Quantcast
A THR knife PICTURE thread?!?! - Page 11 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Non-Firearm Weapons

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old February 10, 2012, 12:31 PM   #251
tbow1964

My ever growing collection. The ones in the center, top right knife and wooden fish cleaners came from my grandad. Some nice old imperials.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0331.jpg (84.7 KB, 109 views)
Old February 15, 2012, 11:09 PM   #252
Doug Add

This Kinfolks Sway Back Gent by Case in honey brown bone arrived today.

Old February 17, 2012, 01:57 PM   #253
kamagong

Joonas Kallioniemi puukko

Old February 17, 2012, 11:49 PM   #254
Doug Add

Northfield 72 in cocobolo

Old February 23, 2012, 12:37 AM   #255
Doug Add

I have shown them individually, but I had these two in my pockets today. Due to the crazy warm winter we have experienced, I was able to shoot them when I got home this afternoon with blooming flowers reflected in the blades.

Old February 26, 2012, 04:02 PM   #256
wheelyfun66

excuse the guns please...no pics of knife solo!

Old February 26, 2012, 07:15 PM   #257
Doug Add

Wow, that's a gorgeous table! What is the wood?

Had these two in pocket today, a John Lloyd Shadow in rosewood, and a Case Peanut in chestnut bone.

Here's another picture of the Peanut, with it's cousin the Kinfolks Sway Back Gent in honey brown bone, both perched atop the blue bird house.

Old March 9, 2012, 08:48 PM   #258
T.A.DAVISON knife maker

BLACK WOOD ------- SWAY BACK______

Old March 9, 2012, 09:05 PM   #259
GojuBrian

BKT kukri

Old March 9, 2012, 09:07 PM   #260
Biggerhammer

Matching set of Ingram #1 Drop points.

Matching set of Ingram #6 Drop points.

Charles May, Elephant ivory Noxubee.

Old March 10, 2012, 10:20 AM   #261
SuperNaut

Wow, those Ingram's are sano!
Old March 12, 2012, 01:56 PM   #262
Il Duca

Chinee Schrade PH2, Tops Tracker 2, Kabar BK-7

Just the Tracker

Muela Siglo XVIII

Kabar 1173

My one custom- for now. Bought it from an old man that made it a few uears back at the Lakeland gunshow. Wish I could remember his name.

I am about to begin trying my hand at making a knife and will likely use the damascus one as inspiration. I like the blade profile very much.

These are just the ones I have pics of at the moment. I'll take some more later.
Old March 12, 2012, 03:52 PM   #263
Yo Mama

My Sister got married, and gave me this. Been carried for a few days, pretty much in love with it. Lightweight and perfect size. Came a bit dull, sharpmaker made short work out of it.

Old March 12, 2012, 05:17 PM   #264
Il Duca

Here's a handful out of my EDC basket. From L to R: My new Tracker 4 that was waiting for me in the mailbox today, Kabar 1173, Kabar D2, CRKT Hissatsu 2 (one of my favorite knives I've ever bought), Kershaw Saphire, Sog Twitch II

Old March 12, 2012, 08:10 PM   #265
JimStC

Subscribed
Old March 17, 2012, 04:22 PM   #266
Il Duca

This Tracker 4 came in the mail a few days ago, to go with my Tracker 2 above:

Bought this Gil Hibbon Negotiator 2 for a friend who will be camping with me and doesn't have a knife. I know it's a little fantastical but he will love it and it was a very good price.

And lastly got this Victorinox today, the box had a sticker on it that said C-Max. Not sure if that's the model number or not. Says 96 on one side of the blade. Any input on this one is welcome. For $10 I couldn't let it stay in the shop. Used, but it had the box.
Old March 17, 2012, 05:02 PM   #267
Doug Add

Looks like a Soldier. Nice find for $10!
Old March 17, 2012, 05:09 PM   #268
Doug Add

It was JTW Jr.'s post at the top of page 10 of this thread that set me on a search for a John Lloyd knife. I found one, and the process has revived my interest in pocket knives.

I decided to snap a few photos of my oldest knives this afternoon. I purchased the Schrade serpentine jack and the Colonial Barlow when I was a young boy in the late '60s/early '70s. The Böker Tree Brand stockman I probably bought in the late '80s when I was building docks.

My recent renewal of interest in pocket knives has caused me to get these three out and do some work on them. I knocked down most of the rust that had accumulated on the Böker due to it sitting in a slot of a leather tool pouch for the past 20 years. I am in the process of finding someone to rescale the Colonial. The Schrade, which was the last gift I gave my grandad, has an honored place of retirement.

Old March 17, 2012, 05:11 PM   #269
Doug Add

Here are a couple shots of the rosewood John Lloyd shadow I found, which became my 50th birthday gift from my wife and son.

Old March 17, 2012, 10:41 PM   #270
tazbigdog

I got this today!

Old March 18, 2012, 02:18 PM   #271
Doug Add

Have these two in the pockets of my cargo shorts today: cocobolo GEC Northfield 72 and chestnut bone Case Peanut.

Old March 20, 2012, 04:09 AM   #272
dispatch 510

My two newest ones.
Old March 20, 2012, 12:10 PM   #273
Yo Mama

TazBigDog, what an amazing blade! Man it's sweet.

dispatch, how you liking your bk14?
Old March 20, 2012, 08:56 PM   #274
tazbigdog

Thanks Yo Mama! Got another one coming soon. Will post pix when it comes in.
Old March 22, 2012, 06:51 PM   #275
iLikeOldgunsIlikeNewGuns

Finnnally

I finally got around to locating most of my knives for a group shot, there's a couple in boxes from moving that I haven't unpacked because I can't wait to move to a better State. I did not include my swords, of which I have several, or my beat-to-heck machete either. There's a couple crappy ones in here, and a couple nicer ones to make up for 'em My collection doesn't come close to much of what has been posted here, but what the heck I've been collecting knives for well over a decade, I might as well join this thread. I'm excited that I was able to get in on the Kim Breed Necker deal, so I'll have one of those soon too!
anyhoo, here's the group shot followed by a couple close-ups

You may notice in this one that my Benchmade 42 is missing a screw. It's been missing for about 3 years now! and that hasn't impeded its use in any way, much to my surprise. I was waiting to take this picture before sending it off, I talked to them recently and will be sending it in now for a 'tune-up'

I actually have three of these unfinished zippo knives... one of these days (or years) I'll get around to honing an edge on 'em and making different grip panels for each one

I remember wanting this Buck knife from the time I was about 16 years old, I bought it a little while after I turned 18 (almost ten years ago wow) and it has served me well

Last edited by iLikeOldgunsIlikeNewGuns; March 25, 2012 at 02:41 AM.