Quantcast
Big loop Marlins - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Rifle Country

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 17, 2015, 11:35 AM   #1
Dinosaur1

Big loop Marlins

Does anyone know if the big loop levers on the new Marlins will fit into the older Mod. 1894's. I'd like to switch mine out because you can't use the old lever with gloves. It seems like they should but there could be changes.
Old June 17, 2015, 02:33 PM   #2
MEHavey

The Marlin big-loops are all currently on their Model 1895s.
Looking at them overlaid, the `94 and `95 levers are completely different.
Old June 17, 2015, 03:19 PM   #3
Dinosaur1

Thanks M. Whenever I hunt with mine in cold weather I have to bite off a glove to get off shots so I'd like to change it out. Thought maybe the levers were interchangeable.
Old June 17, 2015, 03:23 PM   #4
MEHavey

These guys will convert your existing `94 loop to a BIG[ger] Loop.
http://www.mulemangunworks.com/mule-...custom-levers/
Old June 19, 2015, 11:21 AM   #5
Sheepdog1968

Call Wild West guns in Las Vegas. They should have one you can buy or they can convert yours.
Old June 19, 2015, 06:32 PM   #6
jayhawker76

They come in big loop 336's as well. I have a matching set of a 336 big loop in .30-30 and 1895 big loop guide gun in .45-70. Both came from the factory that way.
Old June 19, 2015, 10:48 PM   #7
Cee Zee

I grew up watching Steve McQueen on Wanted: Dead or Alive shooting his mare's leg very effectively. I liked them as a kid but of course grew to understand there are better ways of doing things. Still I've wanted a big loop Marlin since they came out. They made some very nice looking models IMO even though I'm not sure they will still look that good in 20 years like a good rifle should. Still it's the only lever gun that really works for me. My hands are just too big for the normal size loops. Of course I know they weren't the first big loop rifles. I liked John Wayne in Stagecoach too obviously. That movie and the Winchester Model 92 he carried made Wayne the star he became. There were other big movies for him before that but that opening scene where he spun that '92 made him a household name. But I never actually saw one of those rifles anywhere. Everyone I knew used Marlin .30-30's for deer hunting because that was the cheapest way to go. What can I say, my friends were poor. But it has created an attachment to the Marlins for me. And I've wanted a 1895 with a big loop since I first saw one. I almost bought one but bought a CZ instead. Not a bad choice really. Not bad at all.
Old June 19, 2015, 11:37 PM   #8
jeepnik

WWG is in Vegas.? I thought they were in Alaska. Have the folks turned into snow birds?
Old June 20, 2015, 07:54 AM   #9
Salmoneye

http://www.mulemangunworks.com/mule-...custom-levers/
That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State--and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.
Old June 20, 2015, 11:40 PM   #10
Sheepdog1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnik View Post
WWG is in Vegas.? I thought they were in Alaska. Have the folks turned into snow birds?
Expanded to Vegas. Made shipping and logistics easier. Son of father runs it. Nice place and folks were friendly. Turn time on work is very good.
Old June 21, 2015, 10:57 AM   #11
jeepnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog1968 View Post
Expanded to Vegas. Made shipping and logistics easier. Son of father runs it. Nice place and folks were friendly. Turn time on work is very good.
Thanks for the info.