Quantcast
Are existing e-forms still being processed? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > NFA Firearms and Accessories

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 16, 2014, 02:45 PM   #1
Arizona_Mike

Are existing e-forms still being processed?

It looks like 7 people have reported e-form approvals since 4/1 to NFATracker.com

I'm not seeing signs of a sharp cuttoff (yet):

Mike

Last edited by Arizona_Mike; April 16, 2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old April 16, 2014, 05:10 PM   #2
pjeski
Contributing Member

Supposedly yes. If you got the confirmation, they were in the system. If not, probably stuck as drafts and won't be processed.
Old April 17, 2014, 08:57 AM   #3
packpike
Contributing Member

I certainly hope so. Mine were submitted on 12/26 and I'm still waiting. They were taking ~3 months back then, but my dealer says that they appear to be running closer to 4 now. My biggest fear is that they'll have an error and they'll make me resubmit via paper form which means I would have completely wasted 4 months. Oh well, all I can do is wait.
Old April 22, 2014, 04:45 PM   #4
Invisible Swordsman

I submitted for an SBR electronically last November. This past Friday, 4/18, I got a call from my dealer to come in and sign a form that should have gone in when I filed. that tells me they're still processing them.
Old April 23, 2014, 05:31 PM   #5
Akita1

FYI - they've pulled all the forms from eFile except 6 & 6a. Testing to see how that goes and will make Forms 1,4, etc. available again after the test period. It was a cluster so they're retooling. BATFE told me everything already in process will remain but no new filings for Forms 1, 4, etc. right now. I have one in process so will advise.

- Jean-Paul Sartre
Old April 23, 2014, 06:37 PM   #6
Arizona_Mike

There are still no new e-form approvals submitted to NFATracker.org.

I suspect they have been halted.

Mike
Old April 23, 2014, 06:50 PM   #7
Akita1

Confirm that Arizona_Mike, they have been halted except Forms 6 and 6A. Can't imagine many of us use these forms except bulk importers...

- Jean-Paul Sartre
Old April 23, 2014, 07:13 PM   #8
Arizona_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akita1 View Post
Confirm that Arizona_Mike, they have been halted except Forms 6 and 6A. Can't imagine many of us use these forms except bulk importers...
The mailing says you can only create a new 6/6A (which is the case), however they also said that existing forms will continue to be processed. There appears to be a glitch with that due to the lack of new approval reports at NFATracker.org.

It appears existing forms have been (temporarily) halted as well.

Mike
Old April 23, 2014, 08:11 PM   #9
Akita1

Thanks Arizona_Mike. Hadn't heard of the halt of existing eFiles, in my case a Form 1 that is still showing as pending on the web site (when you can actually get on). I spent some time on the phone and email with BATFE last week and they assured me that my eFile Form 1 filed before the change was "grandfathered" under the halt. Uh-huh. Given the 10-11 month period on paper approvals, guess it is what it is. I filed a Form 1 on paper for my Kriss SDP (conversion to SBR) on Monday due to the eFile change, so I am destined to endure the duration anyway.

Total cluster.

Clearly they rolled out an experiment/Beta system, and we are the willing Guinea pigs!

- Jean-Paul Sartre
Old April 24, 2014, 05:44 AM   #10
pjeski
Contributing Member

Just a note about the wait times. Just this week I got a paper form 4 back in eight months and one week. My last one was ten months.
Old April 24, 2014, 07:19 AM   #11
packpike
Contributing Member

'Temporarily' halted! I'm now at 4 months and counting for 5 Form 4 stamps.
Old April 24, 2014, 01:02 PM   #12
Arizona_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjeski View Post
Just a note about the wait times. Just this week I got a paper form 4 back in eight months and one week. My last one was ten months.
They are clearing the backlog on paper forms at a surprising rate. I'm encouraged about getting my first MG by June.

Mike
Old April 26, 2014, 04:42 PM   #13
Arizona_Mike

We are seeing fresh late April approvals in NFATracker.com for eforms. Looks like they are in business again.

