Quantcast
Fiocchi 223 brass reloadable? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 8, 2015, 10:19 AM   #1
sigsmoker
Contributing Member

Fiocchi 223 brass reloadable?

I was reading through old threads and saw that flash holes were off center in this ammo and depriming pins get broken.
I split an order of 1000 with my shooting buddy but have not shot any yet.
Is this still the case with this brass? I could care less about reloading them since the work involved hardly makes it cost saving to me, but he might be disappointed and I want to give him a heads up if this is an issue.

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

PATTON

Last edited by sigsmoker; April 8, 2015 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Fiocchi was mispelled
Old April 8, 2015, 11:31 AM   #2
otisrush

I've reloaded it. Not sure how many....but no broken on yet. I don't think it is considered high quality. But it goes bang every time for me. Primer pockets are pretty tight.
Old April 8, 2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Rule3

I do not have any personally and would have to look at it. That said, they have been making ammo for a long long time and would not think their ammo is inferior,

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/183...max-ammunition
Old April 8, 2015, 03:15 PM   #4
mstreddy

I've loaded a couple hundred of their brass in 223 and no issues.
Old April 8, 2015, 04:05 PM   #5
GLOOB

Never had any issue with Fiocchi in 223.
Old April 8, 2015, 10:19 PM   #6
Dudedog
Contributing Member

Reloaded ok once I got the primers out. Some were ok some had flash holes way off center.....

Pics here
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=748343
Old April 8, 2015, 11:23 PM   #7
KansasSasquatch

Use a cheap Lee Universal depriming die. If you break that depriming the brass, you're being too ham-fisted.
Old April 8, 2015, 11:37 PM   #8
Hondo 60
Contributing Member

I haven't noticed off-center flash holes.
My Fiocchi & GFL brass have been reloaded 4 or 5 times.

No problems here.

If you enjoy THR, why not contribute?
http://www.thehighroad.org/payments.php
Old April 9, 2015, 10:06 AM   #9
rogn

I bought abunch of "Perfecta" 223 ammo from Walmart at a ridiculous price. A little research revealed it was manufactured by Fiocchi and distributed by Tulammo. It shot well, was reliable, reasonably accurate, and functioned well. It was fairly dirty though. On a whim I neck sized a few cases and tested feeding and extraction and surprisingly they worked well. I have extended this testing with the cases being run thru a Lee collet die, up to 5 loadings with no malfunctions. Accuracy of roads is on a par with Other brass sa LC. The "staked" primers are not done well and staking probably doesn't work well, but it cleaned up easily. If I can find more of the Stuff I intend to buy a bunch of it.
Old April 9, 2015, 12:03 PM   #10
sigsmoker
Contributing Member

KansasSasquatch:
Quote:
Use a cheap Lee Universal depriming die. If you break that depriming the brass, you're being too ham-fisted.
I will do just that and discard any off center trouble makers. Thanks everyone for the info. I expect a hit and miss situation depending on the lot.

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

PATTON
Old April 9, 2015, 03:35 PM   #11
Rule3

You may like to read about Fiocchi here in the USA.

http://fiocchi.gunsamerica.com/about/

http://fiocchi.gunsamerica.com/ammun...re-msrvarmint/
Old April 16, 2015, 01:56 PM   #12
tcoz
Contributing Member

I've reloaded plenty of their 300 BLK cases without a problem.