Quantcast
Belt Suspenders - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Firearm Accessories

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 17, 2014, 09:49 PM   #1
Ray03

Belt Suspenders

Hello THR,

I need help finding some good suspenders for my blackhawk patrol belt. My belt holds a pretty significant amount of weight, which doesn't bother me except it tends to sink down on my hips. The suspenders I need have to be able to worn under a plate carrier. If anyone has any suggestions or knowledge to kick it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Old March 17, 2014, 10:17 PM   #2
351 WINCHESTER

Perry Suspenders Chicago. Been wearing them for several decades. Never leave home w/o them.
Old March 17, 2014, 10:28 PM   #3
Tilos

My favorites are side clips like these
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...ers/92992.aspx

Lots of variations at that site, check 'em out
Old March 18, 2014, 01:15 AM   #4
rcmodel

For me?

Perry Suspenders for me too!!
They don't let go till you decide it's time for them to let go!

Suspenders clips pull off your pants, when You MOST need them not too!!
They stay clipped the rest of the time fine.

It's the 1% of the time when they must not!
They do!

http://www.perrysuspenders.com/persus.html

rc
Old March 18, 2014, 08:52 AM   #5
Jim Watson

I am at present wearing a pair of Hold Ups.
Their clips only look like regular "slip offs", they have a pin that pierces the waistband and is clamped tight. I don't see any way for these to come off except by tearing cloth.
http://www.suspenders.com/

I have done well with the Perry's too.

There are also suspenders that snap loops clear around the belt.
Here is one brand that came up on search, but there are others.

http://www.optactical.com/atslowprsu.html
Old March 18, 2014, 05:45 PM   #6
Tallbald

Well I would like to throw in my thoughts is it's OK please. Last year I needed to begin wearing suspenders because honestly I have no.....uh.......butt. I had put on weight and had to cinch up my belt in order to keep my jeans from sliding down. I looked like one of those trick balloons you twist to make little animals. Started looking for tall men's suspenders and darn they can be expensive. I wanted functional heavy duty suspenders too, to support my pocket carried SP101.
Here's what I did. Went to Home Depot and bought a nice set of black utility suspenders with strong clip type fixtures. They have them in the toolbox and tool belt area. They are heavy nylon web from the back center and strong elastic mid back down. They lay nice and flat, fit a tall man like me (6 feet 5 inches and 284 pounds) and a sweat shirt fits easily over them. Very little sticks out to catch on an over-shirt or sweater. And they cost less than $10. Because of the copyright worries I'll send the OP a link (hope I'm not being pushy). For the low cost you might want to try them out. Don.
ROA Club Member #24 on this forum
Old March 18, 2014, 06:35 PM   #7
Tilos

And then there's these that clip UNDER your BELT
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...ers/60526.aspx
Old March 23, 2014, 05:00 PM   #8
judgedelta
Contributing Member

Look at the Hickman suspenders. Fit over your belt loop and the belt goes through them. Material is heavy and very strong. Will not work with tunnel (wide) belt loops, but great with jeans. Made in Idaho. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=741860
Old March 23, 2014, 05:02 PM   #9
judgedelta
Contributing Member

Looking at your original posting, the Hickman suspenders probably wouldn't work since they have buckles that would be under your plate carrier.
Old March 23, 2014, 05:02 PM   #10
Elkins45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilos View Post
My favorites are side clips like these
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...ers/92992.aspx

Lots of variations at that site, check 'em out
I tried them but I found that the strap would work itself over the but of my gun when carried IWB. I went back to the Perry suspenders. Wal-Mart carries them now.

I don't own an assault weapon. I own a counter-assault weapon.
Old March 23, 2014, 09:51 PM   #11
351 WINCHESTER

I quit looking when I discovered Perry several decades ago, but I have seen some interesting rigs tonight. I've never had a problem with Perry and they are great people to deal with. They do make a heavy duty/big and tall series that hold up well.
Old March 24, 2014, 09:41 AM   #12
Ray03

Thanks!

I really appreciate everyone's input, I ended up finding a set of Spec Ops brand suspenders at my LGS. They secure perfectly to my belt and don't have any annoying buckles that rub when I have my plate carrier on. Thanks again!