Quantcast
Hit this poll - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 6, 2014, 10:36 AM   #1
medalguy
Contributing Member

Hit this poll

Vote here in a poll on gun control: http://www.tnj.com/technology/micros...ack-to-windows

On the right side of the page in the small box.
Old July 6, 2014, 10:39 AM   #2
klcmschlesinger

done
Old July 6, 2014, 11:11 AM   #3
bannockburn

NO vote (will stricter gun control laws stop the rise in school shootings in the U.S.?), over YES vote 54% to 46%
Old July 6, 2014, 11:39 AM   #4
plexreticle

Another meaningless click-bait poll to drive web traffic and advertising revenue to a site I care nothing about?

No thanks.
Old July 6, 2014, 01:13 PM   #5
wally

Quote:
Another meaningless click-bait poll to drive web traffic and advertising revenue to a site I care nothing about
Perhaps, but if the anti's start wining these the media will be all over themselves promoting these "findings". When we win, they just quietly disappear.

Run Firefox with NoScript and an ad blocker, only let the polling script run.
Old July 6, 2014, 02:14 PM   #6
plexreticle

Nobody is going to report anything from these polls. These absolutely have no purpose except to bait in web traffic.
Old July 6, 2014, 02:22 PM   #7
Deltaboy

Voted
Old July 6, 2014, 05:09 PM   #8
hardluk1

Voted
Old July 6, 2014, 07:48 PM   #9
glove

Done deal
anyway.
Old July 7, 2014, 08:59 AM   #10
NoVA Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexreticle View Post
Nobody is going to report anything from these polls. These absolutely have no purpose except to bait in web traffic.
While I agree that they are used to bait in web traffic (on that note, so is almost every article on the web), I disagree that nobody reports on these. Yes, a major news network is not going to, but I have seen countless time where local politicians or local anti-gun groups have used these polls in an attempt influence/manipulate the masses. Many people form opinions based on the spoon-fed drivel they get from disingenuous sources. Let’s not give them the opportunity.
Old July 7, 2014, 09:11 AM   #11
Bexar

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexreticle View Post
They'll report them if they go their way. And they may be used internally to see who their actual customer base is. CNN has become more conservative lately...not Meagan Kelly yet but I was "What did he just say?" when Cuomo started bashing Obama the other day. NBC posted something on the recent Chicago shooting tally and got page after page of pro-gun comments to every anti. Last year it would have been about 50-50.

So yes...these polls do have an affect. "Wow!!! we got a 60-40 response we didn't expect...Maybe we need to look at our market."
Old July 7, 2014, 09:21 AM   #12
RetiredUSNChief

72% "No", with 361 votes in.

Statistically insignificant sampling.

I'm the guy with a cannon, too: http://youtu.be/X6xhYELYVDw
Old July 7, 2014, 09:44 AM   #13
Ranger Roberts
Contributing Member

Voted.

"A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject." - John R Lott
Old July 7, 2014, 09:50 AM   #14
19-3Ben

Voted. 73% no.
Old July 7, 2014, 09:52 AM   #15
ol' scratch

What a load of garbage. There is no rise in school shootings in the US. Voted
Old July 7, 2014, 11:57 AM   #16
Ryanxia

Voted.
74% our side.

Join NRA Today!

Takes 2 minutes to donate to NRA-ILA https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...re/donate.aspx
Bloomberg is spending, we can too. Every little bit helps.
Old July 7, 2014, 02:12 PM   #17
KarenTOC

Now 75-25, 400 votes
Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Mt 6:34
NRA, VCDL
Old July 7, 2014, 08:22 PM   #18
Quiet

Will stricter gun control laws stop the rise of school shootings in the U.S.?
Yes 24%
No 76%
Total votes: 430
Old July 8, 2014, 03:22 AM   #19
Lucky Derby

Done. We are currently at 77%
Old July 8, 2014, 02:34 PM   #20
RevDerb

77% no. 475 votes
Old July 8, 2014, 09:22 PM   #21
medalguy
Contributing Member

I wholeheartedly agree this is not a meaningful poll, and certainly not a significant sample size. And, this is not a forum I would ever read, except I saw a synopsis somewhere about the coming changes in Windows 8.1 and I wanted to read that article. In doing so, I stumbled across the poll on the sidebar and voted.

And yes, any time a poll shows the public, ANY public, voting in favor of firearms restrictions, that just adds another stick to the fire the anti's keep stoking. I think we need to hit every single poll that we run across and make our position known. Who knows, we may not be in the majority on all these issues, but we can certainly yell at the top of our lungs and make it SOUND like we're the majority.

No one ever said any poll is an accurate measure of the entire country, but if a poll leans a certain way, those favoring that position will sure take advantage of that fact.
Old July 9, 2014, 07:29 AM   #22
SigP229R

The No's have it 79 to 21!
Old July 11, 2014, 01:49 AM   #23
kvtcomdo

Despite some forum skeptism.

I voted anyway.

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Ben Franklin
NRA Benefactor life; TSRA Life; GOA Life: CCRKBA Life: US Army 1972-80
Old July 11, 2014, 02:39 AM   #24
BLB68

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredUSNChief View Post
72% "No", with 361 votes in.

Statistically insignificant sampling.
Show your math.
Old July 11, 2014, 03:16 AM   #25
RetiredUSNChief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB68 View Post
Show your math.
OK, game on!

Current population of the United States: 317 million. % sampled at the time of my posting: 1.139 x 10^-4 %.

Current Black population (since this is a black professionals and small business news website) is 39 million. Assuming only blacks voted in this, % sampled at the time of my posting: 9.256 x 10^-4 %.

My home town population is about 68,000. Assuming people there voted in this, % sampled at the time of my posting: 0.531 %.

The population of the university I attended is now about 40,000. Assuming people there voted in this, % sampled at the time of my posting: 0.903 %.

I'm the guy with a cannon, too: http://youtu.be/X6xhYELYVDw