Quantcast
Need a Favor - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 4, 2014, 09:26 PM   #1
TenDriver

Need a Favor

This past weekend my brother in law lost a very close friend at a very young age. She had become part of our shooting group and had bought her first pistol not too long ago.

If y'all would, send a couple down range for her on your next shooting trip. I think she'd really appreciate that.

Thanks y'all!
Old November 4, 2014, 11:44 PM   #2
gunlaw

I'll make some noise in Missouri for ya brother. Very sorry for your loss.
Old November 4, 2014, 11:47 PM   #3
Drop45

I'll brave the rain tomorrow and send some .44mag into the berm in her memory.
Old November 5, 2014, 08:30 AM   #4
19-3Ben

Quote:
If y'all would, send a couple down range for her on your next shooting trip. I think she'd really appreciate that.
I was debating whether or not to go to the range today, and this just made my mind up for me. I've got two .22 rifles that need to have new scoped zeroed. There'll be a brick of .22 with her name on it.
Old November 5, 2014, 08:57 AM   #5
19-3Ben

Come to think of it, given the likely outcome of out election in CT, and that as fans of "V for Vendetta" will recognize, it is the 5th of November today, I think this deserves to be a big range trip. Pulling out the good stuff.
Old November 5, 2014, 10:27 AM   #6
TenDriver

Thanks folks. Y'all have fun doing it! We're all heading out either today or Monday for an uncharacteristic mag dump. 3 AR's, a Garand, and one SKS will make a lot of racket when blasting at the same time.
Old November 5, 2014, 12:45 PM   #7
On An Island

TenDriver, that's pretty cool. Putting together a "mad minute" for a shooting friend might just turn into something. Kudos.
10mm Club #36
Old November 5, 2014, 03:37 PM   #8
TenDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by On An Island View Post
TenDriver, that's pretty cool. Putting together a "mad minute" for a shooting friend might just turn into something. Kudos.
Thanks! I like it. This is a big loss for my brother in law but she would appreciate it too, I believe. None of us are wasteful mag dump type folks, but we can make an exception. Might even put some tannerite down there.
Old November 5, 2014, 03:46 PM   #9
Steve CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19-3Ben View Post
Come to think of it, given the likely outcome of out election in CT, and that as fans of "V for Vendetta" will recognize, it is the 5th of November today, I think this deserves to be a big range trip. Pulling out the good stuff.
Also in CT, and to mourn the tragically shortened life of a shooter, and protest our inability to overcome the Stupdity, I have a couple hundred rounds going downrange
Old November 5, 2014, 04:00 PM   #10
mstreddy

TenDriver, what did she like to shoot?
I can't make my usual range time this week, but will be out next week. If I have something she liked, I will include it in my range bag. And, if you don't mind sharing her name, via PM if you need to, I'll say a prayer for her before sending the rounds downrange.
Old November 5, 2014, 05:03 PM   #11
TenDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstreddy View Post
TenDriver, what did she like to shoot?
I can't make my usual range time this week, but will be out next week. If I have something she liked, I will include it in my range bag. And, if you don't mind sharing her name, via PM if you need to, I'll say a prayer for her before sending the rounds downrange.
Pretty much anything. She had recently bought a Smith M&P Subcompact Shield in 9mm (dunno if they come in other flavors).
Old November 5, 2014, 05:13 PM   #12
19-3Ben

Well, back from the range. It sounded like the Battle of the Somme while I was there. I think my fusillade at the end made for a fine grand finale.
Old November 5, 2014, 05:19 PM   #13
TenDriver

Awesome!
Old November 5, 2014, 05:31 PM   #14
gunlaw

Gotta have tannerite for a proper tribute.
Old November 5, 2014, 09:36 PM   #15
Drop45

50 rounds of 44mag down the pipe today, I'm sure she heard them.
Old November 5, 2014, 10:00 PM   #16
armedwalleye

Deer season opens here Saturday. Let me see what I can do. Might only be one boom, but it'll be a big 'un.
Old November 5, 2014, 10:07 PM   #17
mstreddy

OK, I don't have a Shield, but -- I bought one of my long-wished-for pieces this weekend - A GI stamped M1911 made in 1918. I will dedicate the first mag I will shoot in that old war horse in her honor.
That should be a fine christening...
Old November 6, 2014, 09:52 AM   #18
TenDriver

Sounds good guys. I appreciate it!
Old November 6, 2014, 07:31 PM   #19
LockedBreech

Today I ordered a Beretta 92S, purchased probably 10-20 years ago by an Italian police service and never issued, never fired outside the factory. I get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

The first round downrange will be my salute here in the Rocky Mountain Western U.S.

Always a somber moment to lose a shooter.
Beretta PX4 Type F .40 S&W | Beretta 92FS 9x19 Para | Beretta 92S 9x19 Para | Beretta 8040 Cougar Type G .40 S&W | RIA GI 1911 .45 ACP | Sig Sauer SP2022 9x19 Para | Sig Sauer P6 9x19 Para | Colt Python 4" .357 Mag. | Colt 1968 Det. Spec. .38 Spc. | Smith & Wesson M642 No-Lock .38 Spec. +P | Ruger LCP .380 ACP | Daniel Defense M4V1 5.56x45 | Alpine M1 Carbine .30 | Steyr M1895 8x56 | Ruger 10/22 .22LR |1943 Mosin M91/30 7.62x54R | Rem. 870 12GA
Old November 13, 2014, 01:06 AM   #20
mstreddy

TenDriver,

A few days later - but today I made it to the range. As promised, I said a prayer for your BIL's friend, and dedicated the first 2 mags (10 rounds) downrange out of my new-to-me US GI Colt M1911 made in 1918. I also shot my other new-to-me pistol, a Colt 1903 in 32 ACP and thought that she would have appreciated that little gun.

Prayers to your BIL and her family.

Eddy
Old November 13, 2014, 01:30 PM   #21
Salmoneye

Sorry I didn't get around to it today, but I did toss a few at targets with her in mind...
That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State--and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.