Quantcast
A THR knife PICTURE thread?!?! - Page 8 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Non-Firearm Weapons

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 7, 2011, 12:53 PM   #176
tallpaul

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachmen...4&d=1324188164

Good to see another! There sure aren't many and it's a shame...

Last edited by ArfinGreebly; December 18, 2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: link to attachment
Old November 7, 2011, 07:21 PM   #177
EvilGenius

I've had a CRKT M16-14SFG for a few years now as my daily. I run it through the gauntlet of cardboard, wood, concrete and soft metals.

I got bored with some glow in the dark paint, but I was too lazy to tape off the rings. So please excuse the ugly edges.

Always cut away from yourself.... and wear gloves.

Old November 13, 2011, 11:35 AM   #178
Prodigalshooter

Here's one of my favorite folders
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00434.JPG (120.6 KB, 40 views)
Old November 13, 2011, 06:22 PM   #179
gotigers

Old November 14, 2011, 07:38 PM   #180
T.R.

TR
Old November 21, 2011, 04:06 PM   #181
AuthorityDenied

I just picked up this Buck Paklite skinner to add to my edc rotation. For less than $20 I am hugely impressed. I just need to have a nice kydex sheath made up for it.

Old November 21, 2011, 04:17 PM   #182
Searcher1970

Just got this Kabar Coke Bottle in the mail today.

Old November 26, 2011, 07:21 PM   #183
iLikeOldgunsIlikeNewGuns

Really enjoyed reading/viewing through this thread, you guys have some seriously gorgeous cutlery! I don't have nearly as many blade-photos as I have blades, but am now inspired to remedy this. My blades are all over my domicile, so in the next couple days I'll get some photos of the good ones and post 'em here
Old November 28, 2011, 01:55 PM   #184
AuthorityDenied

Just picked up a Leek after hearing all the positive reviews on it. Now that I have one I can see why they are so well loved. It's super fast, light and wonderfully precise. I'll be using it as my light use edc knife.

Old November 29, 2011, 07:33 PM   #185
trikster

Great pieces by everyone here. I only have a few pieces left from my collection. Will try and get some pics up tomorrow. I have a Beretta 3" lock blade from the late 80's that is my favorite.

It isn't really that special to look at, but it saved my life once while putting up Christmas lights at my parents place. Slipped on a wet spot (was on the roof) and slid off the edge. Had the knife in my hand and before I fell off, drove it with all my strength into the roof and hung on until my mom brought the ladder around. Only then did I see that it went through three layers of tar paper and the metal flashing under it. I had to re-tip it and there is a slight bend in the tip, but I will be buried with that knife.
Old November 29, 2011, 07:56 PM   #186
Yo Mama

^ Man, glad you're ok. Good story about connections we have with our blades.
Old November 30, 2011, 04:29 PM   #187
trikster

Here is my Beretta lock blade. Has an old-school thumb-nut, before the days when it was integrated into the blade. In the pics you can see where I used a ceramic sharpener to lightly write my initials into the blade. When I bought it, my two buds at the time bought the same knife. Didn't want to get them mixed up.

I will post my other knives later, but this one is my favorite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beretta01.jpg (58.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg beretta02.jpg (65.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg beretta03.jpg (62.3 KB, 41 views)
Old November 30, 2011, 04:51 PM   #188
JVoutilainen

Safety harness

Old November 30, 2011, 05:04 PM   #189
trikster

Yeah, well... I was 19 and invincible. AND, I had my trusty Beretta with me (thank God!).
Old November 30, 2011, 05:16 PM   #190
Sniper X

I have three Leeks and love them. One is a Rainbow Leek which I only carry when I dress up. Beautiful knife. Useable too.
Old December 11, 2011, 07:59 PM   #191
supersappersix

I will be posting my collectoin in smaller groups defined by purpose or brand. This particular group is made of blades given to me by my Uncle in the course of my career. Each of the M9 Bayonets represents a tour to Iraq. The MK3 blade came to me via a kindly supply NCO who received some via a clerical error and he needed to make them disappear so I happily assisted in the reallocation process. The M4 Bayonet is the only blade here that I have bought. It came as part of a package with a correct overhauled M1 carbine. The little four blade is by Camillus circa 1985. The Air Force 499 Survival Knife has been reshaped due to a broken tip in the summer of 1982. The machete gets used regularly in my feeble attempts to clear shooting lanes in the swamp that blankets two thirds of my land.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03185.JPG (38.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03186.JPG (38.4 KB, 30 views)
Old December 11, 2011, 11:26 PM   #192
millertyme

I'll make my inaugural image posting of the first knife I've ever made. I went a bit on the cheap since it was all I had lying around to make it with but the scales are removable so I can make it a little nicer when time and means permit.

Old December 12, 2011, 08:18 PM   #193
hso

First knife? Good job.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old December 12, 2011, 08:25 PM   #194
Valkman

Good job on the first knife! I wouldn't worry about spending more time on it though - it's your first and I'd leave it and move on to #2.
Old December 13, 2011, 05:50 PM   #195
Yo Mama

supersappersix, I'd love to see bigger pics. You can't appreciate your fine looking collection there.

millertyme, amazing file work there! Really nice looking blade.
Old December 13, 2011, 06:35 PM   #196
hso

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old December 14, 2011, 08:57 AM   #197
jahwarrior

my MTech Twist, used and abused. i carry, flip, and do more with this balisong than i do with any of my Benchmades.

Old December 16, 2011, 08:12 AM   #198
AuthorityDenied

I just got a mint condition Gerber Patriot for........ Wait for it....... $25!!! It was an estate sale find and, obviously, hugely undervalued. I'll post pictures later.
Old December 16, 2011, 07:23 PM   #199
Dunkelheit

KA-BAR Fullsize, Zero Tolerance 0121, Spyderco Endura 4, Leatherman Surge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg knifes.jpg (129.1 KB, 32 views)
Old December 18, 2011, 09:22 AM   #200
Steve32

A cheap knife I got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtO1oaZhM_4