 2015 at 07:29 PM.