Quantcast
Be on the lookout for stolen guns - Page 6 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 22, 2014, 10:05 AM   #126
4v50 Gary

12 ga. takedown model Win 97 with 30" full choke bbl and 20" bbl. D412481

This was stolen in 1984.
Old August 14, 2014, 03:49 PM   #127
Captain33036

A good friend just had two guns stolen in the FL Keys. He thinks they will be sold quickly there or in the Miami area.

- SIG P229. Late model with rail and E2 grips. 9mm

- S&W Shield, FO front sight. 9mm

Both in excellent condition.

Reported to police.

BOLO in FL. Both guns will probably have two mags, no box.

Thanks
Old August 29, 2014, 07:22 PM   #128
majortoo

Lesson # 1. The police are often lazy. So, do their work for them. Find the missing weapons at the gun show, on line, or wherever and then report it discreetly. Do not try to be Rambo. A local guy had his high value mag wheels stolen two years ago, but had written down the serial numbers. He checked the media. (I forget whether it was EBay or CraigsList). Sure enough, there they were. He went to look, and said, "I want them, but have to go check with my wife"....The police were very happy to have their work done for them. He broke up a major theft ring, and without having to shoot anyone!

Lesson # 2. Put some weight in the cheap safe or attach it to something heavy. Put "High Voltage" or "Danger" stickers on it, or hide it behind something. Do not make it easy.

Lesson # 3. Please record serial numbers and other details about your collection. You should include notes on when and where you bought the toys. Chain of custody is very important in a criminal case, and you do not want to be questioned about the weapon used in a crime.
Old September 4, 2014, 09:35 AM   #129
fireboat

Majortoo you are absolutely correct. My wife was held up at gun point at a shopping mall in Hollywood, which is north of Miami. I went around and checked the local pawn shops shops and sure enough I found her jewelry. I told the shop owner I liked a couple pieces and put a $50 deposit on it, which was a good thing because the pawn shop initially denied that they had any jewelry matching my wife's.
The cop pulled out the deposit receipt that I had given him and busted the pawn shop for fencing stolen goods and also tracked down the perp who held up my wife.
I don't think anything would have happened if I didn't do the work first.
Old September 23, 2014, 06:28 AM   #130
Midwest

Indiana: Full Auto, Silencers, Ammo stolen from Indy business

Indiana: Full Auto, Silencers, Pistols, Ammo, Trailer stolen from Indy business

I saw this reported on the NJ Gun Forums but didn't see it reported here. Conventional and full auto firearms as well as 16 silencers and 200,000 rounds of ammo were stolen from an Indy business.

"Trailer full of guns, ammo stolen from Indy business"

http://wishtv.com/2014/09/22/trailer...indy-business/

"
3 M16 type fully automatic rifles
2 full auto AK47s
A Beretta Auto Sear machine gun
A Century Arms machine gun
5 HK MP5 type sub-machine guns
A Century Arms Tantal machine gun
A full auto Thompson 1928A1 sub-machine gun
A full auto UZI sub-machine gun
An Ohio Ordinance 249 SAW belt fed full auto machine gun

Police say there were also 16 suppressors in the trailer along with approximately 20,000 rounds of mixed ammunition, a pallet jack, and $2,500 worth of miscellaneous magazines."

Later on it was found empty

http://wishtv.com/2014/09/22/call-to...tolen-trailer/
Looking for "ghost guns" which shoot "heat seeking bullets that cook animals" with "more thrusts per squeeze" using "magazines that can only be used once" featuring "the shoulder thing that goes up" and "assault weapons that can be bought at a store without a NICS check".
Old September 23, 2014, 07:16 AM   #131
lxd55

well I can tell you I didn't do it, but damn sure wish I had.
Old September 23, 2014, 07:35 AM   #132
Plan2Live

Relevence?
Old September 23, 2014, 08:41 AM   #133
HoosierQ

This happened right here in Indianapolis. So these knuckleheads left about 50 million dollars worth of guns and ammo in a trailer parked behind a gun shop. "Duh, I wonder what they got in that trailer parked behind the gun shop Louie?" The thieves just backed up to it and towed it away.

So either we got some seriously lucky garden variety burglars, some very careful and thorough professionals, or some sort of fishy inside-job.

Relevance? This is the kind of irresponsible behavior that gets gun owners shown in a very bad light. Secure your firearms responsibly lest something unfortunate (and perhaps newsworthy) happen.
Old September 23, 2014, 10:21 AM   #134
Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan2Live View Post
Relevence?
Considering that this isn't just a routine robbery of some pistols and long guns but rather very expensive full autos and silencers that makes this especially newsworthy and as the last post said it puts gun owners unfortunately in a bad light.

And most importantly there is an reward up to $10,000.

"The ATF is offering a reward of up to $5,000. They said that money will be matched by the National Shooting Sports Foundation for a total possible reward of $10,000."

And the most concern is who is in possession of the stolen items? Some gang bangers? Some terrorist group? This is an important story, lets hope they find out who was responsible and recover all the items.
Looking for "ghost guns" which shoot "heat seeking bullets that cook animals" with "more thrusts per squeeze" using "magazines that can only be used once" featuring "the shoulder thing that goes up" and "assault weapons that can be bought at a store without a NICS check".
Old September 23, 2014, 10:37 AM   #135
HoosierQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
Considering that this isn't just a routine robbery of some pistols and long guns but rather very expensive full autos and silencers that makes this especially newsworthy and as the last post said it puts gun owners unfortunately in a bad light.

And most importantly there is an reward up to $10,000.

"The ATF is offering a reward of up to $5,000. They said that money will be matched by the National Shooting Sports Foundation for a total possible reward of $10,000."

