Quantcast
Springfield XDs Recall - Page 9 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 24, 2013, 10:54 PM   #201
DAdams

Mine will be back soon. I haven't missed it but I'll be glad to have it back.
In the interim XDm compact .45 has sufficed.
Old October 25, 2013, 04:44 AM   #202
rhinoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460Kodiak View Post
You know, I'm trying to be patient but this makes me a little mad. I'm happy for anyone who has gotten their pistol back, but I sent mine in almost 2 months ago and haven't heard a thing. I thought it was going to be first come first serve. My patience is fading.
I'm with you- sent one of mine in almost TWO months ago also..to hear of someone getting theirs back in ONE month is disturbing. I suspect the poster got his date wrong.
Heck one person in this thread sent his in 3 weeks before the recall was even announced!
Old October 25, 2013, 07:06 PM   #203
xwingband

The latest email has a video and boy is it interesting to see pallets of XD-S's. I didn't send it in the case with mine so I imagine there were a good amount of others around too.

I kind of miss my XD-S because I'm carrying everyday now where I didn't before and the width helped.
Old October 25, 2013, 09:32 PM   #204
Captains1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoh View Post
I'm with you- sent one of mine in almost TWO months ago also..to hear of someone getting theirs back in ONE month is disturbing. I suspect the poster got his date wrong.
Heck one person in this thread sent his in 3 weeks before the recall was even announced!
They are still working on guns that arrived on 9/3. They just started shipping those pistols back to the owners last week. Therefore there is no way possible that somebody received theirs back in a month. Mine was delivered the morning if 9/3 and I haven't heard squat. I hope it to be soon but I'm not going to complain about it, I'm sick of the whining.
Old October 26, 2013, 12:06 AM   #205
DAdams

Anguishing does no good. Keep it or sell it when it comes back.
Has anyone been in
a gun fight where the outcome would have been different if you were carrying your XDs and didn't have it? What were you carrying previously. It worked then, I am assuming you are carrying it now.
Old October 26, 2013, 07:49 AM   #206
GBExpat
Contributing Member

Location: Rural, far beyond the beltway, Northern Virginia, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwingband
The latest email has a video and boy is it interesting to see pallets of XD-S's. I didn't send it in the case with mine so I imagine there were a good amount of others around too.
I strongly suspect that very little (if any) of that video interlude contains images of the XDss being "upgraded" ... it is merely generic footage of XDss being assembled and shipped ... which explains all of those big black XDs cases.

They wanted some video that they would look like the repairs being done. As with most companies these days, they are more interested in appearance than honesty (like the now-infamous message, "Send us your XDs and we will have it "upgraded" and returned within 30 days").

Doesn't really matter so long as they get the pistols repaired & returned asap. Early reports that I have read seem to indicate that SA managed to repair these XDs without screwing up something else, which, if it proves out, will be the Good News.

BTW, I believe that they are accurate in referring to these repairs as Upgrades, since they have actually improved & replaced the design of key components.

Not trying to pick on you, xwingband ... I just saw that you mentioned the video and that was the target of my post.
Old October 26, 2013, 01:18 PM   #207
xwingband

Yeah, I too could care less if it's real or not for the footage, so long as the fix is being done. I remember a shot of pins being driven out of the gun so I'd tend to some of it being quite real. Knowing how many were sold through just my local area it was just a good reminder at the volume being gone through though. If one person can go through a gun in 5 minutes to upgrade it, it would take a while to go through thousands.

Like I said I'll be happy to get my pistol back. I have others and it'll be nice to add it back into the rotation once it's been returned. Mine was in the first batch so it will hopefully be back soon.
Old October 28, 2013, 02:05 PM   #208
Captains1911

I just checked the website and my status has changed to "fixed." That means I should expect my pistol back by the end of the week. For reference mine was delivered to SA the morning of 9/3.
Old October 28, 2013, 02:36 PM   #209

My XD-S is being delivered this Wednesday!! I shipped mine on August 30th. I just received a text from FedEx to tell me that a package is being delivered but I've heard nothing from Springfield. I went to the FedEx website to track the package and it's coming from Geneseo, IL so it's obviously from Springfield.
Old October 28, 2013, 02:48 PM   #210
slamfirev10

received by sa on 9/3

(today is monday 10/28)

on fri fedex showed delivery for tomorrow (tuesday)

i happen to be home just now and saw the fed ex truck stop in front. jumped on the tracking site and it shows out for delivery!

just signed for my xds!!

i had the frtb problem (see: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=720488) which is still present

i will know better after a trip to the range. i had forgotten how good the ergos are on this little gun...... so far happy with the fix (and new 7 round mag)

Last edited by slamfirev10; October 28, 2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old October 28, 2013, 07:44 PM   #211
Rule3

Just got notice that mine will be home Wednesday!