Mike.
Old April 27, 2014, 12:34 PM   #14
wally

Quote:
We are seeing fresh late April approvals in NFATracker.com for eforms. Looks like they are in business again.
I sure hope so, I've got four in the pipeline done during January.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:12 PM   #15
Anmut

I have no doubt that my first suppressor, filed through eforms at the beginning of February, will now be delayed another 8 months while they work out the bugs. My luck.
Old May 2, 2014, 08:47 AM   #16
txblackout

I have a eform 1 for an SBR submitted nov 18, 2013 that just got approved 4/30/14

I suspect my suppressor from nov 18 is probably also approved as the silencer shop has been having approvals from the same time since april 20th or so.
Old May 3, 2014, 12:30 PM   #17
Dave Markowitz

I submitted an eForm 1 to make a silencer on 12/4/13 and got the approved form with stamp via email this morning, 5/3/14.

Old May 4, 2014, 11:51 PM   #18
Anmut

Wow, so you guys are reporting that 4 months on eforms has now turned into 5 months? Keeps getting worse.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:38 AM   #19
basicblur

I think some folks are under the illusion that eForms are going to be approved in 3 months?

From what I understand, the folks that got 'em done in 3 months were a "one time only" deal - they grabbed a bunch of applications and ran 'em thru the system to test it, and these are the folks that lucked up with only a 3 month wait.

I remember seeing in one of the ATF newsletters that they're expecting eForms to knock off 3 months of whatever the processing time for paper forms is (they had a chart comparing forms / times in the newsletter).

As reported, the last newsletter stated they had added extra help, and were burning thru the backlog at a pretty good rate (I think it was reported around 8% reduction in a month?). How long this will continue is anybody's guess.

I originally planned to use eForms, but whether my dealer decided he didn't want to mess with it or ?, who knows.

In about a week I'll be at the 6 month mark for mailing in my paper forms.
VCDL Member
Old May 5, 2014, 10:52 AM   #20
wally

My paper form from last July has beat my E-forms from January

I'd suggest getting paper forms in the pipeline instead of waiting for the E-forms to come back up as no telling what will happen if the new requirements for LEO sign-off, fingerprints and photos for Trusts get implemented, but presumably they can't be implemented retroactively.
Old May 5, 2014, 02:46 PM   #21
packpike
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicblur View Post
I think some folks are under the illusion that eForms are going to be approved in 3 months?
Yes, 3 months is what I was expecting when I filed right after Christmas. That's the time that e-forms were taking then. I'm hoping that mine will be approved by the end of this month which will be 5 months.
Old May 5, 2014, 06:11 PM   #22
Arizona_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicblur View Post

From what I understand, the folks that got 'em done in 3 months were a "one time only" deal - they grabbed a bunch of applications and ran 'em thru the system to test it, and these are the folks that lucked up with only a 3 month wait.

I remember seeing in one of the ATF newsletters that they're expecting eForms to knock off 3 months of whatever the processing time for paper forms is (they had a chart comparing forms / times in the newsletter).

As reported, the last newsletter stated they had added extra help, and were burning thru the backlog at a pretty good rate (I think it was reported around 8% reduction in a month?). How long this will continue is anybody's guess.

I originally planned to use eForms, but whether my dealer decided he didn't want to mess with it or ?, who knows.

In about a week I'll be at the 6 month mark for mailing in my paper forms.
It was not quite a "one time event". I got one through in exactly 90 days and another submitted about 5 weeks later in exactly 95 days. The e-form and paper times are converging however.

It looks like things were "golden" for the first 6-7 weeks.

It looks like eforms have leveled off around 150 days.

Mike
Old May 5, 2014, 11:40 PM   #23
Anmut

Sigh... patience is a virtue, however that doesn't mean I won't bitch about having to wait.
Old May 7, 2014, 01:12 PM   #24
waterhouse

I got approved last night. The eform site is down today so I can't log in to see when I actually submitted the darn thing.

ETA: I found the email for my submission, 12/14/13, so about 5 months.
Old May 7, 2014, 01:46 PM   #25
wally

On the E-form approvals do they Email you the approved pdf to print or do you need to go to the E-forms site to download the approved form?

Hopefully I'll start getting them in about a month.