Quantcast
Beretta 71 - Page 2 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > NFA Firearms and Accessories

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 21, 2014, 04:32 PM   #26
Charger442

got mine off, mounted the Silencerco adapter and it seems that everything lines up just fine when i mount my can to it. i havent shot it yet, hopefully this weekend.

For some reason, putting the barrel back in was a little tight, but it went in and is held in there, might need a little cleaning.

now, i need to find at least 2 more mags.
Old April 22, 2014, 11:16 PM   #27
Flyboy73

Finally had a chance to try out my sparrow on the Beretta 71. Put about 50 rounds through up and shot really nice with sparrow. Too bad you can't see the sights with the can on it. My son was shooting it and the last round failed to feed. After clearing it, it failed to lock the slide back. Noticed the magazine following was sticking at the top of the mag. The fouling was gumming up the follower. I took the mag apart and cleaned it up. Looks like the follower was binding slightly at the feed lips. I adjusted the mag a little and hope that fixes it.

Brion
Old April 23, 2014, 02:34 PM   #28
MasterSergeantA

Tactical Innovations also sells the adapter. And TROS does as well.
Old April 29, 2014, 12:58 PM   #29
kimberkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
The Beretta 70 series have a fixed barrel. I've got one, they are very good guns - and excellent with a suppressor.
I've got 2 mod 70's, one in 22lr & 32acp, both are sweet shooters, and I won a 71 on GunBroker for $360 from Phoenix Dist. but haven't received it yet.

I've got a YHM Mite that should work well but I need a thread adaptor, anyone have a link?
Old April 29, 2014, 10:55 PM   #30
Flyboy73

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/1-2...-2x28-adapter/

The adapter i used.

Brion
Old May 4, 2014, 06:40 PM   #31
Flyboy73

Allan's Armory just got some in.

http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=69
Old May 8, 2014, 06:57 PM   #32
lcambre

Both my Model 71 from SOG and my adapter from Tactical Innovations arrived today. After a cleanup and test fire I'll be removing the fake silencer. The gun has some wear around the trigger guard but the barrel looks new both inside and out.
Old June 6, 2014, 09:36 PM   #33
jonnyc

I now have 4 Model 71s. The last I got was already C&R. Here are the Beretta date codes:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=543189
Old June 6, 2014, 11:12 PM   #34
kimberkid

Thanks for the info and link!

I looked up my Dads Model 70 which is a 7.65 caliber (he gave it to me before he passed) was made in '59.

My Model 70 which is 22LR, was made in 1982 ... the year my son was born.

My Model 71 was made in 1977, the year I turned 21 and the first year I could buy a handgun!

Cool stuff!
Old June 7, 2014, 02:24 PM   #35
Flyboy73

Mine was made in 1978.
Old August 11, 2014, 06:02 PM   #36
Charger442

So, like another poster, i also have two of these Berettas. The first one was fine and I used the Silencerco branded adapter from Silencer Shop. Runs fine, seemed to be ok alignment. I checked it with a rod and have shot it a bunch with the suppressor, no issues.

The second one, after i removed the fake can, the threads were messed up pretty bad. So i ran a re-thread die over them and wanted to use another SilencerCo adapter on it. I tried it and was very much dissatisfied with the alignment. I was also pretty dissatisfied with the external threads on the adapter itself, seem rough and always are a hassle to thread on the can and thats with both of the adapters.

So i decided to try another adapter from The Silencer Store, which is the knurled one thats made by XCaliber Firearms. I can only say that the difference was night and day. Threading on and locking on the barrel just seemed much better, alignment issues were fixed, and the male threads that the silencer goes on were perfect and had the proper relief cut at the shoulder, where the SilencerCo one does not.

NOW, maybe that adapter is made specifically for the Sparrow, and i dont have a sparrow, and its certainly not to the thread spec for Class III 1/2-28 specs.

I wish i had gone with that adapter on both berettas, but i am glad i got it fixed and both are shooting well with no alignment issues. Only issues i have are pretty heavy blowback from the ammo. i need to use something other than Remington and see if they run cleaner.