Quantcast
Sturdy Safe door storage ideas - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Firearm Accessories

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 23, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1
SometimeIWill

Sturdy Safe door storage ideas

Has anyone with a Sturdy Safe mounted a storage hanger on their door or does anyone have ideas for doing so? This would be fire a fire lined with 10 gauge liner.
Old June 25, 2013, 07:45 AM   #2
USBP379

Is there enough room between the door itself and the 14g fire liner cover to insert little hooks? Maybe you can get one of those mesh closet door organizers and hang that off the door.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by USBP379; June 27, 2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old June 27, 2013, 09:13 AM   #3
WardenWolf

Isn't that one of the accessories they offer? I remember browsing their site and seeing something similar.

Good choice with Sturdy Safe. After all I've read about gun safes, they'd be my #1 choice if money was no object.

Autistic Gun Owner
Asperger's does NOT cause violence.
Old June 27, 2013, 06:20 PM   #4
Elessar

If you have shelving and racks, you will have to modify them since there insn't much space between them and the door liner. In other words, you'll have to reduce useable interior space in order to add useable space to the door.
Old June 27, 2013, 10:23 PM   #5
USBP379

What about something like this?

http://www.dakotasafe.com/safeskinz_specs.html
Old July 4, 2013, 12:20 AM   #6
SometimeIWill

I don't think it is an accessory. I have never seen anything about them offering it. For me money is definitely an object, but I wanted something where I could buy it once and never regret it.

I don't think I could fit hooks. I would probably have to screw in to the 10g liner.

The door skinz are almost exactly what I am looking for. I just am not sure they'd fit or how to attach.
Old July 5, 2013, 08:36 PM   #7
leadcounsel

There's not much room between the door and the shelves...
2A: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF (2008, 2009, 2010) and OND (2011). Bronze Star Medal and Meritorious Service Medal recipient. NRA Lifetime Member. I'm a lawyer, but not YOUR lawyer and I have not offered you legal advice.
Old July 6, 2013, 07:31 PM   #8
USBP379

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
There's not much room between the door and the shelves...
If that's the case you'll probably want to use Rifle Rods. These in conjunction with a door organizer should give plenty of storage space.

Old July 27, 2013, 07:07 PM   #9
USBP379

Did you ever find something?

Old August 9, 2013, 11:07 PM   #10
SometimeIWill

I have not yet received it (back-ordered). I haven't found anything that I am confident will work yet though based on what I have heard so far about clearances.
Old August 9, 2013, 11:42 PM   #11
leadcounsel

http://www.amazon.com/Holmz-Selfix-0...magnetic+hooks

Actually, I tried these and correct myself. There IS enough room to hang stuff on the inside of the door, and from the ceiling of the safe. These hooks are strong enough to support a Glock 22 polymer pistol in size/weight if hung from the trigger guard. For $1 per hook, it's a very affordable option.
2A: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF (2008, 2009, 2010) and OND (2011). Bronze Star Medal and Meritorious Service Medal recipient. NRA Lifetime Member. I'm a lawyer, but not YOUR lawyer and I have not offered you legal advice.
Old November 20, 2013, 12:27 PM   #12
oscar615

You could always try one of the closet door shoe hangers. The ones with the pockets on them. Get them cheap at wallyworld. Those work for a ton of stuff. You can even grow herbs etc in them.
Old April 13, 2014, 06:59 PM   #13
USBP379

Did you ever work anything out? What about something like this?

http://gear.decisiveaction-us.com/category-s/1821.htm

You could probably mount the board right to the 10g door liner or even replace the liner with a sheet of peg board. You might also have to trim your interior shelves a little so the door will close once you have rifles or other bulky items on there. But I imagine it would not be too hard to figure something out.