Quantcast
Ruger Single-Six in 17hmr - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Revolvers

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 30, 2014, 07:07 AM   #1
kemper

Ruger Single-Six in 17hmr

So here's the deal. I already own 3 Single Six revolvers in 22 LR and one has the extra 22 mag cylinder with it, but I have had the itch to acquire one in 17 HMR caliber to go with and carry with my Ruger American rifle in 17HMR
(deadly accurate rifle/round out to 150 yards btw, a crows nightmare)

I was wanting to know the thoughts, opinions and experiences of others on this forum who own and have used the single six in 17 hmr. How accurate is the 17hmr round out of the 6.5 inch revolver barrel? Thanks in advance for your input.
Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM   #2
kemper

Anyone ?

Surely some of you own and some experience with the single six in 17hmr
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #3
cat_IT_guy

Cant help with experience, following with interest though. I had a .17hmr marlin bolt action that was very accurate and easy to shoot. Sold it and been wanting a .17 to replace it lately. Single six would be interesting (i have one in 22/22wmr), but the T/C Contender also interests me (as does a "boring"-since this is a pistol forum- CZ 455 varmint). Decisions, decisions....
Old Today, 12:36 AM   #4
Gordon

I have a Single Six Stainless Hunter with a 2-7x Burris Nickle scope on it in the factory rings. The trigger is tuned down to 2 pounds and it can hit a ground squirrel at 150 ytards rested and cuts one in two at that range. I think it is marginal on coyotes as I did shoot one about 75 yards out a few years ago and the dog went for 5 minutes before expiring with a lung hit, it did not exit.
Though we never leave dry land,
All the goblins, I've forgot 'em,
I buried them in the sand
So give me two 1911s,
one for each hand.

Tags
17hmr, single-six