Quantcast
Pay it Forward in Reloading - Page 77 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 1, 2014, 06:44 PM   #1901
clearcut

jimwill48 send me a PM I have some #4 & #6

CC
Old June 1, 2014, 07:41 PM   #1902
jimwill48

Clearcut...PM sent
Old June 1, 2014, 10:24 PM   #1903
usmc0811

38/357 brass anyone??

I just got into reloading last year and so far loaded only 45 acp rounds and .40 cal. I would like to start to try 38/357 but have no brass yet and before I go out and buy some I thought I would ask here if anybody has some they are willing to part with. Thanks in advance guys.
Old June 1, 2014, 11:20 PM   #1904
Kuyong_Chuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy II View Post
Be on its way Wed have couple of things need done tomorrow so will get it in mail soon as possible
Did these get mailed out? I have not seen them as of yet.

When working with wood you measure twice and cut once. When reloading ammo you triple check everything load once then check again.

Joey
Old June 2, 2014, 09:09 PM   #1905
el indio

ksimons, received the brass today. thank you. i have already cleaned and sorted it. i will mail 100 mixed 40 s&w cases i found laying around. will get them out this week.
Old June 2, 2014, 09:10 PM   #1906
el indio

TenDriver, received the cases today. Thanks. I will put them to good use.
Old June 3, 2014, 08:40 AM   #1907
TenDriver

Awesome. Complete fail on my part in getting them shipped.
Old June 3, 2014, 11:11 AM   #1908
Edster12

Location: Central Maine--other wise known at the Frozen North
ksimons, received the brass today. thank you --- gonna have to wait till the weekend before I get to do anything though
Old June 3, 2014, 05:18 PM   #1909
clearcut

jimwill48 shot sent USPS. PM'd track No.
Old June 3, 2014, 10:19 PM   #1910
Centurian22

Could anyone make use of a bunch of Remington high brass 12ga 2 3/4" (I think), Win 'AA' 12ga 2 3/4" low brass, Win white box 12ga 2 3/4" low brass, and Herter's 12ga 2 3/4" low brass empty once fired shells? It would be just over a month before I could mail them but I need to know by tomorrow (Wed) 10am if its worth saving them. Close to 100 total shells mostly the low brass. Let me know.

Old June 3, 2014, 11:37 PM   #1911
blarby
Contributing Member

I could really use those remy hulls to load fowl loads for a buddy !

Like PIF to PIF !

The Reloading section Pay it Forward thread. Here
Old June 4, 2014, 09:04 AM   #1912
Centurian22

Blarby they're yours. Just sorted them out and there were *correction* 13 high brass Remy's and 3 high brass Hornady black shells also. Like I said it will be just over a month before I can mail them because I'm away from home for now but PM me your address and I will get them to ya.

Last edited by Centurian22; June 4, 2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old June 4, 2014, 05:05 PM   #1913
el indio

ksimons, mailed 100 40s&w cases. you should have them by monday.
Old June 4, 2014, 05:07 PM   #1914
el indio

BoltLover, mailed 11 30-06 cases. You should have them by Friday. That's all that I had to send. Joe
Old June 4, 2014, 06:12 PM   #1915
BoltLover

Thanks Joe
Old June 5, 2014, 05:02 PM   #1916
Kuyong_Chuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy II View Post
My son went shooting with friends, told him to return my brass so he brought everything back from the days shoot. Any body need some 40 S&W mixed (Speer/R-P/Winchester/ Hornady), about 113 pieces, 9mm mixed (Blazer/Perfecta/?) about 240 +-, and some Berdan primed steel case 7.62x39 about 6 3/4lbs ( I refuse to count anymore) any, all, let me know, has not been polished.
Received the brass Tuesday. Found them on the front porch when I got home but the power had went off some time before I got home. They got it back on late Wednesday then the storm knocked it back out a little after midnight last night and they just got it back on again a little while ago. Hope it stays on for awhile now. Thanks for the brass and the 1 7.62x39 case that was lose in the box. Gives me a test case to try convert to boxer primer. Going to check on some lead to PIF with soon.

When working with wood you measure twice and cut once. When reloading ammo you triple check everything load once then check again.

Joey
Old June 5, 2014, 08:06 PM   #1917
Steve2md

MSTREDDY,

I got the 50 .380 lead projos in the mail yesterday. Tossed em in a pot of boiling water today to remove the lube, then powdercoated them and loaded them up for my G42!! Thanks!!
Old June 5, 2014, 08:12 PM   #1918
mstreddy

Steve, glad you finally got them. Wow, USPS must have routed those via the long way around the world.
Old June 5, 2014, 08:13 PM   #1919
Steve2md

Indeed. He knocked on my door and demanded 55 cents extra postage!!
Old June 5, 2014, 09:33 PM   #1920
mstreddy

Are you kidding? I had run it through the postal postage system... I tell you, sometimes it's better to go the Flat Rate box route. Well, glad you got them, let me know your load, as I have some that I haven't loaded yet.
Old June 5, 2014, 09:44 PM   #1921
Steve2md

I used 2.9gr of bullseye with a small pistol magnum primer. Max is 3.1 with a sp std primer. Shoots good out of my ppk, haven't tried it in the Glock yet
Old June 6, 2014, 05:47 AM   #1922
Kuyong_Chuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstreddy View Post
Steve, glad you finally got them. Wow, USPS must have routed those via the long way around the world.
USPS always takes the long way around. I have ordered things that left St Louis MO, went 250 miles west to KC MO. From there went to Memphis TN then to Birmingham AL. It left there and went to Atlanta GA before coming back to Nashville TN where it sat for three days before it went to Columbia Tennessee then here to the house. By the time they went from St Louis to KC MO they could have been just about been in Nashville. And they wonder why they are in losing money.

Joey
Old June 6, 2014, 12:43 PM   #1923
blarby
Contributing Member

Could be worse !

In all of my distractions last week, I sent an outgoing package to a fellow THR member... to my office.

:/

Was very surprised to see his package on my desk at work, especially considering it was past due already.

Best of intentions and all that.... But my sincerest apologies, revolvergeek !

The Reloading section Pay it Forward thread. Here
Old June 6, 2014, 02:31 PM   #1924
Potatohead
Contributing Member

That's hilarious, maybe I should try that, send something to myself so I'll be excited to get a pkg
Old June 6, 2014, 04:45 PM   #1925
bob4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatohead View Post
That's hilarious, maybe I should try that, send something to myself so I'll be excited to get a pkg
Funny stuff .