Quantcast
whats your favorite(s) online firearm accessory store? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 21, 2014, 12:11 PM   #1
bullseyebob47

whats your favorite(s) online firearm accessory store?

i like midway but not their shipping rates and "out of stock".
Old July 21, 2014, 12:29 PM   #2
saitek

favorite's

i mostly go to graf's,natchez shooter's and midsouth shooter's
Old July 21, 2014, 12:30 PM   #3
josephbw

Midway made a big change to their shipping rates recently. Check them out again.
Old July 21, 2014, 01:09 PM   #4
cat_IT_guy

Most of my orders go to Midway. Palmetto is also creeping up. Sometimes smaller/specialty orders go through specialty stores, Carolina Shooter Supply comes to mind.
Old July 22, 2014, 04:21 PM   #5
Elkins45

Midway and Brownell's pretty much exclusively for many years, but I have started shopping with Midsouth and Graf's in the last 3-4 years with good results.

The inventory of gun stores seems to have suffered over the last few years, likely because everybody just defaults to online purchases these days.

I don't own an assault weapon. I own a counter-assault weapon.
Old July 22, 2014, 05:12 PM   #6
Jesse H

dsgarms.com
skdtac.com
psa
impactweaponscomponents.com

Have been putting dents here and there in my paychecks lately.
Old July 22, 2014, 05:13 PM   #7
Arkansas Paul

If Midway has what I need, I rarely even look elsewhere.
Old July 22, 2014, 05:22 PM   #8
Ryanxia

Brownells, Apex Gun Parts, Amazon, Centerfiresystems.com , palmettostatearmory.com are my usual places.

Join NRA Today!

Takes 2 minutes to donate to NRA-ILA https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...re/donate.aspx
Bloomberg is spending, we can too. Every little bit helps.
Old July 22, 2014, 05:29 PM   #9
RustyShackelford

Places I check often.....

Here are a few places I either check or buy products from;
www.glockstore.com www.natchezss.com www.galls.com www.policehq.com www.uscav.com www.midwayusa.com www.brownells.com www.duluthtrading.com www.cabelas.com www.sgammo.com www.cheaperthandirt.com .

NOTE: The president/CEO of Midway USA said they now have a new lower rate S/H system.
Galls has a lot of good LE/public safety stuff. I never had any issues with them but I did have a minor problem ordering a new pair of uniform pants. They had to be tailored which took longer for delivery but FedEx sent them to the wrong place.
Galls customer service refunded my $ but it was a hassle.
It was over the holidays, so I think FedEx may have had extra staff that was not well trained.

Andre Agassi
Old July 22, 2014, 05:39 PM   #10
akarguy

Carolina shooter supply... Good prices, fair shipping charges, good selection and awesome how-to videos
Old July 23, 2014, 08:37 AM   #11
Ryanxia

Not to sidetrack the thread but it should be noted that cheaper than dirt and dicks sporting goods pulled their rifles right after Sandy Hook right as people were most desperate to get them.
Cheaper than dirt also significantly gouged its customers, even more than was expected (perfectly within their Rights). I would think twice before ordering from either, I personally along with many others will never spend another dollar with either business.

Join NRA Today!

Takes 2 minutes to donate to NRA-ILA https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...re/donate.aspx
Bloomberg is spending, we can too. Every little bit helps.
Old July 23, 2014, 09:10 AM   #12
jmr40

I buy my optics here. www.swfa.com

I find a few bargains here at times www.cdnnsports.com
Old July 23, 2014, 10:09 AM   #13
bannockburn

A few of my favorite places are Brownells, Midway, and CDNN.
Old July 23, 2014, 10:45 AM   #14
On An Island

One I use that hasn't been mentioned is OpticsPlanet.
10mm Club #36
Old July 23, 2014, 10:53 AM   #15
Arkansas Paul

Quote:
Not to sidetrack the thread but it should be noted that cheaper than dirt and dicks sporting goods pulled their rifles right after Sandy Hook right as people were most desperate to get them.
Cheaper than dirt also significantly gouged its customers, even more than was expected (perfectly within their Rights). I would think twice before ordering from either, I personally along with many others will never spend another dollar with either business.
Yep. I hate to beat a dead horse, but I'd pay Midway before I would accept something from CTD for free. And that's a fact.
I'd do without before giving them a single penny.
Old July 23, 2014, 01:52 PM   #16
ghfljf

Good info on stores I haven't tried.

