Quantcast
Hit this poll - Page 2 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > Activism

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 28, 2014, 08:55 PM   #26
ericbc7

Don't know about R.I. But seems unlikely to set the pattern for the country.

Last edited by ericbc7; March 28, 2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old March 30, 2014, 08:48 AM   #27
rodinal220

Done.
Old March 30, 2014, 09:17 AM   #28
Mastrogiacomo

It must have stopped after "92% No." Should read 100% - there's Liberals for you rigging the results when it doesn't go in their favor.

Laura
Old March 30, 2014, 09:32 AM   #29
Bob M.

Done....

Vote.jpg
Old March 30, 2014, 11:43 AM   #30
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrogiacomo
there's Liberals for you rigging the results when it doesn't go in their favor.
The whole point of us voting in this poll is to send a message and to maybe even persuade a few people to start seeing gun control differently. But using politically-charged terms like "liberal" does just the opposite: It only serves to alienate people who might otherwise be on our side.

It drives me crazy every time someone uses the word "liberal" to mean "anti-gun". Why would someone want to intentionally alienate potential allies? Just because the two main parties try to make guns a "left vs. right" issue on the national level, that doesn't mean it actually is. I know plenty of people who consider themselves left-wing Democrats who are also pro-gun; many liberals see gun rights as a civil liberties issue that fits right in with the rest of their political views. And intentionally alienating them is not only a terrible strategy, but it also shows a complete lack of political nuance.
Old March 31, 2014, 01:43 PM   #31
Powder Smoke

Done!
Old August 2, 2014, 08:46 PM   #32
Sheepdog1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theohazard View Post
I agree, but how much does it actually help? It's an unscientific poll, so it doesn't mean that 92% of people are against the proposed gun control laws. Heck, it doesn't even mean that a majority of people are against those laws. All it means is that a lot more gun-rights supporters happened to visit the site and vote, probably mostly due to threads like these.

The average gun-rights supporter tends be more involved than the average gun-control supporter: For many of us, guns aren't just a political position, they're a passion and a way of life. Therefore it's easier to get us to vote in online polls, just like the OP got us to vote. And that's why these unscientific polls tend to lean our way so often. But that doesn't mean they reflect the general public's views at large.

But like I said, it sure can't hurt; and if even one middle-of-the-road person reconsiders their stance after seeing the 92% ratio, then we've helped accomplish something.
I have seen main stream media in their anti-gun reports quote polls. As such, we need to make sure we vote on these polls. Of course they aren't scientific or properly sampled but the other side will use them if the data supports their view.

I find that 90% of the questions asked here have been answered 20 or more years ago by Jeff Cooper in his Gargantuan Gunsite Gossip books.

Best website I have ever seen regarding gun facts and figures for your discussions with others:

http://www.gunfacts.info/
Old August 4, 2014, 02:24 PM   #33
george burns

ok done
Old August 5, 2014, 11:07 PM   #34
JTHunter

Still 92% - NO (10,846 votes) vs. 8% - Yes (960 votes).
Old August 10, 2014, 03:50 PM   #35
TMCCOY

Done and No (10,857) vs. Yes (still 960)
Old August 11, 2014, 08:16 AM   #36
Ryanxia

This Poll was from March, not sure why it's still up but I think it's safe to say we won that one.

Join NRA Today!

Takes 2 minutes to donate to NRA-ILA https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...re/donate.aspx
Bloomberg is spending, we can too. Every little bit helps.