Quantcast
Just landed a job after being out of work for the past 6 months... - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Shotguns

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 9, 2014, 11:11 PM   #1
cgrutt

Just landed a job after being out of work for the past 6 months...

So celebration is in order. Bought a Beretta Silver Pigeon III. Always wanted a nice over/under so thought now is as good a time as any. Hopefully will get it the week after next. Looking forward to it, ha, ha...

This one is one for the boy...
Old October 10, 2014, 09:16 AM   #2
rbernie
Contributing Member

Congrats! I just bought myself a new Browning Lightweight White Lightning 12ga with oiled stock (no glossy Browning stocks for me, thanks), and yes - it feels good to treat yourself to something nice.

Support THR by becoming a Contributing Member. Texans should be a member of the Texas State Rifle Association.
-
Trying to alter human behavior by regulating objects has been historically proven a fools errand, and yet is the fundamental underlying premise of gun control.
-
A conclusion is not a destination, it's simply a convenient place to stop thinking.
-
Reading a thing doesn't automatically make it so, and repeating it doesn't necessarily make it any truer.

-
I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no class.
Old October 10, 2014, 02:43 PM   #3
NOMI WASP

Congrats on both! Getting a new toy is sooo awesome. Glad you found work in a tough economy.

My wife bought me a new 45 for Christmas last weekend and she let my play with it until the next morning. Now I have to wait for Santa
Old October 10, 2014, 04:02 PM   #4
Captcurt

Congrates from the Self-unemployed.

Must have been a pretty good job if you can splurge on a Beretta. Congrates on the gun and the job.
Old October 10, 2014, 04:29 PM   #5
d2wing

You won't regret it.
Old October 10, 2014, 06:20 PM   #6
Jason_W

Congrats on the job. I'm waiting to hear back on one of those myself.
Old October 10, 2014, 08:10 PM   #7
cgrutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captcurt View Post
Must have been a pretty good job if you can splurge on a Beretta. Congrates on the gun and the job.
Thanks guys.

Yeah its a pretty good job. I've been doing some consulting on the side and now that's gravy lol...
Old October 10, 2014, 09:13 PM   #8
cat_IT_guy

Congrats on what is hopefully a great job and certainly is a beautiful gun.
Old October 10, 2014, 10:42 PM   #9
cgrutt

Thanks again guys. Here are a couple of pics from the GB auction.

Should be at my FFL on Monday and hopefully will pick up next weekend. (My FFL is quite a bit north from me, but I head up that way on most weekends.)