I usually spend too much time shopping for the best prices and hunting for items in stock. I have had good luck with Palmetto State Armory in the past, but now have an ammo order being processed for almost a month. Worse they haven't responded to emails and now can't leave a message on the phone. The voice mail box is full.
Old July 23, 2014, 03:15 PM   #17
CLP

I also won't shop at CTD. Removed them from my bookmarks and haven't visited there site in at least a year.
Old July 23, 2014, 03:29 PM   #18
Old Dog

Can't believe no one's mentioned Top Gun Supply. If you haven't ordered from them, give 'em a try. I've ordered on a Monday morning and had my items in my mailbox on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. This is with the base priority mail shipping. Extremely competitive prices. Check them outwww.topgunsupply.com
Midway is my number 2 for go-to supplies.
Old July 23, 2014, 03:45 PM   #19
Red Wind

Natchez Shooters Supplies is almost always #1. J&G Sales and Brownells are right up there.
Old July 23, 2014, 09:03 PM   #20
flyguy958

Midway and Widners, CTD can keep all there "stuff" till the last bell rings.
Old July 24, 2014, 11:56 PM   #21
Zach S

I normally hit Brownells first due to their filtering options and customer service. Needed a .195" tritium sight for a Novak cut, so I went to the website, checked the box for ".195" and then the box for "tritium" and had it ordered in no time. Midway's filters are "front sights," "rear sights," or "sight sets."

Brownells sent me a wrong part once. I called, they sent the right part out that day, told me to send the other back when I had time, and they gave me a four or five dollar credit (or partial refund?) to cover mailing it back. They seemed to ignore whatever publication said its better to call the customer by their first name, and call me "Mr S" instead of Zach, Zachariah, or "how do you pronounce your first name?" (My typical response is Mister). I have found that customer service like that is rare nowadays. A competitor may have a better price, but unless its a huge difference, I'll still order from Brownells just based on their CS.

Midway or CTD sent the wrong part once, I ended up keeping it and selling it locally, at a loss. Easier than returning it.

"The problem with the 1911 today is that so many people have been trying to outsmart John Browning for so long, they really believe they have." - 1911Tuner
Old July 25, 2014, 12:28 AM   #22
gamestalker

It's Brownells for me. I find their wed site easier to order from / navigate, and they almost always have what I need, fewer out of stock issues for the things I buy. I still do business now and then with Midway, but if Brownells has it, I look no further.

GS
Old July 25, 2014, 12:38 AM   #23
ole farmerbuck
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wind View Post
Natchez Shooters Supplies is almost always #1. J&G Sales and Brownells are right up there.
I have always liked Natchez but when they want almost $20 to ship a trigger pull guage, thats it for me.
Old July 25, 2014, 01:19 AM   #24
RustyShackelford

CopsPlus.com....

The LE & security supply site; www.CopsPlus.com has decent prices & fast service.
I ordered a OC spray holder(Bianchi AccuMold) & some Mean Green OC spray(Mk III).
I'd buy items from them again.

Andre Agassi
Old July 25, 2014, 10:14 AM   #25
Arkansas Paul

Quote:
I have always liked Natchez but when they want almost $20 to ship a trigger pull guage, thats it for me.
I just ordered something yesterday from Natchez (my first order with them) because Midway didn't have what I needed and I too noticed the high shipping. A holster that weighed 0.70 lb and it cost $17 and some change to ship via Fed Ex.