Quantcast
craziest balisong ever? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Non-Firearm Weapons

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 30, 2014, 07:47 PM   #1
hso

craziest balisong ever?

Gotta give Josh credit for having no limits on what he thinks might interest customers.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old August 30, 2014, 08:03 PM   #2
rcmodel
Contributing Member

Well, at least you won't cut 'all' your fingers while practicing with it the first few days!
BTDT!

And it might skirt around some blade length knife laws, somewhere?

Still, a Very cool & very expensive box cutter though.

rc
Old August 30, 2014, 08:46 PM   #3
saltydog452

There are different paths to 'crazy'

My current version of 'crazy' is a shirt pocket friendly thumb slide box opener Dollar General. Ten dollars per dozen.

sd.

'No matter how old you are, your brain still thinks its 19.'

Thog
Cpl, Power Point Ranger
Old August 30, 2014, 08:49 PM   #4
Sam1911

Oh, heck yes! How much are they? I've got a few guys who need Christmas gifts this year!

"...with liberty and justice for all." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states.)
-D. Stanhope

Sights Practical Shooters -- IDPA

My Knife Showroom
Old August 30, 2014, 08:51 PM   #5
JShirley
Administrator

That?! Scares me. Seriously. A "flipper" box cutter: what could possibly go wrong?
Old August 31, 2014, 09:59 AM   #6
hso

Sam,

They're $19.95.

Much better pricewise - $19.95 for the set You could give each person one for around $8 after shipping.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.

Last edited by hso; August 31, 2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old August 31, 2014, 10:31 AM   #7
Sam1911

Oh, that's wonderful!

"...with liberty and justice for all." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states.)
-D. Stanhope

Sights Practical Shooters -- IDPA

My Knife Showroom
Old August 31, 2014, 11:18 AM   #8
jerkface11

What no spork?
we can work together to enact commonsense improvements—like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole—so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few. DNC party patform.
Old August 31, 2014, 03:54 PM   #9
Jaymo

What, no can opener?
Old August 31, 2014, 04:00 PM   #10
JohnKSa

Pick your handle color. Only $12

http://www.cutlerywholesaler.com/for...e-folders.aspx
http://www.cutlerywholesaler.com/for...e-folders.aspx

Here's a set with bottle openers but no knife included. Where in the heck are you going to find a butterfly knife to go with the set? Oh, wait...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1638/#tabs
Old August 31, 2014, 04:49 PM   #11
hso

Bottle opener?
http://butterflyknifekits.com/index....duct_list&c=24

Old August 31, 2014, 06:14 PM   #12
WestKentucky

I need that bottleopener. The butter knife nearly caused me to pee myself. I certainly wasn't expecting that. Where's the comb? Golf divot repair tool? Screwdriver? Adjustable wrench?

Josh if you read this and decide to make them I just want this one....tiny fixed blade with the "blade" portion being a fixed scabbard.
Old September 2, 2014, 06:49 PM   #13
Outlaw Man
Contributing Member

As a novelty, I love it. When I worked in a warehouse in college, we had a running competition for who could find the coolest or most unique box cutter. I'd have definitely won with one of those!
active duty military, first responders, and school teachers)
Old September 2, 2014, 11:00 PM   #14
Deltaboy

Oh my just when I think I seen it all. That would be a cute dining set.
Old September 4, 2014, 01:24 PM   #15
Praxidike

HAHA I'd love to see the look on a L.E. offer's face if he were to attempt to arrest a guy for carrying a balisong only to open it and see it was a spoon...
Old September 4, 2014, 02:36 PM   #16
hso

People don't typically get arrested for carrying a knife. That usually is just an additional charge to go along with the reason the person was arrested. BTW, balis are legal in most states now, just like switchblades.

Old September 4, 2014, 10:15 PM   #17
hso

An interesting piece I had seen many years ago and stumbled across a pic on Bladeforums.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frost skinner boot double balisong.jpg (203.0 KB, 18 views)