Quantcast
Caliber Wars Humor - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 17, 2014, 11:44 PM   #1
fanchisimo

Caliber Wars Humor

So I get tired of the 9mm vs .40 S&W vs 45 ACP debates all of the time and I happened to come across these videos of Colion Noir where he does "x caliber" and the people who carry them and I could not stop laughing. However I feel the need to state these are parodies so please please get a laugh and enjoy.

9mm and the people who carry them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHkqOWzDAZI

.45 and the people who carry them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po4nZTO3ES4

.40 and the people who carry them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuiePszwaho

“There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet an enemy.” -George Washington
Old July 18, 2014, 01:40 AM   #2
ljnowell

Love that guy.
Old July 18, 2014, 09:29 AM   #3
460Kodiak

Funny stuff
Friend.... "You should be 460Kodiak....... yeah"
Me........ "Great...... now I have to grow a mullet."
Old July 18, 2014, 10:02 AM   #4
Hometeached1

Funny, but kind of true.

I'm still waiting for him to do one on .380s and the people who carry them.

His Glock fanboy video is good as well.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UsyY5ecNs4k

"I rather be shot in the foot with a .50BMG than a .22 short to the base of the skull." Unknown.
Old July 18, 2014, 10:43 AM   #5
marb4

Its been a rough Friday morning. I needed the laugh. Thanks for posting!
Old July 18, 2014, 11:09 AM   #6
Orion8472

My "humor center" must be on the fritz. But yeah, he should do a 380acp one.
Old July 18, 2014, 03:56 PM   #7
pendennis

F-u-n-n-y!!

Thanks for the links!
Old July 18, 2014, 05:17 PM   #8
RustyShackelford

Noir...

I watch a few of Noir's videos but I don't really find them funny or insightful.
Some of these "new" gun celebrities like Noir, Fate of Destinee, ARRR Jay, etc seem hyped up or fabricated. Like some NRA group or NSSF sat in a room, ordered lunch & said; "how can we improve our image & make guns seem cool to new shooters & young people" .
Now don't get me wrong, these video host & paid endorsements are fine for bringing up debate or to create awareness about guns/2A issues but I can't really related to some of these video hosts & they do not speak for me nor do they represent my 2A views.
One clip I saw had the cute "Fate of Destinee" telling viewers not to vote & that voting doesn't matter.
Uh, okay, I'll stick to the democratic process Miss Destinee if that's alright.

Andre Agassi
Old July 18, 2014, 07:59 PM   #9
YeagersClaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
I watch a few of Noir's videos but I don't really find them funny or insightful.
Some of these "new" gun celebrities like Noir, Fate of Destinee, ARRR Jay, etc seem hyped up or fabricated. Like some NRA group or NSSF sat in a room, ordered lunch & said; "how can we improve our image & make guns seem cool to new shooters & young people" .
Now don't get me wrong, these video host & paid endorsements are fine for bringing up debate or to create awareness about guns/2A issues but I can't really related to some of these video hosts & they do not speak for me nor do they represent my 2A views.
One clip I saw had the cute "Fate of Destinee" telling viewers not to vote & that voting doesn't matter.
Uh, okay, I'll stick to the democratic process Miss Destinee if that's alright.
+1 Rusty
Not funny and I find him too contrived.
When I don't catch the comedy stick I feel very awkward watching some guy toss and turn in his bed,
or pretending to wash a dry cup.
Yet, I feel people give him A LOT of credit just for being a minority shooter so I guess I can't hate.
He has valid points but its nothing we haven't heard before.
Old July 18, 2014, 08:07 PM   #10
tarosean

My personal fav caliber funny

Old July 18, 2014, 10:19 PM   #11
RustyShackelford

NRA/NSSF/gun companies.....

I too can see why the NRA & NSSF(National Shooting Sports Foundation) among the other 2A groups/gun manufacturers spend $$$ on these clips.
Hip, trendy, ball cap to the side kinda gun channel hosts may appeal to small segments of the gun buying public but do they really offer any real change? Or are the points they make valid or just entertainment for a audience that's already 2A supporters or CCW holders.

I find the Yankee Marshal videos funny & insightful too. Is he young & hip? Hardly. But his brash humor & honest, open candor is far better than some manufactured, stylized package.
FWIW; I don't agree with TYM on all his "points" either. Maybe 60-70% of the time.

Andre Agassi
Old July 18, 2014, 10:41 PM   #12
RetiredUSNChief

"Habitual Compromising Disorder"

Gotta love that one!

