Quantcast
NY anti-gun/violence activist sentenced for bringing gun into school - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Closed Thread

Old September 23, 2014, 02:37 PM   #1
usmarine0352_2005

NY anti-gun/violence activist sentenced for bringing gun into school

If I'm correct he helped write the new stiffer gun penalties for guns at schools.

What a joke. I'm sure the next law-abiding CCWing parent that accidentally brings their gun into the school will get the exact preferential same treatment.

http://wivb.com/2014/09/22/community...gun-in-school/

Quote:
Community activist sentenced for bringing gun to school

By Emily Guggenmos, News 4 Reporter Published: September 22, 2014, 6:06 p

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) An anti-violence activist caught carrying a firearm into an elementary school in February has been given a conditional discharge.

A judge says if Dwayne Ferguson completes 100 hours of community service and stays out of trouble, he will not face more serious charges possessing a firearm on schools grounds.

Last February, Ferguson sparked a scare at Harvey Austin Elementary School when a man noticed his weapon and called police. Students were held on lockdown for around three hours while police swept the school. It was during a second search that Ferguson was found with a weapon.
Old September 23, 2014, 05:19 PM   #2
wally

There you have it in a nutshell, laws should only apply to serfs, not the Elite.

This makes my blood boil!
Old September 23, 2014, 05:49 PM   #3
AlexanderA

Makes perfect sense to me -- you'd have a "monopoly of force" if you could disarm everybody except yourself.

It helps if you are the person who decides who's "worthy" to have a gun. Write the rules, and you can carve out exceptions for yourself.
Old September 23, 2014, 09:25 PM   #4
TMCCOY

It's always been about control for the liberals.
Old September 23, 2014, 11:00 PM   #5
Bartholomew Roberts
Moderator Emeritus

Good thing he isn't a single mom in New Jersey, right? He might see some felony prison time then.
Old September 24, 2014, 05:06 PM   #6
herrwalther

I don't see this thread being open very long. Like most antis, THEY can have guns and bodyguards. Just not everyone else.
Old September 24, 2014, 09:20 PM   #7
Bobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrwalther View Post
I don't see this thread being open very long.
I'm surprised it hasn't been closed yet. However, while not much more than a "what a load of bs" thread, it does serve to illustrate - effectively, I think - that gun control advocates aren't looking to prevent in crime or violence; rather, it really is about control, and "they" will be exempted.

And IMO, that's a very important truth to make known. I'd leave it open for that, if nothing else, but I'm not calling the shots. :P
"As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

"Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again; poor fools. And their grand-children are once more slaves." - Edward Murrow
Old September 24, 2014, 10:12 PM   #8
wojownik

The stunning inconsistencies and hypocrisy with this case bear further examination. I hope this thread does stay open, if we can have some measured discussion.

- supporters of this individual are making the same argument that many pro 2a activists make - that because Ferguson was armed he was potentially in a position to help if there was another person with gun or active shooter in the school. I read several quotes precisely that effect in local Buffalo newspapers.

- has Ferguson made any statement explaining why he as such a staunch supporter of the NY Safe Act and gun control in general feels compelled to carry a firearm himself?

- other questions to watch since these is a Class A misdemeanor ... Does he lose his firearms? Does he lose both his pistol and carry permits? Since he was allowed to plead to a misdemeanor, the NY Safe Act penalties conveniently (including those for carrying on school grounds) do not appear to apply. However, a Class A misdemeanor is a "serious offense" within the meaning of NY penal law (Section 400.00, and as defined under 265.00). As such, he should lose his licenses ... let's see.

This Ferguson case merely illustrates the double standard of many in the anti crowd. Those pushing for increased gun-control, are conversely (or perversely) the ones who apparently believe such laws don't apply to them .

Mr. Ferguson asserts that he “forgot” he was carrying his gun. Well, if he really forgot he had it then it wouldn't be very good for self-defence, now would it? And if he didn't really forget, well that's all whole different story (at least in terms of his credibility) ...

There are a number of other inconsistencies with his story which changes in the reporting leading up to and during the trial.

Last edited by wojownik; September 24, 2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old September 25, 2014, 06:20 AM   #9
lxd55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCCOY View Post
It's always been about control for the liberals.
that is it in a nutshell. do as I say not as I do.
Old September 25, 2014, 08:58 AM   #10
Art Eatman
Administrator

since it's not really about guns as guns...