Quantcast
Opinions on a possible trade? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 27, 2014, 12:43 AM   #1
AZ PAUL

Opinions on a possible trade?

Im sure as most have seen, I have been attempting to sell my Springfield Micro Compact Operator 1911 for nearly a year. My 1911 has night sights, two tone, comes with two Galco holsters, the Insight light, and Springfield gear.

I have been wanting to sell it and have enough cash for a XDm 4.5 in 9mm or 40. In addition, I would be purchasing a couple of High Noon Holsters to go along with it. I have not had very many people show interest in the gun.

A couple days back, I had a gentleman respond to my backpage ad. He offered a trade deal. His trade is a Sig P239 in 40. He says it comes with 1 mag, and only 50 rounds through it. He sent photos that confirm that the gun has no wear on it at all. In addition to the firearm, he said he would throw in 120 rounds of 40, and $200 cash.

Can I get opinions on this? I would think that it would be easier to turn around and sell this gun than the Micro Compact.
Old July 27, 2014, 11:58 PM   #2
460Kodiak

Sounds like an alright trade to me, but have you thought about just trading your gun towards an XDm? They aren't that hard to find and you may be able to do a straight trade.

I guess I don't understand why you're introducing an extra step.
Friend.... "You should be 460Kodiak....... yeah"
Me........ "Great...... now I have to grow a mullet."
Old July 28, 2014, 11:10 PM   #3
Confederate

Well, I'm no fan of striker-fired pistols, but if you can live with the Sig P239 .40, I'd prefer that gun over an XDm (and the XDm would be my top pick of striker-fired autos). But if you're doing the trade to then turn around and work out a trade for the XDm, I'm with 460Kodiak. It's not worth the extra step.
Old July 30, 2014, 05:46 PM   #4
wally

I'd say no unless you are sure you are OK with DA/SA operation -- its a much bigger change from a 1911 than the striker fired XDm would be.

If you would just trade it, why introduce the extra step unless you think it'll be easer to move the SIG than the Springfield Micro and the extra $200 case gets you over the hump in getting the XDm you seem top really want. There does seem to be a trend at the moment moving away from the .40S&W.