Quantcast
Daisy 747 air pistol seal kits? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Air Guns

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 18, 2014, 03:07 PM   #1
motorcycle_dan

Daisy 747 air pistol seal kits?

I run an adult and youth air gun league through our 4H shooting sports program. 30 shot weekly league. We were donated a Daisy 747 pistol. Seems to shoot well but probably should be resealed. Occassionally it won't spit out the pellet acting as if the pressure is low. Usually after a couple pumps it will discharge. I'm guessing dirty valve and possibly o-rings. I'm willing to purchase a rebuild kit for this but need a source. I spoke with pilkguns and he said he goes directly to Daisy for the kits. Anyone got an address or phone number where I can order the kits? Thanks.
Old July 18, 2014, 11:08 PM   #2
Buzsaw

Our 4h program had a herd of 717 and 747 daisy air pistols. Very accurate, with a great trigger on the 747. And a Walther barrel. After a season, the pistols started leaking and acting erratically. The kids had to borrow guns at the state shoot. These guns were highly recommended but didn't work out for us. We do plan to get the guns resealed in the future however.
Old July 19, 2014, 02:55 PM   #3
motorcycle_dan

Need source for repair kits

Still looking for a source to purchase the repair kits for a Daisy 747. Address, or phone number or website would be great.
Old July 20, 2014, 07:13 AM   #4
BLB68

Did you try calling Daisy?

I looked on Pyramyd Air, but didn't see any kits for the 747. You could try contacting them and seeing if they know of a source. They seem to be one of the larger and more complete online airgun stores.
Old July 20, 2014, 09:22 AM   #5
SleazyRider

Give Daisy a call at (800) 713-2479. They don't have much by way of a website for ordering parts, but they have wonderful customer service with very reasonable shipping. You can actually call them on the telephone and have a conversation with a polite, knowlegeable individual who speaks the King's English. She even put me in touch with private repair services for parts that are obsolete.

---JOHN STEINBECK, East of Eden
Old September 30, 2014, 11:53 PM   #6
Rex B

+1. Call daisy. I rebuilt my 747 a few years back. Daisy was helpful, parts were cheap. Buy spares
Old October 1, 2014, 03:58 PM   #7
mdauben

Quote:
Did you try calling Daisy?
Since the 747 is still in production, I would be very surprised if they didn't have rebuild kits or parts available.

Election 2014: When you vote, remember how your Congressmen and women voted on the issues important to you.
Old October 1, 2014, 09:37 PM   #8
motorcycle_dan

Yes Daisy had the seal kits

Not only that they were very reasonably priced. I got enough to do 10 pistols. That should fix all the pistols we currently have.