Quantcast
Vortex Scope - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Firearm Accessories

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 26, 2014, 05:37 PM   #1
greyghost01

Vortex Scope

Im considering a 6.5-20x50 Vortex scope anybody have one, The BDC is the one Im considering. Putting it on a SIG 716 DMR
Any info or advise on this scope welcome Thanks
Old September 26, 2014, 09:17 PM   #2
greyling22

Which one? Viper, razor, crossfire?

But generally speaking, vortex makes a lot of scope for their price point, and their warranty and CS is great.
Old September 26, 2014, 10:36 PM   #3
greyghost01

The viper in BDC is what I was looking at
Old September 26, 2014, 11:44 PM   #4
greyling22

I had a viper for a while. I kind of regret selling it. It was better than my grand slam, my FF2, of my sightron s1. a 50mm scope is rather huge though. I have one and wish it was a 40mm instead, but that may just be me.

cameraland has a demo version of the scope you want for 399. http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/v...exviper6-20x50 I have used than before and they are solid.
Old September 27, 2014, 01:19 PM   #5
CB900F

Fella's;

I tried the BDC reticle and promptly sold it. To my mind, the mil-dot reticle offers more information in a wider variety of situations. I have no problems whatsoever with Vortex optics though. I note that they're on sale at this time and are offering some pretty good deals. Do keep in mind that the company sponsored sales are usually followed by discontinuing the product and something new being offered. And that can be a two-edged sword. On the one hand, the new thing may be a substantial improvement and well worth the cost. Then you say: Oh, I wish I'd have waited. On t'other hand, it may be merely a change to lower production costs, ie. moving to the Philippines or China, in which case buy now. You can bet the marketing department won't tell you which situation applies.

900F
Old September 29, 2014, 06:50 PM   #6
gamestalker

No more Vortex for me! I gave them a fair shot, nothing but problems, so it's back to my trouble free, life long relationship with Leupold.

GS
Old October 1, 2014, 10:08 PM   #7
Seabeeken

Vortex

I have 2 of the viper PST and I really like them. They are equipped with the illuminated MOA reticle and they work great. I have heard people say they are made in America but both of mine say Philippines on the underside of the scope. No issues at all with either one and they have a lifetime guarantee. They also track very well
Old October 4, 2014, 09:52 AM   #8
loose noose

I do like the BDC reticle on my Vortex Crossfire, which is a much less expensive scope , however the optic are as clear as my older Weaver, and my Leopold plus I can adjust very easily for the different ranges using my range finder and the BDC reticle.
Old October 5, 2014, 07:58 AM   #9
nuccx2001

I Recently purchased the Viper PST 1-4 and so, far I am very pleased.
Old October 5, 2014, 12:29 PM   #10
I6turbo

The only Vortex I have is the Viper 6.5-20x44. It has a quality feel, I like the optics a lot, I like the side focus, and I would not hesitate in the least to try another Vortex.