And the most concern is who is in possession of the stolen items? Some gang bangers? Some terrorist group? This is an important story, lets hope they find out who was responsible and recover all the items.
Especially in light of the fact that I think 3 Afghan Army soldiers disappeared from their "station" in Massachusetts. With luck they're all drunk in a strip club somewhere. Let's hope. ISIL, ISIS, IS, whatever...these guys are serious about war on the west. I do think this is an important story. I think it could loose its High Road nature but I think everyone in the community needs to be aware of this.
Old September 23, 2014, 11:01 AM   #136
Willie Sutton

Considering that this isn't just a routine robbery of some pistols and long guns but rather very expensive full autos and silencers

Actually... if you read the descrioptions of the arms stolen, they are all likely Post-86 dealer samples and are worth financially... about the same amount as the semi autos that they were converted from. . Tantals, anything Century, etc... all post 86 "local conversions by a Type 07 FFL" which are worth about zero on the open market. They are usually disposed of after a 07 closes up by bandsawing them and selling them as parts kits.

Inside job, zero doubt.

Willie

Old September 23, 2014, 11:27 AM   #137
Tommygunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierQ View Post
Especially in light of the fact that I think 3 Afghan Army soldiers disappeared from their "station" in Massachusetts. With luck they're all drunk in a strip club somewhere. Let's hope. ISIL, ISIS, IS, whatever...these guys are serious about war on the west. I do think this is an important story. I think it could loose its High Road nature but I think everyone in the community needs to be aware of this.
If it eases your mind those Afghan soldiers were discovered at Niagara Falls, apparently trying to get into Canada, seeking "asylum."
So You won't have to worry about Thompson wielding Afghani soldiers shooting up the place.
OTOH I can make no guarantees concerning what the real thieves might do ....
Old September 23, 2014, 12:42 PM   #138
CoRoMo

Quote:
So either we got some seriously lucky garden variety burglars, some very careful and thorough professionals, or some sort of fishy inside-job.
I vote for the first example.

Because had this been done by the #2 type, the trailer would never had been found.

The third example might probably be the least likely. An NFA dealer/manuf. would be out of their mind to draw this type of attention to themselves. They would know how useless stolen suppressors and MGs would be. Every serial number that was in that trailer would become worthless, valueless, purposeless, kryptonite, and the dealer would know this. But stranger things have happened.

I imagine that a low-life thief saw an opportunity to steal an available trailer and sell it across a state line, but when they opened it up... they said, "Forget the trailer!!! Looky here!!" If they are as stupid as they often tend to be, they will soon walk into a pawn shop and try and sell one of those guns or silencers, and it'll all come down to their surprise.
Old September 23, 2014, 12:54 PM   #139
dab102999

I am having a hard time opening the link...Is this the robbery where the owner was shot dead or is that a different robbery in Indiana?
Old September 23, 2014, 01:53 PM   #140
Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab102999 View Post
I am having a hard time opening the link...Is this the robbery where the owner was shot dead or is that a different robbery in Indiana?
I believe this is a different robbery.

Here is a link to a video http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...indy-gun-store
Old September 23, 2014, 04:06 PM   #141
HoosierQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygunn View Post
If it eases your mind those Afghan soldiers were discovered at Niagara Falls, apparently trying to get into Canada, seeking "asylum."
So You won't have to worry about Thompson wielding Afghani soldiers shooting up the place.
OTOH I can make no guarantees concerning what the real thieves might do ....
I gotta admit, it does ease my mind. Let's face it, 9/11 did happen and the members of the Afghan Army have not proven to have what I would call esprit d'corps or a sense of comradeship with US personnel.
Old September 23, 2014, 04:06 PM   #142
Hurryin' Hoosier

When I heard about that robbery I figured it was probably at Dave's Guns. Guess he's not the only idiot in Indianapolis.
Old September 23, 2014, 04:09 PM   #143
HoosierQ

Well this may wrap up quickly. Police found some of the guns at the residence of a "convicted felon". Looks like the garden variety idiot burglar scenario is playing out here. That $15,000 reward for a tip may be on its way to somebody's bank account right now!

I really hate criminals!
Old September 23, 2014, 04:21 PM   #144
dprice3844444

i hope atf runs this fathead over the coals for be so stupid in securing the weapons
Old September 23, 2014, 04:36 PM   #145
nipprdog

Quote:
When I heard about that robbery I figured it was probably at Dave's Guns.
Did you mean Don's Guns?
Old September 23, 2014, 05:05 PM   #146
JN01

Quote:
i hope atf runs this fathead over the coals for be so stupid in securing the weapons
That would be the pot calling the kettle black.
Old September 23, 2014, 06:53 PM   #147
alsaqr

Only the most irresponsible firearms dealer puts:

Quote:
3 M16 type fully automatic rifles
2 full auto AK47s
A Beretta Auto Sear machine gun
A Century Arms machine gun
5 HK MP5 type sub-machine guns
A Century Arms Tantal machine gun
A full auto Thompson 1928A1 sub-machine gun
A full auto UZI sub-machine gun
An Ohio Ordinance 249 SAW belt fed full auto machine gun
in a trailer parked behind the shop. The BATFE should take a long look at this guy.
Old September 23, 2014, 07:06 PM   #148
Hurryin' Hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipprdog View Post
Did you mean Don's Guns?
Woops! I did, indeed. "I don't care about making money, friends. I just luuuuuuv to sell guns!"
Old September 24, 2014, 11:54 PM   #149
medalguy
Contributing Member

Whether these were post samples or not isn't rally relevant to their street value. If they are not possessed by the registered owner, it doesn't make any difference who does possess them. What is an M16 worth on the street? Whether it was on a Form 4 or a post sample is irrelevant to gang bangers.