Quantcast
A THR knife PICTURE thread?!?! - Page 26 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Non-Firearm Weapons

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 23, 2013, 08:11 PM   #626
Sam Cade

I cut this flower
else winter take its beauty
knife is Higo-no-Kami.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC07315.jpg (121.7 KB, 390 views)

Love THR? Help support it (and never see advertisements again) by becoming a Contributing Member.
http://www.thehighroad.org/payments.php
Old October 23, 2013, 10:15 PM   #627
Yo Mama

I like it Sam! I have the Svord Peasant, and it's a nice blade, but that Higo-no-Kami is calling my name!
Old October 23, 2013, 10:20 PM   #628
Sam Cade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Mama View Post
I like it Sam! I have the Svord Peasant, and it's a nice blade, but that Higo-no-Kami is calling my name!
If you like the Svord, you will love the Higo-no-Kami. They have much more Wabi-sabi.

Love THR? Help support it (and never see advertisements again) by becoming a Contributing Member.
http://www.thehighroad.org/payments.php
Old October 24, 2013, 12:13 PM   #629
Shanghai McCoy

Shear poetry Sam...
Old October 24, 2013, 01:53 PM   #630
perado

Thinking in terms of Wabo-Cabo (or is it Cabo-Wabo?), I had to look up Wabi-sabi. What a perfect way to describe that knife.

"It's the deed, not the device."
Old October 24, 2013, 11:19 PM   #631
DAdams

DPXHEST by Rowen

Sheath by Regalia Innovations.

Reprofiled to convex by 91bravo. AL.

ESEE 3MIL G10 two layer scales

[URL=http://s100.photobucket.com/user/dadams111/media/Knives/image_zps975b723f.jpg.html][/URL

I2

Last edited by DAdams; October 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old October 29, 2013, 12:03 AM   #632
perado

Added a third Dawson folder to the herd. This one is a 16C.

Folders from any of the Dawson Clan are few and far between. This one was sold to another vendor before the doors even opened. (Their picture) I cried.

Old October 29, 2013, 02:14 PM   #633
Yo Mama

Nice Perado
Old October 30, 2013, 06:43 PM   #634
Rollis R. Karvellis

Paraphrasing I, belive RC Modeler, ''I, keep buying knives to use but never do so.''

Well I, have been in that same boat, and I'm going to get some use out of them.

This is a Black Jack I, bought in the mid 90's, used it on my only successful deer* hunt, then put it away.

Now it is in my 1911 case for the range, and bug out purposes.

*Some of the more seasoned hunter's accused me of shooting a not so large dog, but no matter it still tasted good.
Old October 31, 2013, 05:03 AM   #635
Steve32

Alien predetor knife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxuo2UKOCIg

Old October 31, 2013, 06:40 AM   #636
hso

Steve32,

Most folks post what they're proud to own, but I suppose weird enough for Halloween might be sufficient.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old November 1, 2013, 10:36 AM   #637
Yo Mama

Got back from the mothership:

Old November 1, 2013, 02:40 PM   #638
OregonJohnny

I know everyone has seen a Benchmade Mini Griptilian before, but mine has a cool little story. This has been my main EDC for a couple of years now (as the pocket clip shows). It originally had the satin combo edge blade, which I was never really in love with. I have become a plain-edge-only kind of guy lately. A week or two ago, I made the mistake of trying out one of those Chef's Choice electric sharpeners on it, and I totally screwed up the edge. I drove over to Benchmade on my lunch break one day to see if they could fix it. They were about to re-profile and sharpen it while I waited, when I got a crazy idea. "Can I swap out the entire blade for a different one?" I asked. Yep! $25 for a satin blade of your choosing, or $35 for a black blade of your choosing! I decided to go with plain edge satin, and now I have my "perfect" EDC that I always wanted. Oh, and I asked them to keep the original clip on it - as I love the look of a well-worn pocket knife.

They shipped it to me 2 days later, new blade, cleaned, oiled, and all new springs. It feels like a brand new knife, and I love the new blade. Anyway, the pics:

Old November 1, 2013, 02:46 PM   #639
Yo Mama

^They did about the same for me on that 300sn. Sent back for a minor noise, figured I'd have them engrave while it was there.

The service ticket says they replaced the springs, cleaned, oiled, adjusted, sharpened, and buffed the blade tang. It probably didn't need any of that, but it was nice that they really went over it fully and didn't leave anything to chance.

If you're so close to BM, I'd really recommend you look at their engraving options, they can do anything, and it's only a few bucks.
Old November 1, 2013, 03:49 PM   #640
OregonJohnny

Quote:
If you're so close to BM, I'd really recommend you look at their engraving options, they can do anything, and it's only a few bucks.
Yeah, I think for Father's Day next year, I'll get my dad one of their H2O Griptilians, with the name of his yacht engraved on the blade. Maybe then he won't "misplace" it like he's done with the other pocket knives I've given him over the years...
Old November 1, 2013, 05:34 PM   #641
perado

I'd be hard-pressed to try to decide whether Benchmade or ProTech has the best customer service in the industry, but they're both head and shoulders above the rest. IMHE.

Old November 1, 2013, 05:57 PM   #642
OregonJohnny

Quote:
I'd be hard-pressed to try to decide whether Benchmade or ProTech has the best customer service in the industry, but they're both head and shoulders above the rest. IMHE.
I've had multiple face-to-face experiences with CS at Kershaw. They are just as good. I've heard Buck is great to deal with, as well.

But I try to buy Oregon-made knives as much as possible, which is pretty easy to do!
Old November 2, 2013, 08:57 AM   #643
Alnamvet68

Old November 2, 2013, 08:59 AM   #644
Alnamvet68

Old November 2, 2013, 05:15 PM   #645
kBob

High school aged young man at my son's school made this in Steve Blooms shop this year.

Not as nice as the Nipponese ones you guys have posted, but I think a pretty decent first folder.

I suggested he call it Hippo-no-Camo.......

-kBob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1378.jpg (210.7 KB, 43 views)
Old November 3, 2013, 03:33 PM   #646
Alnamvet68

Shun Higo Nokami personal folding steak knife....

Old November 7, 2013, 06:52 PM   #647
perado

Found another of Wayne Clark's Destiny series...and I didn't even need to go to a gunshow to find it.

They come as manuals and as automatics. This is my pile.

Some are under his name and some are under the AutoTech name. There had been another knife company by that name, so he dropped AutoTech and started DKD...Dynamic Knife Designs.

Old November 7, 2013, 09:24 PM   #648
Yo Mama

Dude, Perado, I think you may have a problem, but still glad you take pictures of everything for us.
Old November 7, 2013, 11:34 PM   #649
perado

Tell me something new.
At least I was able to get myself limited to a couple of makers. Maybe someday I should pull those 200+ cheap Chinese folders and take pix of them.

Besides, if I didn't buy knives, my Jeep would look like a cross between Bigfoot and a Sherman tank.

Old November 8, 2013, 09:27 AM   #650
SuperNaut

Relax, perado you are home.