Quantcast
Any of the Powder River springs for XDs affect trigger reset? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 11, 2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Orion8472

Any of the Powder River springs for XDs affect trigger reset?

Just wondering if the installation of the Powder River Precision springs, in my Post Recall XDs, can affect the trigger reset or not. I test fired it, and out of 50 rounds, I had three that reset. . . . . . . unless I just didn't notice the pistol not being in battery.

Spent casing was ejected and a new round was stripped off the magazine and inserted into the chamber when this "failure to reset" happened. I was using TulAmmo, but doubt that had anything to do with it.
Old July 11, 2014, 12:30 PM   #2
george burns

Yes of course it can. Anytime you change out a part from the factory one strange things can happen. I had that with a LC9, after changing the trigger assembly to an expensive after market one. Sometimes it reset and sometimes it wouldn't. There was no more room to adjust it, so I sold it after returning it to stock.
Old July 11, 2014, 12:39 PM   #3
Orion8472

Any of them more likely to be the culprit? Sear spring, perhaps?
Old July 11, 2014, 02:45 PM   #4
RainDodger

I have the Powder River kit in my XDs and have not had any reset problem at all. Same with a buddy of mine. When you figure it out, be sure and let us know.

I'd guess that Powder River would be pleased to talk to you about it - I've spoken with them on the phone and they're super helpful. They may be able to point out the culprit.
U.S. Naval Aviator, Retired
Old July 11, 2014, 03:00 PM   #5
Orion8472

I sent an email to them but have yet to hear back. If I don't get a word from them that way, I may have to call them.

I'll be taking the gun to the range tomorrow to run a few more rounds through it to make sure it wasn't just "out of battery".
Old July 15, 2014, 09:48 PM   #6
Orion8472

An update. Ran about 60 or so rounds though it this afternoon. No issues. I'm beginning to wonder if my XDs doesn't like TulAmmo. I plan on running more rounds through it soon.