Quantcast
Hollywood Gun Shop Catalog - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 8, 2004, 05:57 PM   #1
cdbeaver

Hollywood Gun Shop Catalog

I've had in my possession for many years a 1951 catalog distributed by the Hollywood Gun Shop, owned by Lyle S. Corcoran of Hollywood, Calif.

The 15-page booklet (one page is blank) gives detailed information on the original "Hollywood" reloading tool, the Universal "A" and "B" tools, reloading dies, Hollywood powder measure and Hollywood bullet swaging dies.

As a little bonus, the catalog also lists a large variety of books on guns and related topics that were in print then, as well as prices. And, finally, it provides a list of many, many reloading, bullet casting, swaging components as well as powders and the like.

Now, here's the deal:

I would like to pass on this very informative catalog to any and all who are interested. Problem is, I am not computer literate enough to put it on the internet in the form of a PDF or something else that is downloadable.

If there is any one who would be willing to accept the task, I will gladly mail them the catalog. Just e-mail me or send a PM with your mailing address and I'll get it sent out pronto.
Old April 8, 2004, 07:55 PM   #2
klw

http://www.antiquereloadingtools.org/ would undoubtedly love to have it. They would probably put it on their web site and add it to their library. If you are so inclined, go there and ask.
Old April 12, 2004, 11:10 PM   #3
Deavis

If you just want someone to scan it and put it into pdf format for you, I'll do it for you. I can work with it to put it into a number of "quality" based files, burn them to a CD, then mail it all back to you. Just PM me, and we can work out the details.
Old April 12, 2004, 11:49 PM   #4
armoredman

A freidn of mine has a Hollywood Gunshop press - thing is HUGE. Got it from Jensen's when they stopped doing custom ammo....

http://czfirearms.us/ The original CZ Forum, new address.
Old April 13, 2004, 08:45 AM   #5
cdbeaver

Thanks for your offers, guys. Fellow member Blues Bear has agreed to digitize the catalog to downloadable form, and the information is en route to him now.
Old April 13, 2004, 07:58 PM   #6
DCR

cdbeaver - Thank you for your thoughtfulness in offering to share this info. I have an old Hollywood press and would LOVE to know more about all their stuff. I still use it, with a custom shell-plate-holder-adaptor, for my single-stage stuff. When it's up and running, please let us know.

Again, thank you!!

DCR
Old January 6, 2016, 09:10 PM   #7
rbbrunner

Where can we get the information in the Hollywood Gun Shop Catalog or download the contents of it ?
Old January 7, 2016, 04:13 AM   #8
col.lemat

Just a side note, I had the pleasure of meeting the gentleman a few years ago. Kind of reminded me of a mad scientist with some of his ideas. One was to take fired rim fire cases swage them to .224, fill with lead for use in reloading. Spent about an hour talking about reloading and dies with press for 50 BMG. He said that he was reloading all the way up to 30 mm for the govt. My uncle who knows him quit well said that while Lyle was redoing some boot leg overhead wiring a spark fell into a uncovered powder hopper and burned the place to the ground after catching the entire factory on fire. To top it off there was no insurance.