Quantcast
THR Anniversary Knife Available - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 9, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Derek Zeanah
System Administrator

THR Anniversary Knife Available

We're going to be ten years old this year, and to commemorate we've talked Kim Breed into making us custom knives for the occasion. More details and a link are available here.

We've been talking about it in the NFW section for a while, but the audience for this is all of THR, not just the knife geeks.

I'm not a knife guy so I can't really answer any details, but we've tried to offer a great value on a high quality piece, and I believe we've succeeded.
... the Constitutional text forthrightly promises that 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' No amount of artful linguistic acrobatics or fanciful historical tales can rub those plain words out of the text. -- ACLU, in their amicus brief in DC vs Heller
Old November 9, 2012, 09:26 PM   #2
hso

Quote:
not just the knife geeks.
I resemble that remark!

This is a hand made knife crafted by Kim Breed. Kim is a well known author in the knife community, trainer, American Bladesmith Society blade smith, fellow THR member, and retired Special Forces Master Sergeant. Kim has made group buy knives for NFW members here at THR and was happy to make this commemorative knife when we asked him to.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.

Last edited by hso; November 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old November 9, 2012, 10:44 PM   #3
Derek Zeanah
System Administrator

Quote:
and retired Special Forces Master Sergeant
Does that mean he's 5'6 and 110lbs or so then?
... the Constitutional text forthrightly promises that 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' No amount of artful linguistic acrobatics or fanciful historical tales can rub those plain words out of the text. -- ACLU, in their amicus brief in DC vs Heller
Old November 10, 2012, 12:12 PM   #4
hso

A little taller.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old November 10, 2012, 12:28 PM   #5
bikerdoc

I got mine last week. I can assure you this is a well made, quality knife. A user in every sense of the word., plus real good looking.

I only have so many heartbeats left. I am not wasting them on things that are not fun.
VCDL, member, Curmudgeon
Old November 10, 2012, 04:14 PM   #6
Dnaltrop

Nice looking knife, I wish I had the money for one, but I just wiped out my entire DeLisle-build fund with a $2400 transmission job on the Wagon.

So bloody close... and yet so far.

www.ednf.org
Old November 10, 2012, 07:56 PM   #7
bikerdoc

Quote:
Does that mean he's 5'6
Hey, I am 5'6" and so is John Shirley.

I only have so many heartbeats left. I am not wasting them on things that are not fun.
VCDL, member, Curmudgeon
Old November 10, 2012, 08:15 PM   #8
Derek Zeanah
System Administrator

Yeah, but John's short! And so very very cuddly...
Old December 15, 2012, 10:34 AM   #9
Brian Williams
Moderator Emeritus

here is mine
Old December 17, 2012, 02:22 PM   #10
beaucoup ammo

That's a Christmas gift if ever there was one!! It's so good to be back after an all too lengthy illness (but I'm still here!) and see things like this.

I'll see who's been naughty and nice and get back. Date for a gift? May be too late. If so that's my fault. However, it makes for a great Birthday gift!
Old December 17, 2012, 02:28 PM   #11
theboyscout

how much did you pay for yours? i dont see a way to buy it
Old December 17, 2012, 02:34 PM   #12
beaucoup ammo

In my quest for the same intel, I clicked on the addy in Post #1. Should answer all your questions...
Old December 17, 2012, 02:35 PM   #13
cyclopsshooter

$155 but I think Colt oughta have a THR Anv roll stamp for a slab sides
Old December 17, 2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Derek Zeanah
System Administrator

Quote:
$155 but I think Colt oughta have a THR Anv roll stamp for a slab sides
If I thought there was demand for it I'd be thrilled to have the S&W custom shop throw together some scandium commanders. Assuming, of course, buyers are willing to overlook the heresy of an external extractor...

Maybe for the 15 year anniversary...
Old March 24, 2013, 02:25 PM   #15
TroyR

Anyone know when this will be back in stock?
Old March 25, 2013, 08:43 PM   #16
hso

They're made as orders go in.

Old March 25, 2013, 11:09 PM   #17
ceylonc

Thanks for the interest in the THR.org 10th Anniversary Knives. They are ABSOLUTELY still available for order. We had a snafu in our inventory management software over the weekend & it indicated that we are "out of stock" of the knives. The problem has been fixed & you can now log onto the website & place an order.

Like Derek mentioned, Mr. Breed builds these knives one at a time. Once the order is placed, he can usually turn the knife out in 7-10 days.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
Old March 26, 2013, 12:02 AM   #18
TroyR

Thanks and thats awesome...I will be making this order in a couple days...Very nice looking knife.
Old April 13, 2013, 08:01 AM   #19
MikeS.

Got mine yesterday. A very nice knife.
PM of Triluminar Lodge #117 GL of WV.
Noble of Osiris Shrine, Bethesda #16 R.A.M
A.&A.S.R 32*, Tall Cedars of Lebanon
Old April 15, 2013, 11:25 PM   #20
Paulgibs

Got mine today. Beautiful knife.
Old June 28, 2013, 08:54 PM   #21
Boocoo

Knife

Can you post a link for knife. Can't find
Old June 28, 2013, 10:25 PM   #22
Derek Zeanah
System Administrator

Here you go:

http://deltaoutdoorsman.com/scart/in...&productId=233
Old June 30, 2013, 12:06 AM   #23
BullfrogKen
Moderator Pluribus

There really are awesome little blades.

NRA Expert - Highpower Rifle, Across-the-Course
NRA Expert - Highpower Rifle, Mid-Range Prone

Love THR? Help support it (and never see advertisements again) by becoming a Contributing Member.
http://www.thehighroad.org/payments.php
Old July 1, 2013, 12:08 PM   #24
mwmjones

Can we request a different color grip or is it only the green color?
Old July 2, 2013, 04:11 PM   #25
hso

You can contact Kim directly and ask him to make one like it for his going rate instead of the group price.