Quantcast
Mac-11 with SB15 wrist brace? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Rifle Country

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 30, 2014, 04:20 PM   #1
War Squirrel

Mac-11 with SB15 wrist brace?

Would an adapter like this with an SB15 wrist brace slid over the it be legal?
Old August 30, 2014, 04:22 PM   #2
dogmush

Probably, but I'd want my own determination letter. That's outside the one that ships with a sb-15.
Old August 30, 2014, 04:23 PM   #3
War Squirrel

How would I go about asking the tech branch about this? Anyone got any experience?
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM   #4
Fishbed77

Not with the VFG.
Old Yesterday, 04:04 AM   #5
MrTuffPaws

If the gun isn't a SBR, then no due to the vertical fore grip on a "pistol". If it is a SBR then why bother with the brace.
Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM   #6
gotboostvr

I don't think so, as it seems like it wouldn't work "as intended" as a pistol brace.
The pistol grip and brace would be offset too much to work properly.
Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM   #7
dogmush

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Squirrel View Post
How would I go about asking the tech branch about this? Anyone got any experience?
Just write them and ask. Include a clear description of what you want to do, pictures and or model numbers, and the clearest description of how you want to assemble the parts.

In this case, I would mention that you will use a pistol buffer tube and it wouldn't readily accept a stock.

Send to:

Firearms Technology Branch
244 Needy Road Martinsburg,
West Virginia 25405 USA

Voice: (304) 616-4300

Or call them and ask how one would get a letter.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #8
War Squirrel

Ok dogmush, I'll do just that this afternoon and post the results when I receive a response. Thanks for the information.

In terms of feasibility, an inline buffer tube mount such as this would be more practical I think.
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #9
dogmush

Actually, looking at the second pic, it seems like the SB-15 would be more useful as designed (strapped to your wrist) on a MAC then an AR.

Shouldering is, of course, optional.
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM   #10
War Squirrel

Lol I think you're right.
Check this out too.

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddeta...?prod=SF-ARAD2