I'm the guy with a cannon, too: http://youtu.be/X6xhYELYVDw
Old July 18, 2014, 11:18 PM   #13
NWcityguy2

The moral of the story: I am awesome and can carry whatever I want.
Old July 19, 2014, 04:47 AM   #14
Theohazard

I like Colion Noir when he does his solo videos against gun control. But these heavily-produced studios videos just seem too contrived.
Old July 19, 2014, 08:03 AM   #15
bikerdoc

The only serious thing he said was "shot placement is everything."

I only have so many heartbeats left. I am not wasting them on things that are not fun.
VCDL, member, Curmudgeon
Old July 19, 2014, 08:56 AM   #16
drband

Ahhh... Not so much. He's usually better than this.
Old July 19, 2014, 12:32 PM   #17
Drail

He looks too much like Chris Rock for me to watch.
Old July 19, 2014, 12:38 PM   #18
fanchisimo

I can see how this humor wouldn't appeal to everyone, but I'm just glad some of you got a laugh... I JUST WANTED TO MAKE YOU LAUGH!!!! :'( Lol.

“There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet an enemy.” -George Washington
Old July 19, 2014, 02:03 PM   #19
Baron_Null

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanchisimo View Post
I JUST WANTED TO MAKE YOU LAUGH!!!! :'( Lol.
Mission succeeded. Noir isn't exactly a comedian, his timing is meh at best, and the overproduction takes me out of the video, but just the subject and the lines he was delivering made me legitimately laugh. And it takes a lot to make me laugh when I'm on the internet.

Quote:
Hip, trendy, ball cap to the side kinda gun channel hosts may appeal to small segments of the gun buying public but do they really offer any real change?...

But his brash humor & honest, open candor is far better than some manufactured, stylized package.
I'm starting to really resent this idea purported by both pro-gun and anti-gun people that the only reason that there would ever be a prominent person in the firearms community who is fashion conscious is because their image is "manufactured". It's not even becoming about whether the Noir videos are overproduced (they are, to a jarring degree) but about the fact that a minority host who dresses casually can ONLY be the result of someone trying to foster a hip image. That only the white men in jeans and a tucked-in button-up shirt are being "genuine", and everyone else is "manufactured". They wear their caps on centerline, without any of this dangerous canted bill nonsense going on, so therefore they must be the only people that are being true to themselves.

Don't take that to mean that I don't have respect for the white men who wear button-ups. If they're being true to who they are, I have no problem with it. But I do have issues with those who try and act like they're the only ones who are genuine, and that a certain disregard for current trends is a requirement if one is to be taken seriously.

More to the point, the idea that Noir may appeal only to a "small" portion of the gun-owning community is downright ignorant and harmful to our image. There are an estimated 100 million gun owners in the United States. To imagine that there isn't a large portion of them who would like to see someone dressed differently than either the tacticool operators or the clean-cut button-up shirt types takes quite a bit in terms of imagination.

I would hazard to say that the majority of the gun-owning public (A.K.A. not people on The High Road, as most of us are hobbyists) the image of a casually dressed person is probably much more appealing vs. a Nuttinfancy type mall-ninja talking about being prepared for engagements at 400yrds. And you know what? They're nothing wrong with the mall ninja. We all have a tiny mall ninja running around inside of us with a plate carrier duct-taped to his or her little body, taking multiple hits from a .300 Win Mag. But I'm not going to claim that it's what a majority of people want to see.

As a minority gun owner myself, it can be refreshing to see that the internet is heralding in a better representation of minority gun owners. I truly feel that the best chance for the Second Amendment is rooted in public representation of every facet of the gun-owning community and it's related subcultures.

And for chrissakes, stop talking about Noir's hat. I've heard more about his hat and how he wears it over the past couple of years than I've heard about Noir himself.
Old July 19, 2014, 03:45 PM   #20
RustyShackelford

Reply to post #19.....

Here is my reply to some of the comments of post #19;
First, Noir is not the only media personality or "celeb" to have a casual image. Larry The Cable Guy has worn trucker caps & sleeveless shirts for years. He's a character or a image. The caps & his "catch phrases" make him popular. His fame & notoriety get him endorsement deals($$$).
Canada's Red Green is another good example. Red Green is a character too. He started as a comedy show bit that evolved into a popular sitcom then actor Steve Smith turned Red into a highly recognized figure.
Red Green(if you've ever watched the series or saw a ad) is hardly a button-down type.

My point is that a image or character does not resonate with me regardless of what they wear or who(race/age/gender) they are.
If they or anyone else chooses to go online or post clips discussing 2A issues or guns, fine. It's my choice to agree or disagree with it.
I've watched a few of Noir's videos & I don't agree with everything he says.
It's not his red Phillies baseball cap or his production values.
I've seen a few of Fate of Destinee's videos too. She seems cute & buys/carrys a lot of firearms but a few of her remarks are a tad out there & I think she'd be better served by taking a few courses/learning more from a wider variety of sources.
With digital media & the internet, today's young people(25 and under) are in a great era to share ideas & input. I think the NRA & NSSF/gun makers can make better use of these resources than corporate videos or slick ads.

