Quantcast
is there a better place to buy a dillon 650 than grafs? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old January 29, 2016, 10:49 PM   #1
greyling22

is there a better place to buy a dillon 650 than grafs?

Like the title says, is there a better/cheaper place to buy a dillon 650 than grafs? Pricing seems to be about the same everywhere, but grafs shipping appears cheapest.

just getting the press, spare toolhead and caliber conversion and some primer tubes.
Old January 29, 2016, 10:50 PM   #2
dragon813gt

Brian Enos
Old January 29, 2016, 11:20 PM   #3
Terlingueno

I second Brian Enos
Old January 30, 2016, 12:14 AM   #4
ArchAngelCD

Grafs has the same exact price as Brian Enos, less shipping costs but most importantly Grafs has the 650 in stock while Brian Enos doesn't. I would say in this case the OP has chosen the best place to buy, Graf and Sons.
Old January 30, 2016, 12:23 AM   #5
NeuseRvrRat

Aren't they pretty much the same price everywhere? I was lucky enough to have a LGS that carried Dillon equipment. Same price as online, saved me the shipping.
Old January 30, 2016, 12:27 AM   #6
ArchAngelCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuseRvrRat View Post
Aren't they pretty much the same price everywhere? I was lucky enough to have a LGS that carried Dillon equipment. Same price as online, saved me the shipping.
It's usually a trade off. At the local store you save the shipping but pay the sales tax upfront.
Old January 30, 2016, 12:31 AM   #7
NeuseRvrRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelCD View Post
It's usually a trade off. At the local store you save the shipping but pay the sales tax upfront.
Yeah, I forgot that. The local store does give instant gratification, which has got to be worth something, right!?!?
Old January 30, 2016, 01:06 AM   #8
greyling22

thanks for the replies guys.

as an aside, I've spent my whole life on lee equipment, and comparatively, this blue stuff is scary expensive.
Old January 30, 2016, 01:19 AM   #9
NeuseRvrRat

Worth every penny to me. Dillon's service after the sale is second to none.
Old January 30, 2016, 05:54 AM   #10
ArchAngelCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuseRvrRat View Post
Yeah, I forgot that. The local store does give instant gratification, which has got to be worth something, right!?!?
Oh for sure taking the new toy home right now is well worth something. I feel ya!
Old January 30, 2016, 07:09 AM   #11
Steelworker

Grafs is GTG. Shipping is quick. Are you getting the casefeeder?
Old January 30, 2016, 08:42 AM   #12
PCFlorida

You are going to love the 650. I've had mine about 10 years and it is awesome.

Go Blue!!
Old January 30, 2016, 08:42 AM   #13
LeftyTSGC

Trying calling Dillon Direct and see if you can work a discount.
Old January 30, 2016, 09:39 AM   #14
Artofgolf
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTSGC View Post
Trying calling Dillon Direct and see if you can work a discount.
If not with Dillon Direct, Extreme Reloading is offering a 5% discount thru their affiliation with UniqueTek.

Dillon Presses & Press Accessories
5% Discount
Extreme Reloading logo
UniqueTek is pleased to announce a new affiliate program with Extreme Reloading. Just enter Discount Code UT16 during checkout and a 5% discount will be applied to all Dillon presses and press accessories. This discount does not apply to any other products. This discount code is good for all purchases you make during 2016!

Click Here to go to the Extreme Reloading web site. http://www.extremereloadingnv.com/re...ion/perpage/38
Discount Code: UT16
Old January 30, 2016, 10:35 AM   #15
greyling22

awww, I was all set to try extreme reloading Artofgolf, but they're out of stock.

I"m going to pass on the casefeeder, at least for now. I have a spare lee case collator and tubes, and I've seen a couple interesting mods online where you just attach that to the top of the dillon case feeder apparatus and go. Looks intriguing. I'm also planning on not using the dillon powder measure either. I'll be using the lee auto drum, permanently mounted to the toolhead. It has worked very well for me thus far on my lee stuff.

Lefty, is there actually any hope of dillon doing a discount? have you ever heard of anybody getting one?
Old January 30, 2016, 10:58 AM   #16
doubleh

What's wrong with direct from Dillion? Price is the same.
Old January 30, 2016, 11:31 AM   #17
greyling22

Shipping is a lot more. And you wind up getting their mag forever.
Old January 30, 2016, 01:04 PM   #18
joem1945

Your going to need the case feeder to take full advantage of the 650. Also, Get the low powder sensor and safety powder check. The 650 is so fast it's easy to run out of powder. Ask me how I know. I've had mine for almost 20 years and have loaded many, many rounds with it. Get a SS press to do the decap and sizing operations which are pretty dirty operations.
Old January 30, 2016, 03:06 PM   #19
mrayw

650 casefeeder

I use Hornady lnl's and RCBS progressives. But if buying a 650 it would be silly not to get case feeder. I do believe the Dillon case feeder is by far the best since watching buddy use his.
Old January 30, 2016, 03:28 PM   #20
Artofgolf
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyling22 View Post
awww, I was all set to try extreme reloading Artofgolf, but they're out of stock. ...
Out of curiosity, I gave them a call. CS said they don't normally stock them, but will ship in 3-5 days when an order is placed. Looks like they have a drop-ship arrangement with Dillon, IMO.
Old January 31, 2016, 02:56 PM   #21
Beach Bum

What is the prices you have been quoted ?
With the case feeder
Old February 1, 2016, 11:05 PM   #22
highlander 5

I could be wrong here but I think postage on the 650 is free if you order direct from Dillon.
Old February 1, 2016, 11:13 PM   #23
Paddy

Case feeder vs bullet feeder: bullet feeder FTW

Go to grafs they have everything and great prices.

Last edited by Paddy; February 2, 2016 at 03:27 AM.
Old February 2, 2016, 12:24 AM   #24
greyling22

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander 5 View Post
I could be wrong here but I think postage on the 650 is free if you order direct from Dillon.
It was $25 when I added a 650 to my cart.
Old February 2, 2016, 08:32 PM   #25
Superluckycat

Enos has cheaper shipping: $16.99. I just ordered one a week and a half ago. They also ship directly from Dillon.