Quantcast
.44 Magnum guys, help me decide - Page 3 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Revolvers

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 23, 2014, 05:21 PM   #51
DaisyCutter

Aww man, someone posted my muzzle flash piccy before I got a chance to. My SBH and wrist are famous!
Old June 24, 2014, 05:58 AM   #52
gotboostvr

I was in the same position.
I decided I was mostly going to shoot heavy 44 special loads in DA with some occasional full bore loads so I went with a 29-3. With my 200gr 1000 fps loads it's just what I was hoping for.

But yeah, I'm not going to shoot much full bore 44 mag Loads in DA out of the 4" barrel. But boy is it fun (and punishing) when I do!
Old June 25, 2014, 09:08 AM   #53
hardluk1

Of the new revolvers out there I would buy the Ruger Bisley Hunter. But if you find a Dan Wesson 44 mag , Buy it. Buy far a more versatile handgun even if 36 years old. EWKarms covers most every thing cz does not for parts and upgrades. Mine is a 8" standard profile shroud with a burris 135speed dot thats still good for 3" 100 yard groups.

http://ruger.com/products/newModelSu...er/models.html
DW- http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...4mag&FORM=IGRE
Old June 25, 2014, 09:45 AM   #54
bannockburn

I have had several Ruger Super Blackhawks over the years and with a set of custom oversized grips they are great for control and comfortably. If I were looking for a SA .44 Magnum today I would probably go with a Super Blackhawk Bisley.
Old June 25, 2014, 11:05 AM   #55
CraigC
Contributing Member

Quote:
Unless your going on appearance, the double can shoot single action. However, the single can not shoot double. I have a redhawk and love it
Shooting comfort should take priority over looks and DA capability. I can shoot a couple hundred rounds out of one of my Bisley's but 50rds out of a Redhawk would do me in.

"Wise men learn by others’ harms; fools by their own." - Benjamin Franklin

http://www.sixgunleather.com
Old July 1, 2014, 10:48 PM   #56
aarondhgraham

You answered your own question my friend,,,

You answered your own question my friend,,,
Gongs, paper, no SD, maybe a deer,,,
And you are drawn to the Ruger.

I'm a happy owner of a nice 629,,,
I can't believe any SA trigger is better than my Smith,,,
But I, like you are somewhat enamored of the Ruger's traditional style.

Now about that slow loading process,,,
Just consider that as the extra few seconds,,,
To pause and savor the sweet aroma of the gunpowder.

Get a Ruger SA,,,
It seems to be what you want.

Aarond