Andre Agassi
Old July 19, 2014, 04:38 PM   #21
Baron_Null

Quote:
Here is my reply to some of the comments of post #19;
First, Noir is not the only media personality or "celeb" to have a casual image. Larry The Cable Guy has worn trucker caps & sleeveless shirts for years. He's a character or a image. The caps & his "catch phrases" make him popular. His fame & notoriety get him endorsement deals($$$).
Canada's Red Green is another good example. Red Green is a character too. He started as a comedy show bit that evolved into a popular sitcom then actor Steve Smith turned Red into a highly recognized figure.
Red Green(if you've ever watched the series or saw a ad) is hardly a button-down type.
I am completely baffled. You have stumped me. I am trying as hard as I can to connect either Larry the Cable Guy or Red Green to Colion Noir and RKBA advocacy. I understand completely what a character is in relation to being a public figure, as I've been around enough film industry workers to know some of the inns-and-outs of media attention, and I know that for some it's all about image and not content.

My point was that there is always the implication that Mr. Noir as a public figure is a character being played. I would go as far as to say Noir's dress code makes him into less of a character than the average sharply-dressed politician. Given that he started out making videos dressed in the exact same manner before the NRA stepped in, it doesn't seem to me like he was pulled out of the woodwork, had a cap slapped on him, and told to "go connect with the youths" like many seem to believe.

Quote:
It's my choice to agree or disagree with it.
And I never suggested that it was not your choice.

Quote:
I've watched a few of Noir's videos & I don't agree with everything he says.
Then I would recommend sticking to what you don't agree with. In the meantime, constantly calling him a character and suggesting that his image isn't appealing to a large demographic isn't -exactly- disagreeing with what he says, it's taking issue with certain arbitrary classifications that you seem to have come up with.

Quote:
I've seen a few of Fate of Destinee's videos too. She seems cute & buys/carrys a lot of firearms but a few of her remarks are a tad out there & I think she'd be better served by taking a few courses/learning more from a wider variety of sources.
I have never watched any of her videos, so I am unable to offer any sort of opinion on her specific actions or statements. However, I am also reluctant to prejudge someones actions for being "out there". To many, some of the things I say are "out there", and judging what I or others have to say based upon the status quo rather than the content seems to be a recurring theme.

Quote:
With digital media & the internet, today's young people(25 and under) are in a great era to share ideas & input. I think the NRA & NSSF/gun makers can make better use of these resources than corporate videos or slick ads.
Here's where we start agreeing completely. My issue with Colion isn't that he's a character or that he's not appealing or anything of that sort, it's that I feel his message would have been far better served had he stayed as an independent video producer. The medium he is currently in is unappealing, in that the corporate sterile-feeling NRA production takes away from the meaningfulness of the message. I have an immense amount of respect for Colion Noir, but I feel that the NRA is dragging him down.
Old July 19, 2014, 04:58 PM   #22
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_Null
My issue with Colion isn't that he's a character or that he's not appealing or anything of that sort, it's that I feel his message would have been far better served had he stayed as an independent video producer. The medium he is currently in is unappealing, in that the corporate sterile-feeling NRA production takes away from the meaningfulness of the message. I have an immense amount of respect for Colion Noir, but I feel that the NRA is dragging him down.
Amen. Back when it was just him in front of a camera with choppy editing, it felt genuine. And that's because it was genuine; he was just a regular guy who was appealing because he made good points. Many people also liked the fact that he didn't fit the media stereotype of the typical gun owner.

He's still the same guy, but I agree that this new format is bringing him down and feels a lot less genuine.
Old July 19, 2014, 05:25 PM   #23
Captains1911

Some people need to loosen up a bit.
Old July 19, 2014, 06:18 PM   #24
RustyShackelford

Post #23....

I agree.
It's your choice to listen to or agree with these online gun personalities.
To me, race/gender/age isn't a big issue. My concern is that new(younger) viewers or CCW holders/gun owners get the wrong impression from some of the Youtube channels or from Instagram/Vimeo.
I'd say new gunners & younger armed professionals(military, LE, security, corrections, bail agents, etc) can get much more from veteran industry members like Clint Smith, Bill Rogers, Massad Ayoob, Larry Vickers, John Shaw, Duane Dieter, Jeff Gonzales, etc.
They've "smelled the smoke" & been in the shooting sports/training/tactics industry for many years.

Andre Agassi
Old July 20, 2014, 06:47 AM   #25
skoro

Thumbs up Caliber Wars Humor

Funny stuff. Thanks for the links.