Quantcast
Fail Background Check - Page 2 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 24, 2014, 03:12 PM   #26
Praxidike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVA Shooter View Post
I would think that if the FFL's policy was not agreed too then you're not held to it. 'Agreed to' can be a tricky thing, but if the only contact was by email and those emails didn't contain any language about terms (implicit or direct), you may be in the clear. If you were made aware (even in the slightest way) that terms and conditions existed (e.g. fine print in the email referring to terms and conditions, wording directing you to the website for details, or even if the online site that referred you made mention of them), simply agreeing to do business would probably constitute consent.
It was not listed in their store nor was it mentioned on their when we spoke via email and phone. My new license can in the main today, and I still have my old license. I'm about to head over their now.
Old July 24, 2014, 03:15 PM   #27
Praxidike

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgun View Post
"ALL DENIED
Transactions will incur a fee of $100.00 and storage fees are effective
immediately ($10.00 per day)."

sounds like a dealer I would NOT do business with

also: was your transaction denied or "canceled" ? I think not having the DL in time makes it canceled rather than denied. Denied = you are legally prohibited from owning a gun, canceled = transaction did get proceed because of expired/missing documents....
He said they "denied" me but I'm not sure if he was using technical terms or not. The state police stated that the only issue was with my license, and after that was taken care of, then I was good to go. I'm going to call and ask them about them if the 30 day clause applies to me.
Old July 26, 2014, 09:09 AM   #28
rdhood

Quote:
ALL DENIED
Transactions will incur a fee of $100.00 and storage fees are effective
immediately ($10.00 per day). All legal and other fees incurred will be the responsibility of the denied person.
Ownership of the item transfers to <removed> at 60 days OR where the fees incurred equal the value of the item. Any unpaid / unclaimed / or abandoned transfers become the property of <removed> and they can dispose of said gun to pay for the fees.
As someone who was wrongly denied for over a year, this is a bogus requirement. You can be denied through no fault of your own, by a mistake made by a clerk during record transcription. Ask me how I know. The FFL held my gun for a YEAR. I can understand why an FFL would make this rule, but it means that the innocent customer could lose hundreds or thousands of dollars due to this policy. Again, sometimes the only guilty party here is the GOVERNMENT. A policy that punishes the customer for the government's failure is bogus.
Old July 26, 2014, 03:14 PM   #29
Praxidike

I know... Not being a criminal or fitting any of the other disqualifiers when it comes to firearms, the thought of ever being denigned never crossed my mind. Then when you are denigned for any reason, there's a stigma placed on you, and everyone involved demeanor changes.

Last edited by hso; August 4, 2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old August 4, 2014, 08:51 AM   #30
rogerstg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxidike View Post
My new license can in the main today, and I still have my old license. I'm about to head over their now.
So what happened? Hope it went well for you.
Old August 4, 2014, 12:54 PM   #31
Praxidike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerstg View Post
So what happened? Hope it went well for you.
I picked the firearm up without any issues. The state police accepted my old divers license to show that I lived in VA 30 days prior to the issued date that's printed on my new license. The dealer did not mention anything about charging me extra fees, and I purposely did not bring it up.

I learned about Virginia's 30 day clause on newly issued or reinstated license, and I learned to not just pay attention to price/transfer fees when searching for an FFL.
Old August 5, 2014, 08:38 AM   #32
rromeo

So where in Virginia are you?
Old August 5, 2014, 09:28 AM   #33
NoVA Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxidike View Post
...and I learned to not just pay attention to price/transfer fees when searching for an FFL.
QFT...and not just for FFLs. There's been a couple times when I've regretted getting into a business deal after "reading the fine print".

All in all, it sounds like the FFL's policy is just there to enforce for dead-beat customers, not for instances like yours where there's a unforeseen/resolvable issue.
Old August 5, 2014, 11:36 AM   #34
Deltaboy

Glad it all worked out for you.
Old August 5, 2014, 02:01 PM   #35
Praxidike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rromeo View Post
So where in Virginia are you?
Hampton Roads area: Chesapeake, VA
Old August 7, 2014, 12:55 PM   #36
Schutzen

$100 denighed fee

My guess, and this is nothing more than a guess, is that sentence applies to firearms that are ordered in from out of state for receipt of the in state FFL. A $100 fee to undo the transfer and or re-market a firearm because the purchaser is an unqualified buyer is not an unreasonable fee.
Old August 7, 2014, 01:02 PM   #37
Praxidike

Its my opinion that its dozens of fees that is meant as a way to get the ffl a new gun to sell if a felon failed the check... Normal practice is for the fll to send the firearm back to the seller at the seller's cost, and the seller would bill the customer a restock fee....