Quantcast
Anyone here use a Sinclair Bottle Adapter on their Redding 10X? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 24, 2015, 11:34 AM   #1
hanno
Contributing Member

Anyone here use a Sinclair Bottle Adapter on their Redding 10X?

I use a Redding 10X powder measure and always empty the powder back into the original bottle after finished with the reloading session.

The Sinclair Bottle Adapter looks like a pretty neat way to just keep the powder measure filled with powder all the time. I figured I could just cover it with a black sock to shield out the light when not in use.

From the looks of it, the Sinclair Adapter appears to provide a baffle function as well.

Anyone have any experience with these?
Old March 24, 2015, 07:27 PM   #2
cfullgraf

I have a Redding 10-X modified to work on a progressive press. I bought one of the Sinclair adapters after I broke the Redding reservoir and the Redding replacement was out of stock.

I decided to try the Sinclair adapter, besides, the larger capacity might be useful on the progressive.

The adapter works. It fits well and is well made. It uses the Redding reservoir screws to hold the adapter in place.

The "baffle feature" is a hole in the center of the adapter about 5/8" or so in diameter. Problem is, it is directly over the metering cavity as the measure is cycled.

I had some trouble with the charge weight creeping up over time but I will admit I have not used the Sinclair reservoir very much, maybe 400-500 rounds. I received an original Redding reservoir so i have returned to it until I arrange an adjustment for the Sinclair adapter.

I have experienced similar drifts with other powder measures at one time or another so the problem should be fixable. I plan to fashion a baffle from aluminum that shields the hole in the adapter. Your experience may be different depending how you operate the powder measure.

I do not store powder in containers other than the original one that I purchased the powder in. Hence, I empty the powder measure at the end of every reloading session. But, what ever floats your boat.