I sent it in on 8/30/13, so doing the higher math, 2 months. I think that is pretty good considering the sheer volume of pistols involved.

NRA- RSO
Old October 28, 2013, 07:51 PM   #212
460Kodiak

I got a notice too. Sent mine 8/31. Delivery is supposed to be Wednesday for me too.

Woo Hoo!
Old October 28, 2013, 10:48 PM   #213
Coltdriver

Did anyone here actually have a problem with their xds denting a primer or actually firing on racking a round or double shooting?
Old October 28, 2013, 11:58 PM   #214
460Kodiak

Nope
Old October 29, 2013, 12:05 PM   #215
Rule3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltdriver View Post
Did anyone here actually have a problem with their xds denting a primer or actually firing on racking a round or double shooting?
No. Never had a problem with my Ruger LCP or my SW Walther PPK but was not going to be the "poster boy" for them.

If the company says it's broke and will fix it free, not about to argue with them.

NRA- RSO
Old October 29, 2013, 12:27 PM   #216
horsemen61

So can anybody comment on the fix/trigger pull I am interested
Old October 29, 2013, 07:14 PM   #217
Tommygunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by recieved e-mail!
Your items have shipped and a copy of the invoice is attached. Thank you for your business!

Please click on the Tracking # to go to the shipper's web site.
If your email program does not allow clickable links, please copy the link below and paste it into your browser address bar:

Invoice # XXXXXXX Tracking # XXXXXXXXXXXX

Sincerely,

Team Springfield

Phone: (800) 680-6866
Email: Invoice@springfield-armory.com
YIPPEEEE!!!! Finally! My baby is coming home!
I can't wait .....
Old October 29, 2013, 08:12 PM   #218
skoro

Sent mine on Aug 30th, was received by SA on Sept 5th, status still showing "received."
Old October 29, 2013, 10:44 PM   #219
slamfirev10

Quote:
So can anybody comment on the fix/trigger pull I am interested
on mine, the trigger pull is definitely heavier but is still smooth

now if they will only fix the ftrb
Old October 30, 2013, 12:29 AM   #220
gym
Contributing Member

Mine will go in this week
Old October 30, 2013, 06:47 AM   #221
critter

Mine left my house on 8/29 and supposed to be back today-10/30. I'll have to run a couple of boxes of ammo through it to check it out.
Old October 30, 2013, 07:58 AM   #222
herkyguy

I sent mine in late September as I was out of the country when it first started. I am tempted to speculate that the turnaround time will be quicker for pistols sent in later since we went almost a month with no fix at all....

or it could be that so many pistols went back that the backlog increases with each day we waited to send ours in. either way, i'm happy to get mine back, whenever that may be. mine still says received, but I'm optimistic it will come back soon...
Old October 30, 2013, 11:58 AM   #223

FedEx delivered my XD-S this morning. The pistol showed up in a "new" hard plastic box measuring approximately 9"x6"x2" and came with a 7-round magazine as promised. As others have reported, the trigger is definitely heavier and the pull feels longer than I remember but it's smooth. On a side note, you can still pull the slide back without depressing the grip safety (unlike XD/XDM models). I was wondering if that feature would be retained. I didn't have any issues before I sent the pistol in to Springfield but I'll shoot the pistol this week, carry it today and decide what's next for this thing.
Old October 30, 2013, 12:03 PM   #224
fedlaw

Got my XDs 9 back yesterday. The trigger may have a bit more take up and it definitely has bit more weight to the pull, but the let-off is still nice and crisp.
The pistol was clean, was returned in the box I shipped it in and the extra 9rd mag was included.
All in all, well done. (Although I had never had any problems with the gun prior to sending it in.)
Old October 30, 2013, 04:23 PM   #225
Captains1911

A very good review here comparing the new with the old:

http://www.tacti-cool.com/diy/