Quantcast
A pleasant surprise - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Revolvers

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 28, 2016, 05:30 PM   #1
Comrade Mike

A pleasant surprise

I dropped a bid on a GB auction not expecting to win it. Well lo and behold I got a nice "you won!" Email some hours later.

I GUESS I need another revolver

98% Smith and Wesson model 22. Only thing I don't like about it is that horribly ugly lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MrBorland; April 28, 2016 at 05:37 PM. Reason: resized image
Old April 28, 2016, 06:12 PM   #2
v35

Nice win Mike!
Old April 28, 2016, 06:19 PM   #3
ApacheCoTodd

Pretty pretty.

I'm not one to get tense about MIM or locks but doggone it - if they're gonna go retro, drop the lock!

Still, it wouldn't have kept me from bidding either.

Todd.
Old April 29, 2016, 07:58 AM   #4
bannockburn

Comrade Mike

Great find and while my preference would be for there to be no lock, it still wouldn't have stopped me from wanting it too. Let us know how it does at the range.
Old April 29, 2016, 08:53 AM   #5
StrawHat

I have a 4" version of the M22-4 and it is a treat to shoot and carry.

Kevin

I don't know all the answers but I have made most of the mistakes and lived to tell about them.

www.NoonSharpening.com
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM   #6
AlfonsDeWolf

I'll be brave...and stoopid. What lock?
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM   #7
Cocked & Locked

key-hole lock on the flip side
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #8
Comrade Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsDeWolf View Post
I'll be brave...and stoopid. What lock?

Smith and Wesson caved to pressure from the Clintons in the early 90ies and started putting ugly useless key locks on their revolvers. Luckily there's a way to remove the lock and plug the hole quite easily that is much easier on the eyes, not that I'll be doing that.....
Old Today, 05:17 AM   #9
AlfonsDeWolf

Oh, I know about the lock....thanks. Is this a newer 'retro' model? If so, a keyhole on this sort of thing is especially bad!
Old Today, 05:26 AM   #10
ArchAngelCD

Yeah, they should have omitted the lock on the retro models. If S&W can produce new M642s and M442s without a lock it is doable so why not the retro revolvers. That us a very good looking revolver, congratulations on the win.
Old Today, 07:44 AM   #11
CajunBass

Don't let the lock spoil your enjoyment of a nice revolver. I've owned several and I don't even notice it anymore. It's just another pin or screw in the side of the gun after awhile. Some older Smith & Wesson's even had a pin in just about the same place.

Just squint a little if you have to.

That's a nice one Comrade. My LGS has/had a 21? Thunder Ranch, 44 Special the other day. Man I was tempted, but I'd just bought a 27-9, so I put it back.

They better sell it quick though.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old Today, 07:46 AM   #12
StrawHat

Here is my 22-4 with a 1917 and a converted M28-2, all use the 45 ACP/AR cartridge.

Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-03-31 19.38.00.jpg (67.7 KB, 10 views)

I don't know all the answers but I have made most of the mistakes and lived to tell about them.

www.NoonSharpening.com